The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I can't decide if this is...... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=594)

tat2skullz 06-12-2001 12:32 PM

I can't decide if this is......

stupid and funny, or just plain scary... seriously, I think it's time to thin the heard here people....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=592111071 :eek:

Aredubjay 06-12-2001 12:35 PM

Re: I can't decide if this is......

Quote:

Originally posted by tat2skullz
stupid and funny, or just plain scary... seriously, I think it's time to thin the heard here people....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=592111071 :eek:

This is truly, truly sad. First, it was Dan and his front grille, now this. How many other uses can we find for "gutter guard?" IF this keeps up, it'll overtake "duct tape" as the number one repair material.:rolleyes:

1994SubaruSVX 06-12-2001 12:36 PM

no it is stupid.

that is just damn ridiculous, "no officer i did not know i was speeding. you see i can not see my speedometer!" that is just plain nuts.:rolleyes:

Jaylinb 06-12-2001 07:45 PM

Re: no it is stupid.

Quote:

"no officer i did not know i was speeding. you see i can not see my speedometer!"
That's just what I was thinking! This reminds me: I saw a Neon for sale online the other day that had a Sony Playstation2 in it! Okay, now, cell phones are dangerous enough to use while driving...

Seraph 06-12-2001 10:03 PM

Re: Re: no it is stupid.

Quote:

Originally posted by Jaylinb

That's just what I was thinking! This reminds me: I saw a Neon for sale online the other day that had a Sony Playstation2 in it! Okay, now, cell phones are dangerous enough to use while driving...

Dangerous? You should have seen me in my MP3 Camaro. It has a DVD player, computer (with CDPD access), wireless everything and ofcourse, computer screen. www.mp3car.com

That is dangerous. now, I am thinking if i want a computer in my svx. but i have to find some money first to fix that tranny.
=(
Lwin

Ron Mummert 06-12-2001 10:28 PM

What's wrong here? I think it's a wonderful summertime idea. You flip the mesh up, visor style, put yer weiners or burgers on the grill in the morning, go to work, park in the sun, come out for lunch, and you've got a fresh, hot, finger lickin' meal. Close sunroof for well done, half open for medium rare, etc. American ingenuity - how could we live without it? Tsu.

Seraph 06-13-2001 01:22 AM

If anyone is interested, I think i can make a mash hood. It will be lighter then CF hoods and there will be hell of a lot of air going in for your tranny!!! Now, we are talking the ideal hood for the SVX.
Lwin
:D

It's too late in the night for me to think straight.

1994SubaruSVX 06-13-2001 07:00 AM

just when i think we are a normal....

bunch of guys?? so is there a sign up sheet for the mesh hood, i am game!:D

lightning_8669 06-13-2001 10:33 AM

Close sunroof for well done

Ron,

My AC isn't working. Talk about dangerous. When the outside temp hits 90 F you can bake cookies in the car. I'm still calibrating the temp at which my gray matter begins to malfunction (now that statement ought to draw some response from certain viewers:D )

mohrds 06-13-2001 10:44 AM

<<still calibrating the temp at which my gray matter begins to malfunction (now that statement ought to draw some response from certain viewers )>>

Of course it will :-P

Let me take a guess at the temp where your brain STARTS to malfunction... hmmm...

0 degrees Kelvin?

:)

Doug

lightning_8669 06-13-2001 10:49 AM

0 degrees Kelvin?

That may be but below that it functions at the "superconductivity level" The problem there is that my frozen finger tips chip off while responding to your quips:D Damn, just shattered another 0 Kelvin degree keyboard:eek:

In the short term I need a way to cold soak the brain case to prevent fade. Any suggestions. (who said I wasn't a nice guy?:D )

mohrds 06-13-2001 10:51 AM

<<In the short term I need a way to cold soak the brain case to prevent fade. Any suggestions. (who said I wasn't a nice guy?>>

A towel, a shower cap, and a bag of ice.

Doug

lightning_8669 06-13-2001 10:55 AM

A towel, a shower cap, and a bag of ice.

You forgot the "remove rear view mirror" part. Accidentally catch a view of that set up in the mirror I'd lose control of the car from uncontrolled laughter:D

1994SubaruSVX 06-13-2001 11:09 AM

i would comment......

but the utter lunacy speaks for itself. :D

lightning_8669 06-13-2001 11:46 AM

but the utter

It's the thing on the bottom of the cow towards the back. Looks kinda like an inflated rubber glove pointing at the ground. Ya can't miss it. By the way you should know better than discuss cows with someone from Wisconsin.:D

Regarding keeping cool, the prototype race car drivers used to use a set up that was pretty neat. They had an aluminum plate with passages through it that they would pump water through. The water would then go through a mesh vest and skull cap under the driver suit and helmet. The water would then cycle back to the the aluminum plate. The neat part was that the aluminum plate was placed in a cooler with ice on it. A non-horsepower consuming cooling system. Cool idea, literally.:cool: