The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official/ Formal SVX Club (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4197)

LarryIII 05-18-2002 01:56 PM

Official/ Formal SVX Club

Hi All the Formal SVX Club Officers,

I have not heard anytrhing about the Formal Club for a while.
Is there any news ? What's Happening ?

The formal SVX iClub s a good idea; let's not let it languish and die.

Larry III
Do officers of the Formal SVX Club need to wear White Tie & Tails or are standard tuxedoes pemitted?? :D :D :D

Beav 05-18-2002 04:03 PM

Re: Official/ Formal SVX Club

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

Must officers of the Formal SVX Club need to wear White Tie & Tails or are standard tuxedos pemitted?? :D :D :D

I heard that they were going to hand wash and paste wax every club member's car that showed up for the 10th reunion.

svxter 05-18-2002 07:23 PM

Actually....

We have been very busy, if not very vocal. The officers and board members have been holding regular e-meetings to discuss primarily:

1. Server related issues.
2. Incorporation and other legal issues.
3. Membership dues structure and benefits.

It's beginning to come together. There's still a lot of work to be done, but hopefully further information will be forthcoming shortly. Stay tuned, as they say...

Aredubjay 05-18-2002 07:27 PM

The officers have been meeting on a regular basis to, not only try to ensure the Network stays viable, but, we have all our ducks in a row before soliciting memberships, etc. We have discussed premiums for members, prices of memberships (there will be three levels), and the legalities of becoming a bona-fide organization with papers of incorporation filed with good ol' Uncle Sam. Sorry for not keeping folks informed, but, we want to make sure we have no stone unturned and everything all pretty and neat before we "pull up our skirt" so to speak. :)

svxter 05-18-2002 07:28 PM

Re: Re: Official/ Formal SVX Club

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav

I heard that they were going to hand wash and paste wax every club member's car that showed up for the 10th reunion.

That's not what I heard. I heard you were going to set up shop and do free repairs. So bring along a left rear ABS sensor, would you? :D

LarryIII 05-18-2002 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
The officers have been meeting on a regular basis to, not only try to insure the Network says viable, but, we have all our ducks in a row before soliciting memberships, etc. We have discussed premiums for members, prices of memberships (there will be three levels), and the legalities of becoming a bona-fide organization with papers of incorporation filed with good ol' Uncle Sam. Sorry for not keeping folks informed, but, we want to make sure we have no stone unturned and everything all pretty and neat before we "pull up our skirt" so to speak. :)

Oh my word, If you pull up your skirt I'm liable to spy the fabled zebra stripes. But will you respect me in the morning? :D :D :D

Larry III

Aredubjay 05-18-2002 10:24 PM

Quote:

Oh my word, If you pull up your skirt I'm liable to spy the fabled zebra stripes. But will you respect me in the morning? :D :D :D

Larry III

Why should I respect you in the morning? I don't respect you now. :D

Just kidding Larry. You know you have my utmost respect, but, only because you have such great taste in women. Tell Rosie that Shari and I say hello. :D

Beav 05-19-2002 12:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Official/ Formal SVX Club

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter

That's not what I heard. I heard you were going to set up shop and do free repairs. So bring along a left rear ABS sensor, would you? :D

Heyzeus Jones!!! $114 for an ABS sensor? Oww, take it out, it hurts! You buy the part, I'll stick it in for free. It's nothing a BFH can't fix! :D *sacrifices a small portion of reputation in exchange for expediting the job requested* Once the caliper and rotor are off it's only a small bolt and a beating away from being done. (maybe throw in some WD-40)

Aredubjay 05-19-2002 12:38 AM

Re: Re: Official/ Formal SVX Club

Quote:

Sorry, Beav. Your cell phone static (have you seen the commercials) must've made you misunderstand. They didn't say "hand wash and paste wax." What they actually said was "Eat sandwiches and wear pasties." :D

As for white tie and tails, I'll only wear them if I can wear zebra striped tie and cumberbund. :D:D:D

Beav 05-19-2002 12:52 AM

Quote:

Sorry, Beav. Your cell phone static (have you seen the commercials) must've made you misunderstand. They didn't say "hand wash and paste wax." What they actually said was "Eat sandwiches and wear pasties." :D

As for white tie and tails, I'll only wear them if I can wear zebra striped tie and cumberbund. :D:D:D

Dang! And I had my heart set on you waxing my *undesirable* (;) ) Emerald Pearl with Zymol's best: http://www.zymol.com/vintage2.htm - gotta love the price!

Aredubjay 05-19-2002 01:02 AM

Y'know, Beav. I think they ARE out to get me. :D

LarryIII 05-19-2002 08:19 AM

Quote:

Randy,

Be careful what you wish for. You're just liable to get it. :D :D :D :D :

Aredubjay 05-19-2002 02:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Official/ Formal SVX Club

Quote:

Randy,

Be careful what you wish for. You're just liable to get it. :D :D :D :D :

Don't tell me. Your Uncle Guido has a Tuxedo shop as a front for his mob dealings? :D

Ron Mummert 05-19-2002 09:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Official/ Formal SVX Club

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beav

Dang! And I had my heart set on you waxing my *undesirable* (;) ) Emerald Pearl with Zymol's best: http://www.zymol.com/vintage2.htm - gotta love the price!

But Beav, it's the only wax that comes hand packed in its own solid walnut humidor with a box 'o Rothchild on the side. I mean what other wax allows you the option of applying to an automobile, or spreading it on a triskit next to the cavier & fois gras?
Priceless! Bon appetit.

Ronald.

Beav 05-19-2002 11:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Official/ Formal SVX Club

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Quote:

But Beav, it's the only wax that comes hand packed in its own solid walnut humidor with a box 'o Rothchild on the side. I mean what other wax allows you the option of applying to an automobile, or spreading it on a triskit next to the cavier & fois gras?
Priceless! Bon appetit.

Ronald.
You didn't look, did ya? This was the good stuff, packed in the fake crystal. Only $1400 and they stiff ya on the box o' ripple too. However it will probably still make me as hungry as their less expensive concoctions. :p