The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Car goes under the knife tomorrow (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37353)

Tim 02-06-2007 05:47 PM

Car goes under the knife tomorrow

Yep yep... in the hands of Tom again.

Big laundry list of stuff to do for some super secret modifications :cool:

Just kidding... just a lot of maintenence since i'm hitting 150K :eek:

TomsSVX 02-06-2007 05:48 PM

werd:cool: ... We gotta bounce from the shop right after we drop off the car because my TV is comming tomorrow anytime for 1 until 4... So be there at noon yo:cool:

Tom

Aredubjay 02-07-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221
Yep yep... in the hands of Tom again.

Big laundry list of stuff to do for some super secret modifications :cool:

Just kidding... just a lot of maintenence since i'm hitting 150K :eek:

May yours be operating as well at 150K as mine is at over 250K. :D

Darn! I hope I didn't jinx myself.:eek:

Trevor 02-07-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aredubjay

Randy, throw some salt over your shoulder if you are that way inclined. :eek:

In any event from what I have read of Tom's posts, the car will be in good hands, with many more K's, oops, miles in store. :)

oab_au 02-07-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Well Reading is coming up,,,,,,,,,,,,:o time for you to hold the crucifix near the tranny.:D

Harvey. ;)

Trevor 02-07-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au
Well Reading is coming up,,,,,,,,,,,,:o time for you to hold the crucifix near the tranny.:D

Harvey. ;)

As usual a post without due thought. :(

TomsSVX 02-07-2007 08:24 PM

he really only needs a few things... Mostly a new flexplate... rear seal, valve cover gaskets, 02 sensors, and knock sensors. I am gonna pull the motor and just have at it. Shouldn't take very long at all

Tom

Tim 02-07-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
he really only needs a few things... Mostly a new flexplate... rear seal, valve cover gaskets, 02 sensors, and knock sensors. I am gonna pull the motor and just have at it. Shouldn't take very long at all

Tom

But soon there won't be stains on my driveway! the highlight of the job... that and I won't have to keep adding oil lol

TomsSVX 02-09-2007 06:31 AM

ok got some work done yesterday... Motor came out... Busted flaxplate came off (in 3 pieces) New flexplate went on... Alignment pins went on. Replace the knock sensors.(thanks Janelle). I also replaced the valve cover gaskets.

Tim, I dunno WTF happened to your car... did you drive it through the Sahara Desert before it got here?? I have broken 4 rubber hoses because they are so dry and brittle. Granted I have the stock to replace them but it is still annoying. Not to mention I had to CHISSEL the old gaskets out of the rocker cover they were so old and dry rotted.... Anyway. It all goes back together today and I will be done

Tom

n00b on demand 02-09-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
ok got some work done yesterday... Motor came out... Busted flaxplate came off (in 3 pieces) New flexplate went on... Alignment pins went on. Replace the knock sensors.(thanks Janelle). I also replaced the valve cover gaskets.

Tim, I dunno WTF happened to your car... did you drive it through the Sahara Desert before it got here?? I have broken 4 rubber hoses because they are so dry and brittle. Granted I have the stock to replace them but it is still annoying. Not to mention I had to CHISSEL the old gaskets out of the rocker cover they were so old and dry rotted.... Anyway. It all goes back together today and I will be done

Tom

saHarA dessArt for tEh w1n!!!!!111!!!!

Crazy_pilot 02-09-2007 09:02 AM

lol, "Woops, that's the one I used in the Dakar Rally..."

Aredubjay 02-09-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au

Harvey. ;)

True. However, I've gone two years without........OH CRAP, I'D BETTER SHUDDUP BEFORE I JINX MYSELF. :eek:

Aredubjay 02-09-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
As usual a post without due thought. :(

Wha...???:confused: :confused:

Trevor 02-09-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Wha...???:confused: :confused:

Touching on an area which involves religion, can cause offense and is not good manners. It should be avoided IMHO. :)

Aredubjay 02-09-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
Touching on an area which involves religion, can cause offense and is not good manners. It should be avoided IMHO. :)

Oh for heaven's sa....uhm...can't say that. Well good Go.....nope. Uhm, what the he....no, don't wanna offend the satanists --- well CHEESE AND CRACKERS, Trevor -- you ain't gone all ACLU on us, have you?:eek: :) :D

Damn! Now I'm gonna get mail from Wisconsinites -- y' just can't win, can you? :D