The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   ECU Tune Projects (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57395)

Jake@FAPFab 06-09-2011 02:59 PM

Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

extremely interested in an on-the-go opensource style tuning system.

any ideas on eta? price?

longassname 08-23-2011 12:23 PM

I've put together a basic definitions file to configure the ECUtuner software to communicate with the TCU. This will let you perform transmission diagnostics.

http://www.ecutune.com/ecutuner/defi...efinitions.xls

Tapani 08-24-2011 10:48 PM

I find the ECUtuner very useful and interesting.

It would be nice to know who else are using it..... :)

Tapani

pearlm30 05-03-2012 11:03 PM

I will be interested in this except I will have to buy a seprated USB cable from a different website from England??? Can you provide a website/company thats located in US? Or you can put a package together that includes everything?

DiabloScoobyru 05-03-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlm30 (Post 703772)
I will be interested in this except I will have to buy a seprated USB cable from a different website from England??? Can you provide a website/company thats located in US? Or you can put a package together that includes everything?

I may know of a couple sites that sell cables. I'll have to do some searching back through old bookmarks and get back to you guys on this. I did some searching awhile back when I was looking at buying another DSM. Was planning to make an OBDII palm data logger. The concept is very similar to what LAN has, ported to a palm pilot.

Ray at rallylights.com and I played around with the idea but never got to prototype it with cables and such. Looks like it may be a good idea now that there seems to be some sort of demand here for you 96-97 guys and gals.

longassname 05-29-2012 10:34 PM

No, I'm doing this as a favor to other SVX owners. I'll never make back the money I already had to shell out to make the interfaces. I can't go spending more for usb cables. You can purchase them direct from the manufacturer and consider any shipping expense to be in lieu of a mark up i would have to charge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlm30 (Post 703772)

Flyguyeddy 06-21-2012 07:55 AM

This might not be the best place to ask this but can coil dwell be changed in the JECS ecu? I'm switching to ls2 coils and leads and apparently they require a longer dwell time (like 4-5ms or so, i think the svx ecu is less than 3)

Assume that ill be burning a chip with the new parameters.

Also can vss#2 and anything having to do the automatic be turned off?

Sean486 06-21-2012 08:54 AM

I really should pick up one of these. Thanks for making them available LAN.

steveherman 07-15-2012 03:05 PM

so is the software ssm or just an ecu tuner and transmission tuning software?
how about some screen shots?

BRZCory 10-12-2012 01:38 PM

Old thread bump I know, but how about some screen shots and whatnot?

BackWoodsBob 10-13-2012 02:29 PM

^seconded.

icingdeath88 10-13-2012 02:39 PM

I ordered a ecutuner cable and the other cable, I'll post about it when they get here (ecutuner cable should be here on monday or tuesday).

Sean486 10-13-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 713567)
I ordered a ecutuner cable and the other cable, I'll post about it when they get here (ecutuner cable should be here on monday or tuesday).

Did you order the cable from the site in the UK?

icingdeath88 10-13-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 713569)
Did you order the cable from the site in the UK?

Yea I ordered them both the same day. Guess which one got here first? :rolleyes:

icingdeath88 10-15-2012 09:36 PM

Ok so I got the cables, and I can't seem to be able to get the software to run. Keeps throwing an error. On windows 7 x64, which has .net 3.5. The FTDI drivers are also installed. Tried another laptop, same result. Tried my desktop, same result.