The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Diff parts to trade (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43410)

crazyhorse 02-23-2008 03:46 PM

Diff parts to trade

I'll be replacing the trans in my SVX soon, with an Impreza unit. I'll have a full set of 3.54 gears, front, and rear, that I'd be willing to trade for a 4.11 rear LSD.

What you get: full front differential, ring, spiders, pinion, layshaft. Full rear differential , housing, gears, LSD, pulled working, from my SVX.

What I want, a working 4.11 LSD, ready to bolt into my SVX.

I'll pay shipping on my parts to you, you pay it on your parts to me.

It may be a couple weeks before I get the parts out of my SVX, so ATM this is a feeler.

EDIT: Corrected gear ratios

sicksubie 02-23-2008 04:17 PM

interested in buying it possibly....

crazyhorse 02-23-2008 04:24 PM

I'd really like to find a trade, as I'm getting the 3.90 trans, w/o a diff. If I don't find a trade, I'll give you a yell though.

You know a Subie without AWD is like socks with sandals, it just ain't right!

huck369 02-24-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 530258)
I'd really like to find a trade, as I'm getting the 3.90 trans, w/o a diff. If I don't find a trade, I'll give you a yell though.

You know a Subie without AWD is like socks with sandals, it just ain't right!

Paul,
I don't know for sure what ratio that tranny is...may be a 4.11 or a 3.90....
So you may want to find out for sure first....

If I get back over there, I'll get the numbers off the tranny (I should have done that when I pulled it:rolleyes:...but I forgot:confused:)

You can always install the tranny, and run with the FWD fuse in untill you get a rear diff for the swap.

huck369 02-24-2008 12:36 PM

OK...ran over to my Father-in-laws after church..

Got the numbers off the tranny, maybe someone here can verify the ratio

info 96 Impreza L AWD Sedan
Vin
JF1GC4357TH512578
BUILD DATE 12/95

TRANNY NUMBER: T2 102ZA4BA-GF

crazyhorse 02-24-2008 01:00 PM

Thanks Huck

I know there's a list somewhere of trans codes & thier ratios. It's how I verified the wife's Lego has the 4.44 gears.

(the thought crossed my mind to swap her trans into the SVX)

I figured on running in FWD until I can get ahold of a diff. I figured to pull the diff & axles out of the rear until I can find one, to save wear & tear on the LSD. Just in case I need to swap in new gears.

Dug it up on USMB ZA=2.2l & 4.11

huck369 02-25-2008 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 530398)
Thanks Huck

I know there's a list somewhere of trans codes & thier ratios. It's how I verified the wife's Lego has the 4.44 gears.

(the thought crossed my mind to swap her trans into the SVX)

I figured on running in FWD until I can get ahold of a diff. I figured to pull the diff & axles out of the rear until I can find one, to save wear & tear on the LSD. Just in case I need to swap in new gears.

Dug it up on USMB ZA=2.2l & 4.11

The axles are what hold the wheel bearing together....

If it has the 2 part drive shaft, just pull out the rear section of the driveshaft...