The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New SVX for me... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6563)

svx6595 10-21-2002 08:28 PM

New SVX for me...

Well not really for me... just for me to wax. Actually, my girlfriend, Jen, picked her 92 claret up on sunday after the NE meet. It has 85,000 miles, one owner, all records, and garage kept. That makes two for us. Pics are in my locker in the Jen's SVX folder. Pics from the NE meet are in there too if anyone is interested.

Larry + Jen:cool: :)

Seraph 10-21-2002 09:16 PM

Looks great Jen

your back wheels are on backwards which means your front wheel on the other side is on backwards.

Lwin

ps. I got this one.

CopsodyX 10-22-2002 12:32 AM

Nice car guys...good luck with it.

Joey

jscorse 10-22-2002 05:55 AM

It's a wonderful thing

You guys are so lucky. You have each other and you BOTH has SVX's.

What more in life is there? A good friend and a good car.

I'm getting all misty.....

Thanks again for coming out to the meet !!

mohrds 10-22-2002 07:33 AM

In addition to having an awesome SVX, I also like the LTD. I used to have a 2 door 76 LTD. After looking at yours last night, I went and pulled out my photos of it and I think I may scan and post them!

Doug

svx6595 10-22-2002 09:23 AM

We know about the wheels. I went through the service records and found out that one rim was bent so they moved it to the back. I have an extra so it will probably be fixed on Sunday. ;)

Thank you Jeff, the meet was great, and so was meeting your family. When do your daughters get their SVX's? :D

The LTD was a great car when I was between SVX's. It had the 351-M motor with a 2bbl. Fun car for the winter, but scared me on more than one occasion. I got the car for free so I guess the $400 dollars I put into it to get it running was worth it. :p

Larry + Jen :cool: :)

mohrds 10-22-2002 11:34 AM

Mine also had the 351-M.

It is a great car. Unfortunatly thos last three or four hundred neutral drops from redline finally did the transmission in.

Doug

svx6595 10-22-2002 02:50 PM

My LTD wouldn't let me neutral drop it. It would just sit there and rev in Drive. It wouldn't engage until the RPM's dropped. What color was your LTD? How much did you get for it when you sold it? I let it sit for a week during the winter and it started with no problem when I got back. Great Car.

Larry:)

Aredubjay 10-22-2002 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx6595
My LTD wouldn't let me neutral drop it. It would just sit there and rev in Drive. It wouldn't engage until the RPM's dropped. What color was your LTD? How much did you get for it when you sold it? I let it sit for a week during the winter and it started with no problem when I got back. Great Car.

Larry:)

We had a 74 LTD. Sold it with 365,000 miles on it for 100.00. It was still running strong. The guy we sold it to was going to take the engine out (351 Windsor) and put it in his pickup truck.

Actually bought the car with 185K on it for 300.00 and the only money we put into it over the rest of the mileage was brakes and some cans of spray paint to paint the rusting hood. It was navy blue with a black vinyl top. The top still looked good. :D

mohrds 10-22-2002 03:05 PM

I traded it in 1988 for a Front fender and door for my 70 Mustang.

The engine had over 130,000 on it, the tranny was shot, but the interior was still perfect.

It was bright yellow. It was pretty basic, no AC, no retracting headlights, no power windows, no rear wheel covers.

Some day I will get another one with all the options and do a full restoration on it.

Doug

mohrds 10-22-2002 03:08 PM

<<We had a 74 LTD. Sold it with 365,000 miles on it for 100.00. It was still running strong. The guy we sold it to was going to take the engine out (351 Windsor) and put it in his pickup truck. >>

74?? Those were the ugly ones. Small marker lights in the front, a full front grill.... uck ;)

Actually we had a 74 LTD Wagon that was metallic blue. That one had AC but no other options. My dad did splice in a rear speaker (5x7 I believe) so we had two speaker monaural sound.

Doug

$VX 10-22-2002 03:30 PM

Man, you guys like crappy cars. :P

Now a 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis Brougham Sedan , AWWWJYEAAAHHHH!

I scored it for 300 bucks. Squad car blue. Hide away headlights. Ice cold AC. Power seats, windows, brakes, and...eh... I think mirrors, don't remember that so well. The thing was a beast. 400 cubic inch v8. 3 spd auto. It liked to hit construction signs I swear. :) I wanted to chop the top off but sold it for 300 to another guy. :)

- Ca$h

mohrds 10-22-2002 03:39 PM

<<Man, you guys like crappy cars. :P

Now a 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis Brougham Sedan , AWWWJYEAAAHHHH>>

Last time I checked (which I admit was over a decade ago) I could have sworn that the 73-78 ford LTD and Mercury Grand Marquis were the same car with different lights and grills.

Or was the 78 Grand Marquis on the LTD II (much smaller) chasis?

Doug

Aredubjay 10-22-2002 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
Man, you guys like crappy cars. :P

Now a 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis Brougham Sedan , AWWWJYEAAAHHHH!

I scored it for 300 bucks. Squad car blue. Hide away headlights. Ice cold AC. Power seats, windows, brakes, and...eh... I think mirrors, don't remember that so well. The thing was a beast. 400 cubic inch v8. 3 spd auto. It liked to hit construction signs I swear. :) I wanted to chop the top off but sold it for 300 to another guy. :)

- Ca$h

"Now a 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis Brougham Sedan"

In other words, a Ford LTD dressed in its Mercury Suit.

Besides, I didn't say I liked it. When you've got a family of five and you're barely squeaking by, you don't have the luxury of buying what you like. You buy what's available and (if you're lucky) affordable.

$VX 10-22-2002 08:24 PM

You guys... its like the same car almost...

so much for sarcasm. :)

The weirdest thing? It had TWO front swaybars. I swear!

- Ca$h