The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Decals (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6430)

ensteele 10-14-2002 12:22 AM

Decals

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell me where these decals are available? A friend of mine is looking for a set of these and has not been able to find them. The decal has SVX and is put on the lower pannel in fornt of the tire. (see image below) If you can help me, I would appreciate it. I would like to know where they are available and the approximate price. Thanks :)

Aredubjay 10-14-2002 08:24 AM

Re: Decals

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
Can anyone tell me where these decals are available? A friend of mine is looking for a set of these and has not been able to find them. The decal has SVX and is put on the lower pannel in fornt of the tire. (see image below) If you can help me, I would appreciate it. I would like to know where they are available and the approximate price. Thanks :)
Earl,
I don't think these decals are available. My guess is, that someone saw them on the prototype, liked them, and had them created at a vinyl shop. It's easy enough, these days to scan the logo and have the lines put in.

benebob 10-14-2002 09:21 AM

decals

Hey earl, where'd you come across that pick? I think that car is from around me (or at least one just like it). If so the kid who owns it told me that they came on the car (my guess would be a dealer thing than as I've never seen them on another).

WestCoastSVX 10-14-2002 09:23 AM

I've seen these on at least 2 different cars around the Seattle area in the last year. One of them I see quite often, a claret here in Redmond that has crossed my path several times on the way to work but I never in a position where I can run him down. :D

Green1995SVX 10-14-2002 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They were a dealer installed accessory. A car in a salvage yard near me has them.

Mike

benebob 10-14-2002 09:25 AM

Re: decals

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Hey earl, where'd you come across that pick?
My fingers too fat or brain to slow today. I meant pic:D

Anyway, I am fairly certain the kid said his mom got the car new from Cumberland Valley Motors in Mechanicsburg PA

ensteele 10-14-2002 09:26 AM

There is a white pearl on the .org site and he has them. I have an email into him to see if they came on the car or if he put them on. I have seen these every once in a while, but not very common.

Green1995SVX 10-14-2002 09:29 AM

That pic of the claret one was on ebay a little while ago. It was in calif. Those stripes around it were also a dealer installed accessory.

Mike

ensteele 10-14-2002 09:35 AM

Thanks everyone. If I find out any more, I will let you know. :)

Zeppelin 10-14-2002 11:09 AM

Earl, I got a set of red ones off eBay quite some time ago. The auction said they were a dealer item, but the part # no longer works. Got the pair for $20 + shipping.

Phast SVX 10-14-2002 11:12 AM

Dale at motorsportwarehoues.com can make them, i recieved mine from him and he can make them in any color you wish for cheap :)
phil

Green1995SVX 10-14-2002 11:57 AM

At the dealer they're listed with the upper side eblems found on the 93+ models. They are available in gold and red.

Mike

CigarJohnny 10-14-2002 02:33 PM

If the sticker is a factory option it might not help much except add some looks, but it was an aftermarket item it might be good for at least 10 - 20 additional horsepower! All the G-riders near me have those and they swear each sticker is good for at least that much power gain!! My SVX has no stickers or rear wing which = slow car :(

:D :D :D :D

I_Alcyone_I 10-14-2002 03:44 PM

I saw those on a red one that is at the Cosco in puyallup quite often, maybe he works there? Anyway, if there is any way that black ones or maybe gray ones could be made that would be cool. Something that would look good on a black over white.

ensteele 10-14-2002 05:33 PM

Motorsports have them. They are $15.00 each and they can make many colors. Thanks for all of your help. I will tell my friend "where to go"! :D I didn't ask how many HP they would add. :rolleyes: