The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   svx remote (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41274)

Conn SVX 05-23-2012 12:55 PM

Re: svx remote

Sorry it is dit , dit, dit, da ,da ,da ,dit, dit, dit
And dit , da da , dit is a call = CQ :lol:

oab_au 05-23-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conn SVX (Post 704942)
Sorry it is dit , dit, dit, da ,da ,da ,dit, dit, dit
And dit , da da , dit is a call = CQ :lol:

And CQ means, "Seek You".:D

Harvey.

Conn SVX 05-23-2012 06:24 PM

http://freenet.msp.mn.us/people/calguire/morse.html
How did we end up with this I FORGOT:lol:

dromano 05-23-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au (Post 704961)
And CQ means, "Seek You".:D

Harvey.

Hey blokes, don't gang up on a 70 something that learned ditty bops 48 years ago, I have a hard time remembering my email address.............

theflystyle 07-31-2012 09:30 AM

going back to the pictures posted of the remote. The black wire should be attached to a metal plate that rests against the portion of the keychain (for added signal???)

did the remote end up working?

dromano 08-01-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflystyle (Post 709128)
going back to the pictures posted of the remote. The black wire should be attached to a metal plate that rests against the portion of the keychain (for added signal???)

did the remote end up working?

In the process of packing to move to St George Utah. The remote has to wait till we are settled in a new home.

My next major project is to find a 2003-04 Wrangler 2 door for all the great back country in Southern Utah. The ground clearance of the SVX won't work in sand stone country off road. It will become a semi garage queen.

kwren 08-02-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorSVXette (Post 500418)
Thank you. That makes more sense than "the steering wheel":D

For sure! It is all about words... :D

dromano 08-02-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 709233)
For sure! It is all about words... :D

kwren, just curious, why did you post on a comment that is 5 years old?
Just curious.:) I apologize, I don't get it.

trueblue 09-29-2016 01:16 AM

This is the only post I found about the security module, but my question was not answered so here it goes.

I have a 94 lsi, my security module is defective. The local yard has a 92 with the security module intact behind the glove box. Mine is under the rear deck. Are the modules the same or must I have one from a 94-97?:confused:

svxcess 09-29-2016 02:24 AM

The same security module with identical wires and functions.Were moved in the later years because of the passenger side air bag. Also a more responsive antenna

lsupcar 09-29-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue (Post 744916)
This is the only post I found about the security module, but my question was not answered so here it goes.

I have a 94 lsi, my security module is defective. The local yard has a 92 with the security module intact behind the glove box. Mine is under the rear deck. Are the modules the same or must I have one from a 94-97?:confused:

Why do you think your security module is defective?
I'm wondering if mine is as well.
Thanks.
Bill

trueblue 09-29-2016 10:53 AM

Thanks for the info. svxcess.

I have no function of the security module, and the red light is always on. I am sure my problem was caused by a sticky driver side door lock. Each time I would hit the remote the door lock would react slower and slower until it finally stopped working. Soon after the alarm stopped working altogether and the red light stays on. I feel excessive current draw from the sticky door lock caused too much current flow in the alarm module and fried .

I have since remove the door lock and cleaned it well, it seems to work fine now with the key.

lsupcar 09-29-2016 07:32 PM

Thank you true blue for that.
My remote works most of the time. Sometimes; however, the car will honk appropriately in response to the remote, but the locks will not respond appropriately. When I then use the key, the lock move easily and inside the lock sliders work easily.
Thanks.
Bill