The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Any other photographers arround? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15525)

NapaBavarian 01-09-2004 10:45 PM

Any other photographers arround?

Just curious, I've got a Mamiya RZ67 proII on the way, kinda excited:D :D :D

Noir 01-09-2004 10:50 PM

arondale is very talented.

GreenMarine 01-09-2004 11:06 PM

According to Porter I am the "Fruitiest Marine ever" Because I love taking photo's and am very good at it!!! Infact, in nearly every picture of me at the dragon I had about 2 or 3 cameras in my posession (taking pictures for other people).. :D:D:D I took Porter's comment as a compliment though.. :p:p

Mr. Pockets 01-10-2004 11:38 AM

Re: Any other photographers arround?

Quote:

Originally posted by NapaBavarian
Just curious, I've got a Mamiya RZ67 proII on the way, kinda excited:D :D :D
That's a cool camera, man. Someday I'd like to get a medium-format camera to play with. I haven't used one in years.

I really dug the photography classes I took in school, so I stuck with it a little. I play with my SLR a lot and I've learned some things over the years.

I have a few photos in my locker under 'autofest' I kinda like, I took them over two years ago, so now I look at them and see things I'd do differently, of course.

They were done late at night under red neon with 10-30sec exposures.

NapaBavarian 01-11-2004 09:09 PM

Re: Re: Any other photographers arround?

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

That's a cool camera, man. Someday I'd like to get a medium-format camera to play with. I haven't used one in years.

I really dug the photography classes I took in school, so I stuck with it a little. I play with my SLR a lot and I've learned some things over the years.

I have a few photos in my locker under 'autofest' I kinda like, I took them over two years ago, so now I look at them and see things I'd do differently, of course.

They were done late at night under red neon with 10-30sec exposures.

I got a good deal on mine, someone hit my VW and I used the money to but a new van and a $2500 camera:D :D :D all the while complaining to the insurance guy he wasn't giving me enough... I dig the night shots, it's one of my favorite techniques, once I shot a roll with a tripod, open the shuter and drive around with the parking lights on, I got some slick shots. I finally decided to go back to school and major in photography, got tired of WORKING for a living:mad: so now I'll try to make my money shooting things!

Mr. Pockets 01-12-2004 09:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Any other photographers arround?

Quote:

I finally decided to go back to school and major in photography, got tired of WORKING for a living:mad: so now I'll try to make my money shooting things!
That's cool. Very little is more important to me than doing something I love - and I find a creative job very rewarding. I hope it works out for you. What do you want to shoot, in particular?

NapaBavarian 01-12-2004 11:26 PM

I'd like to do landscapes and wildlife, I hate working indoors and can't stand a 9-5 job, I figure I'd better start producing with these new expences:D but I'd like to pay someone else to do the printing... although I'll do it for quite a while, probably forever!

Mr. Pockets 01-13-2004 09:28 AM

Quote:

I'd like to do landscapes and wildlife, I hate working indoors and can't stand a 9-5 job, I figure I'd better start producing with these new expences:D but I'd like to pay someone else to do the printing... although I'll do it for quite a while, probably forever!
That sounds awesome, but it also sounds like a tough gig to get...

NapaBavarian 01-16-2004 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

That sounds awesome, but it also sounds like a tough gig to get...

If it were easy then what would be the point, I believe any of us who would like to take the easy way out would drive a toyota and change the oil every 5000 miles untill it dies at 375,000miles, that's when my boss had to replave the FIRST engine in his toyota, instead we drive SVX's and change the traney every 5000 miles:D, anyway, I just got another $265 in cammera parts, that's 1 used 220 film back :) :( so I'd better start selling some prints!

Mr. Pockets 01-16-2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

If it were easy then what would be the point

Oh, I know. Trust me, I'm familiar with jobs that are hard to get. ;)