The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   0-60 1/4 mile (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13344)

elem3nt85 09-22-2003 05:30 PM

0-60 1/4 mile

Wondering waht teh 0-60 and the 1/4 mile time is.

cxt2001 09-22-2003 05:50 PM

times...

SLOW and SLOW

Subafreak 09-22-2003 07:00 PM

Faster than a Hummer.

wawazat?? 09-22-2003 07:01 PM

Look in my locker for articles..

or below

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?wawazat??|1170

Look in the folder labeled, oddly enough, SVX articles.

Hope it helps. Of course, these times were when new and running well.

Todd

Bwana 09-22-2003 08:44 PM

I ran a 15.7 1/4 mile with only a drop-in K&N filter.

I'll have to get back there some time w/ my exhaust and stuff.

petesvx2 09-22-2003 10:01 PM

sooner or later some "old guy" is gonna chime in with the classic...its a GT not a drag racer...and the "old guy" is right :rolleyes: :D

Chicane 09-22-2003 10:01 PM

quit wasting bandwidth and check out this amazing way to find out almost anything SVX related by clicking on this text!

Chris 09-23-2003 05:08 AM

Many factors exist in car 1/4 mile times. Such major factors include weight when tested (ie empty car+driver+fuel weight), air temp, air density (or corrected altitude), barometric pressure, and humidity. Although I am no expert, I am fairly sure no one here has more experience racing an SVX than I. Completing my 4th season; I have acquired quite a bit of technical data related to racing the SVX. I can post you some of my times, but they will vary from yours up to half a second depending upon conditions. A prime example would be two runs made at two tracks within two days of each other. The first track was the former SIR (or Seattle International Raceway or now Pacific Raceways). This track is near sea level and I can pull a 15.7 in the quarter at 89 miles per hour. Two days later at Firebird Raceway here in Idaho I pull a 16.28 at 85 miles per hour. No mechanical differences, same vendor gas and about half a tank both trials. Some of you might be thinking "woa, thats some spread!" But in reality, its just air. Let me note that the gasoline DOES make a difference. After literally hundreds of trips down the lanes, I have found “Shell” gives me not only the most consistent and fastest times (in the 91 octane rating), but also the best mileage. For some reason, Texaco and Chevron do not like my car. Alternative 10 percent ethanol mixed fuels run fine, but consistency and mileage are both poor. I have also found that with the adaptive code in our ECU, if you run a higher-octane fuel (use a no-lead, your cats and 02 sensor will thank you) you can achieve SLIGHTLY faster quarter miles times. NOTE: this fuel is NOT cheap and you must clear the brains of your computer before running it and then run for a good number of miles on it to allow the computer to adapt the timing curve. The problem here is that this type of fuel runs $3.89-$4.49 a gallon depending upon where you live. VP race fuels is the vendor I like to use. Octane boosters WILL NOT raise the octane levels their advertised amounts, PERIOD. Want high octane, buy race gas or mix toluene. If anyone is REALLY interested in octane and SVX performance, post your inquiries, I will answer them separately. Now that I have slipped off topic, look for 15.6 – 16.5 quarter mile times. In short, I agree with the majority of the people here. The SVX is not a “speedy” quarter mile racer. That DOES NOT MEAN ITS NOT SUITED FOR ¼ MILE BRACKET! I have too many trophies to stop now. But, in reality, if you are looking for an economical racer, get a first generation DSM (Diamond Star Motors aka Eagle Talon, Dodge/Plymouth Laser, or Mitsubishi Eclipse). They will provide a ton of fun and there is a plethora of aftermarket speed parts available. Anything for the SVX will be custom and expensive. If you are a fine tweaker and need to know if your mods are doing any good, I suggest a G-meter from one of the following vendors.
http://tazzo.com/tazzo/tazmnt.HTM or
http://www.gtechpro.com/
I personally use the Tazzo Motorsports one and enjoy its ease of use and excellent customer service. And if any of you DSM owners out there want parts or advice from a tried and tested DSM race engineer, I suggest you speak with Quinn Whipple.
http://www.crco.com

(Thinking about writing a race how-to, but don’t want to give away my many years of hard work and secrets)

svx_commuter 09-23-2003 08:10 AM

Hey Chris that's pretty cool, :cool: racing your SVX with 172k miles.

Phast SVX 09-23-2003 11:30 AM

I managed a 14.7@95 with a 70 shot of nitrous with my 92 mt. MY clutched is fried(no big suprise) and my 60fts were in the 2.3s range, so im thinking with my new 6 puck and hd pressure plate i should be well deeper into the 14's. That is if i dont blow my engine(178k :) )
phil
p.s. when i say slipping i really mean slipping. It flares upon nitrous engagement and between shifts at the track.

GreenMarine 09-24-2003 07:30 AM

Hey Phast, look at Exedy Clutches for the WRX... They are pretty cool and I have heard lots of good things about them so that's probably what I'm gonna do after my clutch goes out...

Phast SVX 09-24-2003 08:04 AM

exedy clutches are a stock aftermarket producer of clutchs(if that mkes sense, they dont put clutches into the cars from the factory, but they are the # replacement) for not only subaru but many hondas. They are one chime over stock for a 2.5 litre suby, and we need way more then that. I need something that will hold over 300ftlbs(190%-200% over stock)... ACT is 187 :( that is why it wasnt enough...oh well back to the drawing board. Im looking at a clutchmasters kit right now, trying to get the final tq numbers but its looking like my best option. Ill let you all know
phil

GreenMarine 09-24-2003 11:52 AM

Dude did you ever see that post that I posted about the guy that can make clutches in Acheville???? I bet that he can make ya one that will hold well over 300% over stock!!!! It's all about driveability though... How streetable do ya want it to be??? If ya want his number just PM me so it will give me time to get it for ya.. cool?? Talk to ya later if ya're interested!!!

Subafreak 09-24-2003 06:27 PM

I'm pretty sure my ATC clutch was rated for 300 or 350ft.lbs. At it holds great. Is that the best clutch they said they made for it?

Landshark 09-24-2003 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
sooner or later some "old guy" is gonna chime in with the classic...its a GT not a drag racer...and the "old guy" is right :rolleyes: :D
i ain't that old! so.........get some drag slicks, tear out the leather seats and put in some Sparco's, install a roll cage, get some side-pipes, and put a parachute on the back! woo hoo! :D