The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   interchangeable fyi (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62497)

Gamesy 01-31-2014 02:49 PM

interchangeable fyi

since i double checked it for a guy on the FB group i might as well pipe up here.
i think it was mentioned before but the sunroof for the svx is the same as a gc8's

SilverSpear 02-01-2014 05:50 PM

Re: interchangeable fyi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 731659)
since i double checked it for a guy on the FB group i might as well pipe up here.
i think it was mentioned before but the sunroof for the svx is the same as a gc8's

Thanks, needed this info. My sunroof sliding panel seems to be developing bits of rust bubbles. Since I need to remove it for treatment, I will need to replace few worn out bits on the inside.

May as well check if the GC8 glass panel can fit instead of our metal ones.

Jvan 02-10-2014 12:33 PM

Although I don't have a problem with either sunroof, It would be nice to know in advance that the glass panel fits. Please let us know what you find out.

Hondasucks 02-21-2014 06:58 PM

I read somewhere that the glass panel does indeed fit, however you have to get a JDM one as the USDM one is the wrong size.

SilverSpear 02-22-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 732240)
I read somewhere that the glass panel does indeed fit, however you have to get a JDM one as the USDM one is the wrong size.

Awesome, most of the parts are JDM over here.

Jvan 02-22-2014 08:38 AM

You mean from a JDM gc8 not a JDM SVX. How about gc8's in other nonUSDM?

SilverSpear 02-22-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvan (Post 732257)
You mean from a JDM gc8 not a JDM SVX. How about gc8's in other nonUSDM?

What do you mean?

Jvan 02-22-2014 07:16 PM

I was addressing HONDASUCKS's post that said that," the glass roof panel had to come from a JDM car because USDM panels didn't fit". I wanted clarify that he was referring to a JDM gc8 and not a JDM SVX. For all I know about JDM SVX'S they may have had a glass option. I also don't know about the availability of the gc8 in countries other than Japan/US.

Hondasucks 03-03-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvan (Post 732266)
I was addressing HONDASUCKS's post that said that," the glass roof panel had to come from a JDM car because USDM panels didn't fit". I wanted clarify that he was referring to a JDM gc8 and not a JDM SVX. For all I know about JDM SVX'S they may have had a glass option. I also don't know about the availability of the gc8 in countries other than Japan/US.

Yes, the JDM GC Impreza glass sunroof is the same size as the SVX's metal one. There were not that many differences between the JDM SVX and the USDM, a few extra options, different lights, different climate control, 4 wheel steering, different all wheel drive system if my memory serves me correctly.

Conn SVX 03-03-2014 07:58 PM

So U R saying we could put a glass sun roof in the SVX. Would that be very difficult or impossible?

SilverSpear 03-04-2014 11:43 AM

Yeah but remember, you will not have privacy anymore with a moonroof which has no cover on the inside.

Sean486 03-04-2014 12:41 PM

What's a GC8?

Chucksta 03-04-2014 03:26 PM

Re: Silverspear

Thanks for reminding me that I'm getting old.. I hadn't even realized that I haven't "christened" my SVX.... yet! lol..:lol:

SilverSpear 06-19-2014 12:58 AM

It is almost confirmed, JDM <2001 Subaru Impreza moonroofs fit the SVX. Just met a friend who has a 99 Subaru Impreza GT Turbo, took measurements of the hatch and they match perfectly.

Conn SVX 06-19-2014 05:26 AM

How do we get our hands on a glass panel. Mine is faded. It would cost almost as much to paint the entire roof as to replace it with glass. How hard is it to do?