The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Randy i, bet you want one just like it! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2720)

svxeno 02-08-2002 07:33 PM

Randy i, bet you want one just like it!

Found on the other site. Description of a sighting. haha...

<<In Los Angeles -

Repainted fluorescent green, with blackout windows, a broad white "SUBARU" banner on the windshield, and pinstriping gone mad. Stickers on the windshields touting various speed components. Aluminum wing from a B-29, deck-mounted on a complex strut assembly. Tiny shiny wheels each stuck out more than 6" past the fenders. And the car was lowered so far there were no springs left - it was constantly rocking as it rolled down the highway. Finally, the standard oval exhaust tips were replaced with coffee cans.

And it was being driven by a female...

Amazing!>>

Randy (This may cause heart failure) ii:D :D :D :D

LarryIII 02-08-2002 07:48 PM

Re: Randy i, bet you want one just like it!

Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno

<<In Los Angeles -

Repainted fluorescent green, with blackout windows, a broad white "SUBARU" banner on the windshield, and pinstriping gone mad. Stickers on the windshields touting various speed components. Aluminum wing from a B-29, deck-mounted on a complex strut assembly. Tiny shiny wheels each stuck out more than 6" past the fenders. And the car was lowered so far there were no springs left - it was constantly rocking as it rolled down the highway. Finally, the standard oval exhaust tips were replaced with coffee cans.

Amazing!>>

I hope you gave her an SVX Network calling card!!

Larry (Fluorescent green with envy and with blacked out front teeth)iii

Aredubjay 02-08-2002 09:52 PM

AAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! GGGGAAAAAGGGGGG!!!! *Grabs throat in choking motion, spins, eyes rolling back in head, gasps, freezes for a split second, then . . .* THUD!!

vkykam 02-08-2002 09:58 PM

Uh, was that Randy dropping to the floor, or was that the taters that dropped to the floor? :D :D :D

VK

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
AAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! GGGGAAAAAGGGGGG!!!! *Grabs throat in choking motion, spins, eyes rolling back in head, gasps, freezes for a split second, then . . .* THUD!!

SSSVX 02-10-2002 01:35 AM

Re: Randy i, bet you want one just like it!

Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno
<<In Los Angeles -

Amazing!>>

:D LOL- Pictures????!!!!
Randy2, how are you doing after 100k? how's yahoo doing? :D

svxeno 02-10-2002 09:48 AM

Re: Re: Randy i, bet you want one just like it!

Quote:

Originally posted by SSSVX

:D LOL- Pictures????!!!!
Randy2, how are you doing after 100k? how's yahoo doing? :D

SS,

Yahoo is fine. Both are great resources.

The car is doing "ok". It's going for a tranny rebuild next week. $2650 incl tax for complete rebuild & updates, tranny cooler, and some shift modifications. (Someone is going to ask what these mods are, I don't know the details yet) I wanted tighter shifting and less smoothness.

The shop is run buy a good friends son-in-law. His builder worked for someone who also had an SVX. He says he's done 2 rebuilds for them. 2 yr/24 mi warranty. Plus I have the shop managers home phone number, hehe. He told me "I wouldn't have you bring it here if I did not have the utmost confidence in my builder". He said this after I told him about all of the nightmare posts.

I just did the O-ring replacement. All went well except I have found that the low side hose is no longer rubber. It's more like semi-soft plastic. That'll be in a few weeks. I haven't driven it yet to see if the "groan" is gone now.

The stereo will be in the next phase next weekend. (3 day weekend) New speaker wire, amps & sub. If I get it done this will complete the project.

More than you asked for? Everything else is fine. Just some minor items, window scratching and the like. I figure I'll be done cleaning it up in about 2 or 3 more

decades!!!!!!!!

Randy (Never Ending Story, of repairs) ii