The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Front (+ Back) SEAT SKINS (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57040)

James Scott 04-12-2011 01:33 PM

Front (+ Back) SEAT SKINS

What are my options for new seat covers (skins) ?? Online shows $170 + $218 for my one driver seat! Get a GrIp! :eek:

ARe there good replacements that look good with a stock Laguna Blue .. with Gray Cloth/Vinyl .. interior? :confused:

Used skins available here??? :confused:

Please let me know.. .

Thanks, Jim :D

svxcess 04-12-2011 01:52 PM

Re: Front (+ Back) SEAT SKINS

Check with Dayle at planetsvx

He has many leather kits available including the standard gray

http://svx-motorsport-accessories.st...oeleather.html

James Scott 04-12-2011 07:19 PM

I dont know if I shud invest in ~ $900 worth of leather seat skins.. since my SVX has 216K miles! :eek:

What's an average life of the first engine.. ? Maybe I've already surpassed that .. ?? When are the SVX's usually "done".. ? :confused:

Thanks, Jim

P.S. What will the average upholstery shop charge to install this $900 skin kit?

P.P.S. Do these skins fit my split rear (fold down) configuration? [1995 L AWD]

Freeman 04-12-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Scott (Post 673784)
I dont know if I shud invest in ~ $900 worth of leather seat skins.. since my SVX has 216K miles! :eek:

What's an average life of the first engine.. ? Maybe I've already surpassed that .. ?? When are the SVX's usually "done".. ? :confused:

Thanks, Jim

P.S. What will the average upholstery shop charge to install this $900 skin kit?

P.P.S. Do these skins fit my split rear (fold down) configuration? [1995 L AWD]

Dude, never..

If your engine breaks, get a new engine.

svxcess 04-12-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 673791)
Dude, never..

I've seen SVX engines running well over 300,000 miles. The engine in my 96 Polo gave out at 120,000 miles, which was extremely rare.

I never thought for a split-second about it-- Got a totally remanufactured longblock (close to 4K) and never looked back. The best money I could have spent.

Crazy_pilot 04-12-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 673791)
Dude, never..

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 673799)
I've seen SVX engines running well over 300,000 miles. The engine in my 96 Polo gave out at 120,000 miles, which was extremely rare.

I never thought for a split-second about it-- Got a totally remanufactured longblock (close to 4K) and never looked back. The best money I could have spent.

What they said. My engine just kicked the bucket at 138,410 miles. My goal is to have an engine swapped into her in a couple months (just getting out of school, job and location pending), and then back on the road. The only thing that even briefly made me consider parting with my car is that I have to transport it back home somehow (1000 mile trip), which is going to cost me ~$1200.

laserx 04-13-2011 08:55 AM

I bought beautiful new skins for my old 92, it's now in my sons hands and still being enjoyed. I bought them from Dayle, it cost me $650.00 to have them installed. For pic's go to "old lockers" in the upper right of the page, then go to laserx and click on "new interior".
I also happen to have the old skins from this car, they are gray and in good condition, no tears, but some ware. I was just thinking I should through these out as they have sat in a box for a few years. If you want them, PM me and you can have them for the cost of shipping from Canada to ??

James Scott 04-14-2011 07:13 PM

So.... It wud cost me $800 to $1000 for the new leather skins.. and about $650 to have them installed??? :confused: :eek: :cool: :barf:

1) How many miles on your set of grays (cloth/vinyl.. right?).. ? 2) Wud U sell just the driver seat back skin.. ? or.. 3) How much for all yours (Less shipping to CA).. ???

Thanks, Jim :D

laserx 04-15-2011 09:05 AM

Jim, you can have them for FREE, just pay the shipping. To get a cost I have to bring them to work and have my shipping department get me a price. They are from my old 92, they are gray vinyl/leather. I have not looked in the box since I put them in storage in the garage. I really can't remember how many miles I put on them before getting the customs set from Dayle. If I have the chance this weekend I'll take them down from storage and take a few pic's. FYI, I'm leaving the country next Wed till the end of the month.

Mike621 04-15-2011 09:10 AM

I have the front 2 seatbacks/ skins for a gray interior L model in good shape. They should be free of any tears. I will get photos. Figure $50 for the pair?

I would need to check on shipping, as I'm unsure what that could cost.

James Scott 04-15-2011 04:15 PM

Mine are cloth with vinyl outer trim.. gray.. right? I'd like to do the leather redo.. BUT I don't have $1400+ lying around (My wife wud kill me!). Of course, I'm the macho head of my household! BUUUUUUT!... .. . :eek:

THANKS GUYS.. LeMmE KnOw!

ThAnKs, Jim :D

P.S. My stock colors are Laguna Blue w/ Gray cloth interior..