The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Caravan From Albany (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49181)

paladinwkh 02-19-2009 07:10 PM

Caravan From Albany

I was wondering if anyone is going to be coming through Albany? My route will be from Albany, down the thruway, a quick pit stop in CT if I don't have My SVX(s) with me :rolleyes:, I 84 crossing into PA, then down into Reading. I prefer the scenic route. I am trying to convince two SVX owners from my dealership to come along.

Hondasucks 02-19-2009 09:26 PM

Re: Caravan From Albany

When I saw this I was like w00t! Local SVXers! Then I looked at the thread and realized it was referring to Albany, NY and not Albany, OR lol. (Although the brothers who founded Albany, OR were from Albany, NY and named the town after their hometown :D)

TheKoP 02-19-2009 10:37 PM

I'm leaving from CT, though I'm coming out of central CT. Could meet up with you on 95 somewhere.

dennyo 02-20-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 588259)
When I saw this I was like w00t! Local SVXers! Then I looked at the thread and realized it was referring to Albany, NY and not Albany, OR lol. (Although the brothers who founded Albany, OR were from Albany, NY and named the town after their hometown :D)

those brothers were wise to get as far away from that city as possible.

SuberNatural 02-20-2009 01:36 PM

If I decide to go, I could meet up with you. I have family in Colonie, NY. I live in Rochester.

I'll let you know as the days wind down.

paladinwkh 02-20-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuberNatural (Post 588335)
If I decide to go, I could meet up with you. I have family in Colonie, NY. I live in Rochester.

I'll let you know as the days wind down.

That would be great and if you ever need any parts let me know I work at Goldstein Subaru. As it stands at the moment I am bringing both of my tealys as long as I can get the second on moving. :rolleyes:

SuberNatural 02-20-2009 08:56 PM

Ah! That's right! I talked to you about my windshield. LOL I'm still getting the shaft on that lol.

paladinwkh 02-21-2009 05:13 AM

Now what are they saying about the windshield?

boipeba 02-21-2009 07:01 AM

Hey, sounds good. I'll becoming from Rutland VT, so meeting up is ideal. Lets keeping on talking about this and we'll make it happen. What day are you leaving? I'm taking Friday off so meeting Friday morning early is good. Do you know a central spot or exit to meet at?

boi

SuberNatural 02-21-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paladinwkh (Post 588415)
Now what are they saying about the windshield?

Eh, they just pretend like it never happened. Its in the hands of the claims adjuster at my ins. company now. I tried to play nice and they just didn't care :( I guess that's what happens when they are damn near the only dealer in the area that is just subaru.

paladinwkh 02-22-2009 06:44 PM

My route Leaving Thursday Morning looks like this. The only detour would be a stop in New Milford CT to get my second SVX if I don't have it. Any takers, we can meet at a place in Albany before the trek! I used Middletown as a waypoint so Mapquest would take us through the scenic route of PA. This is the way I went down to my first Reading :D

sicksubie 02-23-2009 06:37 AM

I will be hitting 84 here in MA and taking it down....

siceclipse 03-08-2009 05:13 PM

hmmmm interesting...
caravan?

paladinwkh 03-17-2009 06:56 PM

It looks like I may not be brining an SVX with me to Reading :rolleyes: The original is in WV with tranny issues, Svxfiles should hopefully get her ready in time. My second SVX needs to be repaired between now and then. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

SuberNatural 03-17-2009 07:06 PM

GL, hope you get everything fixed up! I need to do VC gaskets in a bad way lol