The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buying my second SVX! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39891)

wannarace928 07-22-2007 01:09 PM

Buying my second SVX!

I am so excited, I am purchasing Bwana's claret. :) :) :D I fly to Chicago tomorrow at 11am, and will be driving home (to ohio) in my second SVX!!

svxfiles 07-22-2007 02:08 PM

Congratulations!:D

benebob 07-22-2007 04:02 PM

What is that a 15 minute flight? Congrats!

wannarace928 07-22-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
Congratulations!:D

Thank you!
I have always liked the Clarets. Almost bought one the last time around, but the teal was closer....
Now to find an Ebony one with tan interior...
:D
(I'd end up in the doghouse if I brought home and Ebony also.:D )

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
What is that a 15 minute flight? Congrats!

Its a 1 hour and 5 minute flight. But will probably feel like the longest 1 hour in my life. :D :o

benebob 07-22-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannarace928
Thank you!
I have always liked the Clarets. Almost bought one the last time around, but the teal was closer....
Now to find an Ebony one with tan interior...
:D
(I'd end up in the doghouse if I brought home and Ebony also.:D )

Its a 1 hour and 5 minute flight. But will probably feel like the longest 1 hour in my life. :D :o

An hour and 5 minutes? I flew from Charlotte to Philly in 35! What are you flying Wright Bros. Airways:D

wannarace928 07-22-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
An hour and 5 minutes? I flew from Charlotte to Philly in 35! What are you flying Wright Bros. Airways:D

lmao!:D :D :D
SouthWest, close enough.:D ;)

TomsSVX 07-22-2007 05:18 PM

good lcuk!! that claret looks flawless!!

Tom

redsvx 07-22-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARED 97
Yes, it is a very contagious strain of the ENSTEELE type, and obviously widespread through out the U.S.A.!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsvx
ahhh ... that explains it then .... the 92 I just bought is originally from Oregon and was imported into Canada

Oh, no!!! It's taken over all of North America!!!

ensteele 07-23-2007 12:16 AM

It is spreading like wild fire. :eek: :rolleyes: :) :)

Sid E. Ryner 07-23-2007 03:27 PM

Congrats,
Yes, I would like to get my 2nd SVX when I get my house.:D
Burgandy color one '96 or 97 model.:D

JaySVX 07-23-2007 03:29 PM

Congrats on the purchase! Looks like another one came down with Earl syndrome...

wannarace928 07-23-2007 07:48 PM

Well I drove her home today, she made the trip beautifully. The body is almost perfect on this car and very well taken care of. She has a couple "small" things that need fixed (brakes, & a creaking noise), but other wise, an excellent car! I love it!:D

Bwana 07-23-2007 09:18 PM

Glad you got home alright. Have fun!

We're all sad that we're SVXless here now though. :o :(

wannarace928 07-24-2007 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Glad you got home alright. Have fun!

We're all sad that we're SVXless here now though. :o :(

I am definately having fun with the car, I just love it. Thank you for taking such good care of it. I plan on making sure she is extremely well cared for. Starting with all the little things that need replaced.
There is a HUGE difference between it and my teal, I never thought 2 cars made the same year could run so differently.:confused:
I took it in to have it looked at, the creaking noise is the front shocks need replaced, it also needs a tie rod and a ball joint replaced. Those things should all be fixed monday or as soon as subaru get the parts in.
I am also considering having the A/C retro fitted to the 134a system.
And putting slotted/drilled rotors on it with ceramic pads. <-- not fully sure on what to get though, anyone have any suggestions?

benebob 07-24-2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannarace928
I am definately having fun with the car, I just love it. Thank you for taking such good care of it. I plan on making sure she is extremely well cared for. Starting with all the little things that need replaced.
There is a HUGE difference between it and my teal, I never thought 2 cars made the same year could run so differently.:confused:
I took it in to have it looked at, the creaking noise is the front shocks need replaced, it also needs a tie rod and a ball joint replaced. Those things should all be fixed monday or as soon as subaru get the parts in.
I am also considering having the A/C retro fitted to the 134a system.
And putting slotted/drilled rotors on it with ceramic pads. <-- not fully sure on what to get though, anyone have any suggestions?

Check out Freeze 12. Its bigger molicules like R12 (so it will cool better) but "safe" like 134a and compatable with both.