The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I love my SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39042)

wannarace928 05-20-2007 07:01 PM

I love my SVX

Today I had a major scare in my SVX and it made me realize how much i really do love this car.
I had driven my car today, first time in several days, down to a gas station a couple miles from home. I go to leave the gas station and there is a car in front of me in the Right hand turning lane. I sit and wait on this person for a minute, and all of a sudden they slam on the gas and reverse right into the front of my car. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Luckily, there is NO damage at all. Slight dent in the person's car who slammed into mine.
It was a deaf woman who said she had her car in park to check her navagation system, she was lost and then she got into a hurry and didnt realize it was in reverse instead of drive. :eek: :mad:
Even after all this car has put me through with breaking down, she is now almost fixed, even with working trunk struts!! I LOVE THIS CAR!!

Budfreak 05-20-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannarace928
Today I had a major scare in my SVX and it made me realize how much i really do love this car.
I had driven my car today, first time in several days, down to a gas station a couple miles from home. I go to leave the gas station and there is a car in front of me in the Right hand turning lane. I sit and wait on this person for a minute, and all of a sudden they slam on the gas and reverse right into the front of my car. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Luckily, there is NO damage at all. Slight dent in the person's car who slammed into mine.
It was a deaf woman who said she had her car in park to check her navagation system, she was lost and then she got into a hurry and didnt realize it was in reverse instead of drive. :eek: :mad:
Even after all this car has put me through with breaking down, she is now almost fixed, even with working trunk struts!! I LOVE THIS CAR!!

Wow, You mean nothing new for me to fix?!:eek: Glad to hear it was minor and nobody was hurt.:) Give me a call, I'm too busy to stop and pick up a phone and dial it too.:rolleyes::D

SSSVX 05-20-2007 10:54 PM

ohhhhh not try to be sex-bias or what.....! :)

but some(yes some not all) women's drivings made unbelievable mistakes...

check out these two links: :)

1. benz driver :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3BRKfYPOD4

2. excellent stick-shift driver :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGD-lRbS0U

PS: this one is funny but not her fault :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAaRk...elated&search=

:)

92svx95 05-21-2007 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannarace928

I hope you and the "wreckless lost driver were ok", I had a similiar incident at a quiznos restuarant. Long story short i collected 1400$ from insurance from a dinged up hood passenger fender and corner light.. I hope your SVX recovers from this incident.

wannarace928 05-21-2007 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92svx95
I hope you and the "wreckless lost driver were ok", I had a similiar incident at a quiznos restuarant. Long story short i collected 1400$ from insurance from a dinged up hood passenger fender and corner light.. I hope your SVX recovers from this incident.

I am just fine. My back hurts a tiny bit but I have been cleaning out the basement :eek: and that probably accounts for that. The driver of the other car said she was fine. It wasnt too hard of an impact. I am just very very glad it didnt do any damage to my car. Or I may have gone into a deep depression and never came out. :D :D

SSSVX: The link for the "excellent stick-shift driver" was incredible. What happened in that video, was the last thing I was expecting. I had to watch it twice because I couldnt believe they actually flipped it over the first time.:D

For the record, I am a woman driver. And I love driving a stick shift, but my very first time driving one was not so fun. :o
I had a 1990 Legacy wagon, I ended up loving the car and bought another newer one later on, but the first time driving it I over heated it from stalling it so many times. And we lived at the top of a mountain in the catskills (NY) at the time and I tried to go up a very steep hill at the bottom of the mountain in 3ed gear from almost a stop.... the engine sounded like it was going to jump out of the car, and it smelled really bad for a few minutes, but made it. Those are the only 2 big mistakes I can remember ever doing. :eek: :o

I have since then become an expert driver of a 5spd and even bought a 5spd f150 a couple days ago, my husband thinks its his but its really mine now.:D

msvx95 05-21-2007 10:13 AM

Why can't people pull over into a parking lot to check their navigation systems, etc?....:mad:

SSSVX 05-21-2007 12:40 PM

thanks for sharing some of your past stupid mistakes! i can't believe how suffered your car was to climb a steep hill with 3rd gear...that was quite stupid :p :p

i also don't know you're a woman driver...:D ...glad you don't get offended and you and the other stupid driver are okay from the accident. :p

there're also some women drivers are excellent drivers. they drive alot better than a lot of men too. sabine, she's one of the fastest female drivers in the world, she must be really good and can't afford to make big mistakes on her speed...:cool: