The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Looking for Mechanic in Charlotte, NC area... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48688)

clarkerussell 01-19-2009 10:39 PM

Looking for Mechanic in Charlotte, NC area...

Hello all,

I need a mechanic in the Charlotte, NC area to do a timing belt and cam seal job. Can someone please recommend someone for me? Thanks.

Clarke

92svx95 01-20-2009 09:35 AM

Re: Looking for Mechanic in Charlotte, NC area...

Get ahold of Jason @ budfreak1@aol.com or svxrepairs@aol.com. He is willing to travel.

benebob 01-20-2009 09:38 AM

Take a trip or contact SVXfiles. He is a real certified, insured mechanic that will stop at nothing to ensure you're satisfied all at a reasonable price. Unless Subaru of Concord (me thinks that's the dealer name as 15 years it gets a little fuzzy) has drastically changed I wouldn't trust them to do an oil change!;)

Wikedjuggalo 01-20-2009 09:53 AM

I suggest SVXfiles. He is not so willing to travel (:D after that emergancy on day 900 mile round trip transmission swap) j/k if there is a need he will do it . But if you were closer I'd help you do the timing belt. Cam seals are a different story havent don't them myself. its worth the trip to visit him

TomsSVX 01-20-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 583025)
I suggest SVXfiles. He is not so willing to travel (:D after that emergancy on day 900 mile round trip transmission swap) j/k if there is a need he will do it . But if you were closer I'd help you do the timing belt. Cam seals are a different story havent don't them myself. its worth the trip to visit him

+1 for svxfiles...

Tom

clarkerussell 01-20-2009 09:24 PM

Would be very nice to take it to SVXfiles, but unfortunately he is 460 miles away...

I do have a crap ton of work that needs to be done (everything in the front of the engine, the valve cover gaskets, PROBABLY the rear main, etc) , but I don't know if it makes financial sense to send it up there.

Are there no independent's anywhere around here that would be up to the task? Whatever happened to the guy in Greenville, SC that ran "The Road" Show", or something like that? I don't remember his name off hand, but he used to be a Subaru Master Mechanic.

TomsSVX 01-20-2009 09:32 PM

If you have a large deal of work to be done, it would likely cost less to make the trip up there and see him. Might take the whole day to do it all... But still worth it when it comes to peace of mind and price

Tom