The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   guess what i found... and where.. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32151)

92SVXLS-LDC 03-17-2006 12:45 AM

guess what i found... and where..

you're right!!
... i found '92 owners video in my rear quarter panel... what the heck was it doin there?!?! i was checkin out my broken power antenna, and saw a black cassette case, i was amazed, and assumed the previous owner had forgotten 'bout some... tape he might of made, this might even be better though!! that guy had owned the car since new, so i figure this has been in there for 'bout 14 years... looks good though, i'm gonna try it out tomorrow... these things worth anything?!
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...-LDC/34435.jpg
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...-LDC/34436.jpg

Ricochet 03-17-2006 05:59 AM

Wow cool find man..

bwb3 03-17-2006 06:28 AM

Great find. I bet a lot of our viewers are going to be pulling out their trunk panels this weekend.

Sean486 03-17-2006 06:42 AM

Bet that would be worth something on Ebay.

Speedklix 03-17-2006 07:08 AM

Cool. I've never seen one. I have the dealer training videos somewhere in my basement, but never heard of an owners video for it. Do you have a vhs player? :D I can't even remember seeing vhs in the rental store last time I went in.

When I finally got sick of listening to change bounce around in the tray under the passanger seat I found a bunch of mp3s on cds in there. Some were pretty good.

newsvx 03-17-2006 07:33 AM

I was very fortunate some years ago to find a couple of "training" videos at a dealer in Herndon, VA. I asked what they were planning to do with them, and they said I could just "have them!! I couldn't believe it, but I took them up on their offer. One was pretty neat, comparing the Mitz 3000 GT FWD with the SVX. Obviously the SVX was the better car, hands down! :D

I would hang on to any of these things you find and maybe transfer them to DVD for keeping. Don't sell it on E-Bay! You'll regret it!

Harry

Speedklix 03-17-2006 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsvx
I would hang on to any of these things you find and maybe transfer them to DVD for keeping. Don't sell it on E-Bay! You'll regret it!

Harry

Yeah, I'm not going to go giving mine up either. Don't ebay em.

SVXPlanes 03-17-2006 01:08 PM

Pretty cool!
Yup, those vids came with all '92's. I still have mine around somewhere. I starts and ends with a montage of '92's of various colors, but most of the vid is a not-too-bad-looking young lady demonstrating the various features of a perlie '92, with a male narrator voice-over.

Hocrest 03-17-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedklix
Yeah, I'm not going to go giving mine up either. Don't ebay em.

One of our board members sells a DVD with both of these videos and 2 or 3 others that haven't been mentioned yet in this thread.

I think he was selling them for $20 ???, Well worth it if you ask me :D:D:D

R. Augur 03-17-2006 06:37 PM

Hey- I just looked in my QP and there was a video, a seat warmer module and an embroidered SVX leather Jacket.

Then I woke up!:D

Seriously though, I have one of the DVD's from ebay, it has the salesman intro video, the new owner intro, the pre-sale tech walk thru and something else for the techs. It is a great DVD and makes me love the SVX more every time I watch it.

Good Score on the video.

Oh yeah- the SVX Vs. Mit 3000 GT is done a wet skidpad....guess who wins?

ensteele 03-17-2006 10:41 PM

I think I know!!! :D :D

svxcess 03-18-2006 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
One of our board members sells a DVD with both of these videos and 2 or 3 others that haven't been mentioned yet in this thread.

I think he was selling them for $20 ???, Well worth it if you ask me :D:D:D

His name is John Rowe (john 19688) and is the same one who did the SVX die cast models. I sent him my original Owner;s Information video so he could include it on his DVD. As he burns them from time to time, he purs them on ebay. The latest DVD has 6 sections:

The "Our New Look" Subaru video
The Owner's Information Video
The 1996 Sales Training Video
Technical Overview
Pre-Delivery Inspection
Zexel Climate Control

I don't have his email address, but try him at (919) 677-4144

It's Just Eric 03-18-2006 07:09 PM

Ya know...after ripping apart my entire interior, how come I never found anything like that? The coolest thing I found was an elephant air freshener.....

DreamingOfSpeed 03-18-2006 08:49 PM

My dad got me the dvd off ebay for Christmas and i have to say its a great video (outdated but great). I learned where all the doodads were and what all the odd buttons did. Very helpful and it makes me able to laugh at new owners with common new svx owner issues (steering wheel tilt, security system, ect...) It was 26 dollars but worth every penny. I dont know if anyone would buy it, i see a lot of original booklets and car dealership stuff sell on ebay so i assume it would sell.

My cars first owner accidentally forgot to put hers back in the car when she sold it but she threw it away after a few years. (she says she would watch it when she missed the car.)

It has some great shots of the car, makes you really see how pretty the svx is. (not that i didnt know she was pretty before)

intelisevil 03-19-2006 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
His name is John Rowe (john 19688) and is the same one who did the SVX die cast models. I sent him my original Owner;s Information video so he could include it on his DVD. As he burns them from time to time, he purs them on ebay. The latest DVD has 6 sections:

The "Our New Look" Subaru video
The Owner's Information Video
The 1996 Sales Training Video
Technical Overview
Pre-Delivery Inspection
Zexel Climate Control

I don't have his email address, but try him at (919) 677-4144

johnrowe@mac.com

I bought the DVD, I haven't had a chance to view it yet.

Maybe some quiet evening between ski season and whatever is next . . .