The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T Dog problems (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7176)

$VX 11-24-2002 04:04 PM

O/T Dog problems

My dog is dying guys (and girls). It really sucks. I apologize in advance if I'm not in the best mood for a few days. I think we're putting her down tomorrow.

>sigh<

I feel sick.

- Ca$h

immortal_suby 11-24-2002 04:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. It really sucks to lose a good friend. In times like that I usually find comfort in a Calvin and Hobbes book or a George Carlin video.

Green1995SVX 11-24-2002 04:48 PM

Ca$h-

My thoughts are with you and your doggie. I have two dogs, one of which suffered from complications related to a cancer treatment. I had to rush him to the pet hospital a number of times in the middle of the night because I thought he wasnt going to make it. He eventually recovered, but I remember how I felt through the whole ordeal.

Mike

Mr. Pockets 11-24-2002 04:56 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog, Rob. I've lived around all kinds of animals my entire like, but I know that losing a dog is always a big blow.

ensteele 11-24-2002 06:56 PM

I am very sorry to hear about your dog. I lost one of mine a little over a year ago. It is hard to loose a good friend like that. You are in my thoughts.

mattski 11-24-2002 07:08 PM

Ca$h, my thoughts are with you. We are dog lovers too. Before kids, we had four at one time. Two German Shepards, an English Sheep Dog and a mutt. The last two we rescued from shelters. When I had to put the first Shepard down, my wife was physically ill for three days. He was like our first child. It was the toughest thing I have ever done. I stayed with all of them throughout the ordeal because I couldn't just drop them off and say goodbye.

It takes a lot of courage to make that final decision for the benefit of the pet. It is hard to take that final step but the alternative is to prolong their suffering. You will be a better human being for putting her welfare first. If you can handle it, stay with her.

Matt

LarryIII 11-25-2002 04:57 AM

Ca$h.

Our hearts go out to you. We are sorry that you have to endure this.

CigarJohnny 11-25-2002 08:53 AM

Ca$h, my thoughts are with you. It devistated my when I had to put down my 4 year old cat due to cancer (and I hated cats until he came along). I have 2 dogs (dachshunds) that are 12 & 11 and have come close to putting down the 11 year old (my favorite) down several times and the 12 year old down once due to back problems Thankfully they were able to make miraculous recoveries and we avoided the bullet. I know the time will come when even a miracle won't help and we will have no choice but to arrange a dirt nap for them. I know that I will be a total wreck when that time comes and I can appreciate your pain.

God bless you and your dog.

Trevor 11-25-2002 05:56 PM

Ca$h,

Once in a while you post something that makes me think you are not the person you often project. You have now confirmed this as a fact.

I am sure your dog has had a wonderful life and you should rest on that.

As I have said before nice people like animals and animals like nice people.

hotshoe50 11-25-2002 06:17 PM

Sad thoughts for best friends

Hi Guys,

Just reading the replys from this diverse group lets you know that there are really good people around and a bunch of them are here.

I put my treasured Malamute down a few years ago and stayed with him until the last second and then some: its incredibly hard but those fellows are there for us every minute of their lives.

Have you ever noticed they never remember when we are angry and never stop being there.

Be strong, remember the good times

Hotshoe

ALsvx 11-25-2002 06:54 PM

Ca$h,

Sorry to hear about your friend... We had to to have our cat, Snoopy, put to sleep last year... It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

It's hard for people without pets to understand how close you can get.

Bill
Cole (Springer Spaniel)
Nugget (Jack Russell)

SHISVX 11-25-2002 07:36 PM

i have worked at a vet office for years now. i have seen may animals put down and it still kills me to have to see anyone have to say goodbye to one. i am sorry to hear about that :(

i almost lost one of my cats this morning. he got out on me, and i was downstairs doing homework. my step dad yells for me and i come running up. the cat was almost dead from hyperthermia from being in foot deep water that was on top of the pool cover. i did all i could for him and rushed him to work. i worked with him the whole time to bring his body temp back to were it is suppose to be. his body temp was like high 70's, it is suppose to be 101.5. it was really scarey, but we caught him in time, thankfully, now he is at the vet for observation. he should pull through with no problems, hopefully

Kelli

Aredubjay 11-25-2002 08:20 PM

Rob,
I'm sorry to hear about your dog.

I've never had to have one put down, but, living in the country, I've had to sit with quite a few as they drew their last breaths after being hit by cars. I'll keep you in mind tomorrow. We know it's tough. Know that you're not alone.

CopsodyX 11-25-2002 09:04 PM

I'm so sorry about all you're going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Jeez...I have 3 dogs and I don't know what I would do if anything happened to any of them...I don't think i'd be able to keep it together.

vzSvx 11-25-2002 09:31 PM

I'm sorry to hear this kind of news. I have 2 dogs, a pitbull and a chihuahua. They give me the most unconditional love and I don't know how could I take it if I lose one of them. My thoughts are with you.