The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DIRE SVXer EMERGENCY!! PLEASE HELP!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2640)

SVXtypeR 01-31-2002 10:14 AM

DIRE SVXer EMERGENCY!! PLEASE HELP!!!

I'm having a crisis...

As we all know, the 10th Anniversary meet will soon be upon us on the, 20th-22nd of July. As a dyed-in-the-wool SVX lover, I've been anticipating this "meet-of-meets" for the longest.

But there's a catch...

For you racing fans, especially those living in the DC/Metro area, I'm sure you've heard that the Inagural National Grand Prix will be held on a brand new track built in the old RFK stadium parking lot soon. This event marks the first time a race (Le Mans and now Trans-Am) will be run in our great city! Only thing is, THE RACE IS ON THE 19TH - THE 21ST OF JULY!!!!!
:mad: :eek:

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS CRAP!?!?!?

BOTH once-in-a-lifetime events taking place on SAME WEEKEND!!!!

now here's the delima, I have to decide Immediately which to attend!! I have "Preferred Patron" status so I have access to the tickest *before* the general public, so I need to decide *now* to avoid the rush on tickets!!!

I feel like Keaneau Reeves in "Speed".

"you've got a once-in-a-lifetime car meet where you can drive the brickyard, or you can go to the once-in-a-lifetime race held in the same parkinglot where you learned to drive. Waddya do?.... Waddya do?......."

What would *you* do????

Mr. Pockets 01-31-2002 10:24 AM

They're both once-in-a-lifetime events, sure. But it's the people at an SVX meet that make it worth the trip. Speaking from experience, I'd say stick with the meet.

Randy, by the way, promises a tech demo on proper tater placement. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will.

LarryIII 01-31-2002 10:35 AM

The heck with the 10th Anniv. Meet. I'm going to the National Grand Prix in DC. How do I get prefered patron status? How much and who gets the cash?

:D :D :D :D

Larry (bites tongue) iii

Aredubjay 01-31-2002 10:36 AM

I hate to state the obvious, but, (I'm so good at it :D) this ain't the right place to ask that kind of question. That is, unless there is some psychological need for justification and support to come to the SVX meet. So, consider your decision to come to the meet supported -- a no-brainer in my book.

PS, Taters go in front, yes, in front (I won't make that mistake again). :D:D:D

Ron Mummert 01-31-2002 02:14 PM

Will there be another grand prix event in D.C.? Will there be an SVX 20 year meet in Lafayette? (Sure, Me & Aredub).
No brainer. Ron.

Aredubjay 01-31-2002 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Will there be another grand prix event in D.C.? Will there be an SVX 20 year meet in Lafayette? (Sure, Me & Aredub).
No brainer. Ron.

I'll make sure they put me in a nursing home where the ambulances have trailer hitches. :D:D:D

LarryIII 01-31-2002 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Taters go in front, yes, in front (I won't make that mistake again). :D:D:D
Randy,

Ouch, I'll bet that smarts.

Larry III

Mr. Pockets 01-31-2002 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

Randy,

Larry III

Only when you sit down, and only if it's a relatively small tater.

Aredubjay 01-31-2002 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Only when you sit down, and only if it's a relatively small tater.

. . . at which point the tater ceases to be a tater and becomes a sep . . . sap . . . sepos . . . blockage. :D

Beav 01-31-2002 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

Randy,

Larry III

But probably not as bad as having a farrier remove your hemmorhoids. :eek:

Beav

Stevebsy 01-31-2002 03:47 PM

Hmmmm..

How about this evil plan?

Scalp the grand prix tickets to finance your trip to Lafayette and X35 project :D

Gather with others at Lafayette to watch the grand prix on TV.

1994SubaruSVX 02-01-2002 09:07 AM

ron's right.....

there will be only one 20th anniversary meet. you have got to attend! this is one of those once in a lifetime opportunities. you will never see this many svx's in one location for the rest of your life. you can always go see the gran prix next year. it is just a race. :rolleyes: