The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Shed a tear with me - Kermit's for sale. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35819)

wasions 10-25-2006 02:40 PM

Shed a tear with me - Kermit's for sale.

This car was My Classic Car dot coms 'Featured Car of the Month' in June or July of 2002 or 2003. That was a long time ago. <<sigh>>
Kermit now has 188xxx miles and has only once stranded us, and only for a very short time (rear transmission seal replaced in Steamboat Springs, CO).

The original transmission shifts flawlessly. The power steering doesn't leak, and never has. It's a spirited performer - always has been.

The road has taken some small tolls, though. It's got a worn through spot at the left hip on the drivers seat. The rest of the interior could be classified as 'hardly used' (not 'used hardly'). The original radio's gone - replaced with a Sony AM/FM cassette, and a 10 CD changer in the trunk. The paint on the hood is pretty much see-through, but no rust. It'll leave a drop or two of oil on the driveway, but doesn't burn any. It has the typical poke-it-til-it-comes-on cruise control switch. The front axles have been replaced once, not so long ago, and the rear bearings were replaced a little earlier than that. Neither make any noise or show any signs of wear today. The bushings are dry enough to make a little (very little) shake in a hard right turn. The tires appear to still be within the first half of life, with no unusual wear patterns detectable. It'll come with reams and reams of maintenance paperwork.

Yesterday, we purchased an '02 Ootbek MrBean with 47 grand on it, which will serve as a better (though nowhere near as fun) commuter/carpooler.

Make an offer. Bluebook sez $3400, but we'll take a little less from an enthusiast.

Steve & Sharon Wasion
Southern Illinois on the Wabash

Earthworm 10-25-2006 02:52 PM

NOOOOoooo!!! Don't do it :D

Mr. Pockets 10-25-2006 03:01 PM

That's a sad thing to read, Steve, but I can't blame you. All good things must come to an end...

My wife and I recently bought an '05 Outback and we love it. I hope yours serves you well. :)

Don't be a stranger.

huck369 10-26-2006 05:39 AM

I hate to hear you're selling Steve, but best of luck to you, and yes, don't be a stranger.

ensteele 10-26-2006 07:58 AM

I too hate to hear the news. I also have an ootback (98) and love it for hauling stuff I need to. If it sells, visit us once in a while. I am sure I can speak for others here by saying we will miss you and Kermit. :( Good luck. :)

wasions 11-20-2006 11:25 AM

Just a 'bump'.

Still available.

GOT2HAVESVX 11-26-2006 10:22 AM

I just went back to my classis car dot coms archives but they only go back to 2003 but I couldnt find it. Can you help me find it? Is it still for sale?:D

wasions 11-27-2006 09:51 AM

Last time I checked, I could no longer find it either. I guess you'll have to take my word on that one. <<sigh>>

You could ask Aredub, or Nicky Pockets. I think they've seen it there.

Here's a link to the picture that was on the site.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/wasions/309.jpg
That was cute - the picture has the day/time, but not the year. It's been awhile.

This link is to the rest of my photos. There are a couple of better shots in there.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?wasions

Actually, this is the only place I've advertised the car. I'd rather it went to a knowledgable enthusiast, than to some kid with money (my apologies to all the kids with money out there).

Yes, it's still for sale.

Offer?

svxistentialist 11-27-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasions
This car was My Classic Car dot coms 'Featured Car of the Month' in June or July of 2002 or 2003. That was a long time ago. <<sigh>>
Kermit now has 188xxx miles and has only once stranded us, and only for a very short time (rear transmission seal replaced in Steamboat Springs, CO).

The original transmission shifts flawlessly. The power steering doesn't leak, and never has. It's a spirited performer - always has been.

The road has taken some small tolls, though. It's got a worn through spot at the left hip on the drivers seat. The rest of the interior could be classified as 'hardly used' (not 'used hardly'). The original radio's gone - replaced with a Sony AM/FM cassette, and a 10 CD changer in the trunk. The paint on the hood is pretty much see-through, but no rust. It'll leave a drop or two of oil on the driveway, but doesn't burn any. It has the typical poke-it-til-it-comes-on cruise control switch. The front axles have been replaced once, not so long ago, and the rear bearings were replaced a little earlier than that. Neither make any noise or show any signs of wear today. The bushings are dry enough to make a little (very little) shake in a hard right turn. The tires appear to still be within the first half of life, with no unusual wear patterns detectable. It'll come with reams and reams of maintenance paperwork.

Yesterday, we purchased an '02 Ootbek MrBean with 47 grand on it, which will serve as a better (though nowhere near as fun) commuter/carpooler.

Make an offer. Bluebook sez $3400, but we'll take a little less from an enthusiast.

Steve & Sharon Wasion
Southern Illinois on the Wabash

Steve

I've only just seen this [you "bumped" it;) ], and I am sorry to see you parting with your car.

You've been a long time companion on here, no pun intended with the phrase.

I hope you get a good price and Kermit goes to a caring home.

Like the others say above, don't be a stranger, stay in touch here.

Joe

[I had a Legacy TT Estate, I still miss it. Well, except for the fuel consumption:D ]

GOT2HAVESVX 11-27-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasions
Last time I checked, I could no longer find it either. I guess you'll have to take my word on that one. <<sigh>>

You could ask Aredub, or Nicky Pockets. I think they've seen it there.

Here's a link to the picture that was on the site.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/wasions/309.jpg
That was cute - the picture has the day/time, but not the year. It's been awhile.

This link is to the rest of my photos. There are a couple of better shots in there.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?wasions

Actually, this is the only place I've advertised the car. I'd rather it went to a knowledgable enthusiast, than to some kid with money (my apologies to all the kids with money out there).

Yes, it's still for sale.

Offer?

I wasnt doubting that it was there, I just wanted to see it because your name for it sounds like its a prettier green then mine. I would love to be able to buy it for my daughter who is 16 but its Christmas time and your a little far away! (Theres also a certian blue in FL that is really nice too! ) I will try to find someone with a pic. :) :D

GOT2HAVESVX 11-27-2006 10:46 AM

I just looked at your pics, MUCH prettier paint then mine. I was expecting a "kermit" colored car though! ;)

wasions 11-28-2006 09:24 AM

If yours is a '95, and the paint's original, they're probably the same color. The teals (different year) were a little lighter and sort of candy colored. My paint has deteriorated greatly since those pic were taken. :(

ensteele 11-28-2006 10:38 AM

I hope this goes to someone who can appreciate it. The polo green is lighter than the teal, and I like it better than the teal. :)

GOT2HAVESVX 11-28-2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I hope this goes to someone who can appreciate it. The polo green is lighter than the teal, and I like it better than the teal. :)

I assume mine is the polo green then. I also hope it goes to someone that appreciates it.
PS> Where are you guys getting the SVX lights from? As in the one in your avatar Earl. I want one in my garage. :D ;)

wasions 11-28-2006 12:54 PM

Audrey,
The one in Earl's avatar is the same one that appears in my locker. To my knowledge, only one has ever been created - though I'm sure we'd all like to have a copy!

That one was at the 10th meet in Lafayette (sorry - I forgot who it's creator was), and was awesome to behold!