The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   My beloved '92 SVX for Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62469)

gjhumphris 01-21-2014 02:07 AM

My beloved '92 SVX for Sale

My beloved '92 pearl white / black SVX is sadly up for sale. I purchased it almost 2 years ago as a 'Sunday car', but unfortunately cannot justify having it sitting in the garage rarely being used.

My SVX has an original 175000kms. It was first purchased by a lady near Canberra. The guy who then owned it before me lives in Cabarita in Sydney (who I have met and showed him the car since). It has a complete log history and numerous receipts. The auto transmission was overhauled professionally at 138000. The tyres are basically new and the spare is the original in brand new condition. Interior is 99.5% perfect, with no real wear signs. The stereo was replaced about 4 months ago with a double din JVC unit. All electrics work as they should except for the electric aerial, which will not go up. A dark tint was put on in 2012. Rego is in August 2014. Two keys. Cold air conditioning. Engine is smooth, runs perfectly and has never given any trouble. Beautiful to drive on the freeway. Always garaged. The only 2 things I have needed to replace was a water temp sensor and a TCC solenoid by Barry Stace. Otherwise a lovely car in excellent condition (two very small paint touch ups on the rear bumper corners - not dented). In saying all this, I hit a kangaroo last year which luckily landed straight onto the windscreen and then bounced off - from this, it did me a huge favour by giving me a brand new bonnet and windscreen, second hand but perfect LH mirror (thanks 'Brady'), and resprayed front bumper, grille and rear spoiler (not as a result of the accident, but by my direction). This work was done by Randalls in Maitland, who took a real interest in the car and did a beautiful job. No mechanicals were touched. Personalised plates will be taken off this week.

As I frequently get bailed up by interested onlookers and the usual "if you ever think of selling it, let me know" chats, I have put $9800 on the window, but would much rather an SVX enthusiast buy it for less - just make an offer.

I am not a mechanic and have been as honest as I can with its description. While it is not perfect, it is certainly a fantastic non modified (engine wise) example with no money (to my knowledge) needing to be spent on it. Car is in Maitland, NSW (near Newcastle).

Phone or text: 0458527471.
Email is: gjhumphris@hotmail.com . (Please do not use the email on this forum as I don't regularly check it, but I will try to answer any posts put here in the next few weeks).

10 photos follow in the next two posts by me .....

Cheers,
Grant :(

gjhumphris 01-21-2014 02:22 AM

Re: My beloved '92 SVX for Sale

5 Attachment(s)
Here are 5 photos of my SVX for sale. More to come .....

Grant

gjhumphris 01-21-2014 02:28 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's the last 5 photos ....

Cheers,
Grant

MCMXCII SVX 01-21-2014 07:20 AM

The pictures would be easier for me to view if they were right side up. They all appear upside-down to me.

Blacky 01-21-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCMXCII SVX (Post 731303)
The pictures would be easier for me to view if they were right side up. They all appear upside-down to me.

And the interior is reversed as well, weird.;)

Beautiful car, good luck with the sale.

MCMXCII SVX 01-21-2014 01:37 PM

I suspect that the "reversed" interior is due to it being a right-hand drive vehicle made for the folks "down under". And having never been there, perhaps the lower hemisphere means driving upside-down too. ;)

gjhumphris 01-21-2014 06:25 PM

Yes, it's definitely right hand drive for Australia. But the photos are up the right way when I click on the attachments. Are they upside down to other Australian viewers???

Grant :confused:

Blacky 01-21-2014 09:16 PM

We were just joking around, at least I was.:D
No problem with the pictures or right hand drive except that we can no longer license them in Quebec.

92 SVX 01-21-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 731347)
We were just joking around, at least I was.:D
No problem with the pictures or right hand drive except that we can no longer license them in Quebec.

When I click on the photos they are upside down.

I know everyone was joking about the RHD thing.:p

flamestone 01-22-2014 12:45 AM

Wow Grant, that's in great condition.

Good luck with the sale.

andreoz 01-22-2014 09:11 PM

The photos are the right way round for me - possibly they are upside down for those in the northern hemisphere.......stupid computers!!!

Nice car and hope it can find a good home! Keep us posted with the progress....