The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gonna Kill Big O Tires...they Uh, Impact Gunned The Wrong Thread Lugnuts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17340)

tancred 03-19-2004 08:22 PM

Gonna Kill Big O Tires...they Uh, Impact Gunned The Wrong Thread Lugnuts

So, im doing the intake resonator removal, i added a custom intake that goes down the hole in the fender, and pops out the botom and a removable middle piece for when it gets wet, i can move the filter up in the engine bay, so im like, ah, job well done, go to put back on the wheel...uh...i look at the rear lug nuts, i look at the ones i took off my svx...uh....uh.....i try to put one on....no go, Im thinking...hmmm....so i look around a bit, these lugnuts say mazda on them.....WTFFFF!!! So they put the wrong ones on, then they impact gunned them stripping the proper threading and now the mazda ones wont go back on..i have a svx, on 3 wheels.....in my driveway......

IM PISSED..

astralbody 03-19-2004 08:25 PM

All I can Say that is complete and utter EVIL!!!!!!!!!

I swear with all the horror stories I hear about tire places I will never let them touch my car....

sorry to hear about that...make em pay!!!!

shelfy 03-19-2004 09:44 PM

ack! i don't want to hear it. i'm having my summer tires put back on in the morning.

ensteele 03-19-2004 11:03 PM

I change wheels with the tires in the drive way with a jack and torque wrench. I'm not going to go to anyone unless I really have to or at the last resort! :)

Seraph 03-19-2004 11:09 PM

I can replace and swap 3 wheels on 2 SVXes using the tiny jack that comes with the car in 15 minutes.

Does it count?

shelfy 03-19-2004 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
I can replace and swap 3 wheels on 2 SVXes using the tiny jack that comes with the car in 15 minutes.
3 wheels totals or on each svx?

Seraph 03-19-2004 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shelfy
3 wheels totals or on each svx?

That would be 4 Total actually.

2 SVXes, one flat tire and one spare donut. You do the math. ;)

tancred 03-20-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
I change wheels with the tires in the drive way with a jack and torque wrench. I'm not going to go to anyone unless I really have to or at the last resort! :)
Im usually the same way, but, i had a flat the other day before work, so i swapped tires in the driveway, took the flat in, figured since they are mounting my 150 dollar tire, why not have them put it on my car....obviously...that was too much of a challenge...

ensteele 03-20-2004 10:46 AM

Yes, pretty simple - after all they are just a tire shop! :rolleyes:

Lwin - why do you only change 3 of the wheels on your 2 cars? :confused:

astralbody 03-20-2004 02:29 PM

Hey Seraph

did you design a new 3 wheeled SVX? :D

I will have to talk to you about the carputer stuff after I get my 5spd done....My next project for the car :)

tancred 03-20-2004 06:36 PM

I will probbably do a 5 speed aswell, but i havent ridden in a svx with a 5, so im kinda debating if its worth the effort....

tancred 03-20-2004 06:39 PM

Update on the tire thing...

They are redoing all the studs for free, and ordering a set of lug nuts from subaru to do on monday, they have my car running 3 lugs in the rear passenger and 5 in the front passenger..I dont know why they did this...but they claim its roadworthy....I dont share their confidence, not the way i drive..:p

ensteele 03-20-2004 07:30 PM

Roadworthy to them is probably - you can drive it from their shop to your house and back again. :rolleyes: :)

tancred 03-21-2004 09:12 AM

Well, I took it out and romped on it last night, no ill effects...lol....

MNYPNNY 03-21-2004 03:06 PM

You don't ever take a car to Big O for any reason!! I hate them!! Discount Tire is much much better, yet they still manage to lose my valve stem caps half the time..... :rolleyes: