The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Subydoo meets Baja (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7064)

not Larry 3rd 11-18-2002 10:06 AM

Subydoo meets Baja

1 Attachment(s)
When SVXCESS went looking for his 96 greenie, I tagged along.
I could not resist taking this picture.

Larry III

wawazat?? 11-18-2002 10:50 AM

Whay am I tempted to call this

the good, the bad, and the ugly:eek: :D

You pick who/what gets what modifier!

Todd

Landshark 11-18-2002 11:02 AM

i saw an all silver Baja and they look MUCH better than the two-tone ones. i think the silver WRX looks a helluva lot better than other colors, maybe because the "bugeye" headlights don't stand out nearly as much. color can make a pretty big difference in the appearance of a car. we all know that yellow SVX's are definitely the sweetest, right Randy? :)

wasions 11-18-2002 11:12 AM

No doubt about it!

That Baja is one fine-looking automobile - er - truck - er . . . :rolleyes:

Okay, the idea behind this thing wasn't so bad (though far from original), but the styling (or lack of)! What were they thinking?! :eek:

benebob 11-18-2002 02:17 PM

Re: No doubt about it!

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
That Baja is one fine-looking automobile - er - truck - er . . . :rolleyes:

Okay, the idea behind this thing wasn't so bad (though far from original), but the styling (or lack of)! What were they thinking?! :eek:

:confused: Far from original? Subaru invented the compact unibody 4x4 cruck in 1978. It was the Brat:D . One hell of a vehicle only, they got screwed because the U.S automakers had been too dumb and hadn't developed their own compact trucks to compete with the imports so they gave tons of cash to politicians to pass a 25% tariff on imported trucks. U.S. companies who rebadged Japanese trucks didn't have to pay it but the foreign brands did. Ever wonder why there were so many Ford Couriers but only a handful of Mazda trucks??? The Brat actually cost more than a Jeep Wrangler at the time which didn't help sales. Take away that 25% and the Brat would've stayed that entire time. Its stange though that the new Baja can't do anything a Outback can't which in turn can't do anything a Legacy Wagon can't. Why do they need 3 vehicles that do the same thing????

Aredubjay 11-18-2002 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
we all know that yellow SVX's are definitely the sweetest, right Randy? :)

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! :p

LarryIII 11-18-2002 06:03 PM

Benebob,

I always wanted to drive a CRUCK.:D :D

Beav 11-18-2002 06:18 PM

Can anyone here say 'four door Brat'? :rolleyes:

SVXphile 11-18-2002 07:23 PM

Repeat after me...

<Can anyone here say 'four door Brat'? >

Sure.... Fordorbrat.

Sounds a bit Icelandic... :rolleyes: Don

vzSvx 11-18-2002 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! :p

OUCH!!! Hurts my eyes!:mad: :mad:

Ron Mummert 11-18-2002 08:34 PM

What's the big deal? Put a wing on the car on the right & it'd be hard to tell'em apart.

Ron (where'd I put my specs?).

AbdominalSnoman 11-18-2002 09:12 PM

bby your "AAARRRGGHHHH" I take it that you don't think that yellow would look good on an SVX. I didn't tink that they had a yellow one and thought that a black roof over yellow would look one hella-sweet

Ron Mummert 11-18-2002 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AbdominalSnoman
bby your "AAARRRGGHHHH" I take it that you don't think that yellow would look good on an SVX. I didn't tink that they had a yellow one and thought that a black roof over yellow would look one hella-sweet

Mr. Abdominal. If you hope to survive on this site I suggest you NEVER use the word SVX & Y****w in the same sentence, or even same paragraph, if Mr. Aredubjay is in the room.
Black over y****w? Definately on Mr. Aredubjay's bee list.

Ron. (averting eyes)

LarryIII 11-19-2002 04:46 AM

There is a Black (Ebony) over Yellow SVX on one of the foreign SVX sites. I think it looks good. I'd like to see it in person.

vzSvx 11-19-2002 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Mr. Abdominal. If you hope to survive on this site I suggest you NEVER use the word SVX & Y****w in the same sentence, or even same paragraph, if Mr. Aredubjay is in the room.
Black over y****w? Definately on Mr. Aredubjay's bee list.

Ron. (averting eyes)

Yep! Mr. Aredub warned me before not to mention the "Y" word again. :(
My car doesn't want to hear that word either, or else it will start finding an excuse to visit the mechanic, just like a few months ago :mad: