The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hi (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=226)

Mr. Pockets 04-09-2001 03:19 PM

Um. This is fun.

Hi.

My name is Nick and I'm addicted to my SVX.

And probably most of you here know me as cube47. Yeah, I am going to make it really confusing by changing handles, but the old handle refers to my cubicle number at Lockheed Martin, where I no longer work.

Not that anyone got that joke without an explanation. Most people just figured I was the 47th person on Yahoo! to pick 'cube' as a handle.

Anyway, sorry I missed everyone at Reading. I really wanted to be there.

END OF LINE

Mr. Pockets 04-09-2001 03:20 PM

And what makes me a 'junior member?' Cripes, I'd like to think that after over a year on the Yahoo! site I was a regular fixture...now I get demoted. :)

END OF LINE

svxter 04-09-2001 03:52 PM

Self-promotion

Greetings and welcome

Hey, Nick, everyone is entitled to a new identity now and then. :) Glad you explained the cube47 bit, though.

As far as being a "junior" member... that changes automagically after a certain number of posts. Or just go edit your personal options.

FWIW, my wife worked for Lockheed-Martin Energy Systems for some years, and I had a cousin that retired from L-M some years back.

Anyway, welcome to the Network.

Mr. Pockets 04-09-2001 03:59 PM

Re: Self-promotion

<<FWIW, my wife worked for Lockheed-Martin Energy Systems for some years, and I had a cousin that retired from L-M some years back.>>

I worked for Lockheed Martin Technology Services Group. Specifically, I was in Federal / Commercial Documentation.

IE I drew illustrations for the manuals that come with Gatling guns and 737s.

Now I make video games.

Guess which job I prefer.

END OF LINE

svxter 04-09-2001 04:05 PM

Ummm, let's see

Gatling guns or video games? Uhh, that's a tough one. :)

PS. Your profile tells me you're interested in cycling. What kind?

Chris 04-09-2001 05:03 PM

Welcome

Greetings and welcome to the group Mr. Pockets. I have family that works at Lockheed in Palmdale, California. So if you make games now, for what company?

Chris

SVXphile 04-09-2001 08:12 PM

Mr. Pockets

First an imposter shows up at Reading claiming to be Aredub, now Mr. Pockets appears claiming to be Cube! Next thing you know, lurker/old/SR71 will show up claiming to be SVXphile....:D

Aredubjay 04-09-2001 10:09 PM

Mr. Pockets !?!?! Good Grief. You'll always be good ol' "cube" to me and your brother will always be "peckerhead." Sure missed you at Reading, dude. There wasn't ONE RED SVX! We had, like, six pearls! No blues -- unlike last year where EVERY YEAR AND EVERY COLOR WERE REPRESENTED! Oh well, a good time was had by all. It was just a little less good, cuz you weren't there. Glad you signed in. <mumbles: Mr. Pockets, humph> :D

svxboy 04-10-2001 12:28 AM

Mr. pockets. ha ha ha. what a name

svxxx26 04-10-2001 06:14 AM

Mr. Pockets??? Hmmm . . . "Cube 47" sounded more enigmatic.
Say, you're not related to Mr. Giggles are you?;)

Mr. Pockets 04-10-2001 08:21 AM

Re: Ummm, let's see

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter
Gatling guns or video games? Uhh, that's a tough one. :)

PS. Your profile tells me you're interested in cycling. What kind?

Well, right now none. :) But I'm working on it. I do both offroad and road riding. Yeah, it's been cold, but the roads are so bad that I haven't wanted to take out the good road bike anyway. The beater road bike will be here in early May, though.

You ride?

END OF LINE

Mr. Pockets 04-10-2001 08:23 AM

Re: Welcome

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris
Greetings and welcome to the group Mr. Pockets. I have family that works at Lockheed in Palmdale, California. So if you make games now, for what company?

Chris

With an employee base of, what, 170,000 people, I'm not surprised that a few people here have family members working for Lockheed Martin.

I work for Outrage Entertainment in Ann Arbor, MI.

END OF LINE

Mr. Pockets 04-10-2001 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Mr. Pockets !?!?! Good Grief. You'll always be good ol' "cube" to me and your brother will always be "peckerhead." Sure missed you at Reading, dude. There wasn't ONE RED SVX! We had, like, six pearls! No blues -- unlike last year where EVERY YEAR AND EVERY COLOR WERE REPRESENTED! Oh well, a good time was had by all. It was just a little less good, cuz you weren't there. Glad you signed in. <mumbles: Mr. Pockets, humph> :D
I'll have to check, but we probably had every year and every color in Vermont last fall, too.

I'll also double-check the pictures, but weren't we missing the '94-'97 Brilliant Red in Reading last year? If you didn't have any reds this year, you were missing two colors :)

And, yes, Mr. Pockets. I don't know why. I just thoguht of it one day and it made me laugh, so now I use it. It was only a couple months after I started using it that I found out there was a 'Mr. Pocket' in Great Expectations.

END OF LINE

Aredubjay 04-10-2001 08:33 AM

How 'bout "Mr. Pocketpool" :D

We may have not had "brilliant" red, last year. But, at least, we had red.

svxter 04-10-2001 10:18 AM

Re: Re: Ummm, let's see

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

You ride?

END OF LINE

Used to do a fair amount of road racing & time trials. But haven't been active on the bike for several years, now.

Gotta get back on the road this year. Haven't tried stuffing a bike into the trunk, though.