The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   She's Gone (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17354)

Andy 03-20-2004 01:46 PM

She's Gone

My SVX was traded in for a Forester XT today. I miss her already, but too many problems and not enough seats :(

ensteele 03-20-2004 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear that Andy. You gotta do what ya gotta do. :(

Andy 03-20-2004 02:24 PM

Thanks Earl, sometimes one has to let the wife have her way :(

svxistentialist 03-21-2004 03:54 AM

Sorry to hear that Andy, but I understand the dilemma.

If I had to change my car say for work reasons, I would look no further than a Forester Turbo.

Keep in touch here on the boards. And let us know what the Forester is like, how it compares.

Joe:)

wawazat?? 03-21-2004 06:38 AM

It's a sad day.....

Sorry to hear about it Andy. How do you like the Forester?

Todd

b3lha 03-21-2004 09:57 AM

Sorry to hear that Andy. Try to visit here occasionally, we're going to miss your witty remarks.

Presumably the dealer will try and sell the car on the island rather than shipping it anywhere? So we might have another Channel Islander here soon?

All the best.

Phil & Belha

Andy 03-21-2004 11:52 AM

Don't worry, Randy has practically ordered me to keep coming here.

The network stickers are on the windows, but I doubt it will ever be more than a parts car now :( Some mad enthusiast might try to repair it, but the cost of repair wopuld be astronomical. I will keep my eyes peeled for it on the road just in case.

Phil Hill 03-21-2004 12:37 PM

Did I miss something ??

What happened to it Andy ??

Phil.

b3lha 03-21-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phil Hill
Did I miss something ??

What happened to it Andy ??

Phil.

Yeah. I was wondering that too.

Maybe he was racing M3's and those fancy brake disks didn't work quite as well as he thought! ;)

But the chances are it's another transmission story.

Tell us Andy.

The other Phil.

Andy 03-21-2004 03:20 PM

The details are spread around a few of the other threads, but to summarize, yes the gearbox was on the way out, so was the steering rack, the alternator and a wheel bearing. The drivers door kept on locking my wife in the car, and the engine would regularly flood when cold.

Sandra also scraped the nearside on a protruding rock.

Another factor was my father passing away a couple of months ago. We now have to ferry around my mother, who at 78 finds the SVX hard to get in an out of. We also now need to carry 3 adults and 2 kids.

Taking time off work to fix a car costs me a lot of money (you know how much plumbers charge per hour ;) ) and to fix the car would have meant many months without transport.

After much deliberation we therefore decided that the SVX had to go and the dealer offered us £3750 against a new XT

Green1995SVX 03-21-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
After much deliberation we therefore decided that the SVX had to go and the dealer offered us £3750 against a new XT
That's very very fair for a dealer trade!

Mike

Noir 03-22-2004 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy and Harry couldn't keep his mouth shut.
The details are spread around a few of the other threads, but to summarize, yes the gearbox was on the way out, so was the steering rack, the alternator and a wheel bearing. The drivers door kept on locking my wife in the car, and the engine would regularly flood when cold.

Sounds like she was holding your wife ransom to get fixed :D.

Get even did she? :D

Another factor was my father passing away a couple of months ago. We now have to ferry around my mother, who at 78 finds the SVX hard to get in an out of. We also now need to carry 3 adults and 2 kids.

Sorry about your father :(.

svxistentialist 03-22-2004 02:47 AM

Condolences Andy

Quote:

Taking time off work to fix a car costs me a lot of money (you know how much plumbers charge per hour ;) ) and to fix the car would have meant many months without transport.

Andy,

Please accept my condolences for your Dad's passing, may he rest in peace. Your Mum is the same age as mine, and I would not bring the SVX if collecting her or bringing her anywhere. I lost my Dad during the past year, so please tell your Mum I know a little of how she feels, and will be thinking of her.

Joe

b3lha 03-22-2004 04:02 AM

Sorry to hear about your dad Andy, you have our condolences.

Take Care,

Phil & Belha.

Aredubjay 03-22-2004 08:43 AM

Quote:

Thanks Earl, sometimes one has to let the wife have her way :(

Since when? <ducking>:eek: