The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hide-A-Key (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27657)

Ron Mummert 08-02-2005 08:10 PM

>Good reason to own a cell phone:
>If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are home,
>call someone on your cell phone.

...and watch for the latest upcoming innovation from Ripimoff Industries.
The "Hide-A-Cell Phone". That's right! A magnetic case to affix your ever shrinking "yacker" to your SVX! No need to worry about soiling a valuable key dangling from a tie-wrap, because the "Hide-A-Cell Phone" unit is shaped like a satellite radio sharkfin; so you can just plunk it on the roof, & who's to know? The unit will be priced around $79.95 Plus S & H. Magnet extra.
Early bird special! For first 200 orders for the prototype, I'll include the Magnet FREE for only $9.95 more!

Place your order NOW to - Ripimoff Industries, LTD. 666 Osama Blvd., Karachi, Pakistan.

Ron-el ....CEO, CFO, COO-KOO, Ripimoff Industries.

SVXtra 08-02-2005 08:11 PM

Why bother with Hide-A-Key unless you really don't believe in keeping your car safe? I think a better solution would be to call a local locksmith and see if they have the credit card key. Its basically a spare and sturdy plastic key that's built into a piece of heavy plastic the size of a credit card that you just pop out when its needed. It must be cut from an original key and can be used numerous times in case of an emergency. Its basically an emergency key you carry in your wallet.

AvPPoW 08-02-2005 10:10 PM

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

ensteele 08-02-2005 11:56 PM

I give up!!! Ripimoff Industries has done it again. I just read this, and then I hear about the follow up product that will take this country by storm! Yep, you heard about it too! "RonStar" For only $37.99 per month, you send him your spare key fob and he sits around the house sipping on that box-o-vino and if you lock your keys in the car, you grab your "Hide-A-Cell Phone", and call him up. Yep, he pushes the little red dot on that little fob of yours while holding it to the microphone of his cell phone as you put yours close to the door. Click - the door opens allowing you to jump into the drivers seat and speed off on your way without hardly a moment being wasted. Oh, speaking of being wasted, Ron sipping on that Box O Wine is going to be wasted while waiting for you to call him. But that is another problem that he is working on. :rolleyes: :)

Note: You must have the "Hide-A-Cell Phone" installed before "RonStar" can be subscribed to. If you subscribe to this service for 13 months, Ripimoff Industries will give you a full year of this service without interuption. :eek: :rolleyes: :)

red95svx 08-03-2005 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
I'm passing this email on from Harry (newsvx) Newman to all those who may have locked their keys in the car.

>Passing on worth a try if you are locked out...
>Worth a try, it's amazing (for those of us who never thought of it
>before now . I wonder if that is how "Onstar " does it too.
>
>Subject: Locked the keys in the car?
>
>This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone:
>If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are home,
>call someone on your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot
>from your car door and have the other person at your home
>press the unlock button on the remote, holding it near the phone
>on their end. Your car will unlock.

>Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.
>Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away,
>and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote"
>for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

This is pretty silly! I had a good laugh this morning. I can't wait to see someone try this! A device that transmits sound can also be used to transmit radio waves.....that's a good one!! I suppose next we'll learn about changing the channel on your TV from 3 blocks away by using cell phones to transmit the infrared beams from the remote:p

Dave

94svxred 08-03-2005 07:22 AM

It wouldn't even cost me $37.99 to have AAA come out :eek: .How lame is this ;)

94svxred 08-03-2005 07:35 AM

Update :D I'm glad to report my empty Hide-A-Key is still were I put !! :p :p

mohrds 08-03-2005 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94svxred
It wouldn't even cost me $37.99 to have AAA come out :eek: .How lame is this ;)

But how much does the AAA subscription cost??? :p

ensteele 08-03-2005 10:17 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Just remember that there is one born every minute. :rolleyes: ;) :D

dcarrb 08-03-2005 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohrds
But how much does the AAA subscription cost??? :p

I have a basic AAA membership; it's in the neighborhood of $50 per year. Never used any of the services, so I can't say that it's money well spent, but figure it would be nice to phone that toll-free number for a tow were I ever to break down out of town.

dcb

94svxred 08-03-2005 02:58 PM

I also have AAA ,and I get a multicar discount and have been with them for years :eek: . I pay $36 bucks ayear .Not bad :D

Whoru465 08-03-2005 03:19 PM

One morning at the station we tried out that cell phone trick live on the air. I was given the dubious task of trudging out into the snow in downtown Boston and holding the phone near the lock. No dice, but it makes for a good story, and good radio... :D

Noir 08-03-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red95svx
This is pretty silly! I had a good laugh this morning. I can't wait to see someone try this! A device that transmits sound can also be used to transmit radio waves.....that's a good one!! I suppose next we'll learn about changing the channel on your TV from 3 blocks away by using cell phones to transmit the infrared beams from the remote:p

Dave

actually with the data services that cellular providers offer these days, it's quite possible to do that. many phones have the option of infrared built in. obviously this would only work with something like cable television and the like....unless of course you have a networked screening module you could connect to remotely.

but yes it can be done. so can having a cellular phone that picks up the frequency of a car alarm being sent to another cellphone elsewhere.

it's just that no one has made one yet because the costs would greater than the potential $$$ to be made.

that's the benefit of ip based communications and services.

Ron Mummert 08-03-2005 08:28 PM

Note: You must have the "Hide-A-Cell Phone" installed before "RonStar" can be subscribed to. If you subscribe to this service for 13 months, Ripimoff Industries will give you a full year of this service without interuption. :eek: :rolleyes: :)[/QUOTE]

Earl, I'm glad to see you're taking your V/P of Promotions & Weaseling job seriously. RonStar can be accessed today by sending only $19.95 per month to our published address. Once your check is received & clears, you'll be given the secret access number to our upgraded service called AAAlcyone. Should you suffer a road* breakdown in your SVX of any kind, you'll be connected to Beav's home answering machine for instant diagnosis, & heartfelt sympathy.
Don't delay - your tranny deserves the best!

Ron-el - (*not applicable on streets, lanes, highways, interstates, drives, driveways & alleys).

red95svx 08-04-2005 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir
actually with the data services that cellular providers offer these days, it's quite possible to do that. many phones have the option of infrared built in. obviously this would only work with something like cable television and the like....unless of course you have a networked screening module you could connect to remotely.

but yes it can be done. so can having a cellular phone that picks up the frequency of a car alarm being sent to another cellphone elsewhere.

it's just that no one has made one yet because the costs would greater than the potential $$$ to be made.

that's the benefit of ip based communications and services.

Devices that use infrared for sharing data (such as PDA's and cell phones) must be placed next to each other in order for the infrared sensors to pick up the incoming signals. Such devices have a low infrared output and share data by directly "beaming" it to another nearby device...not by sending the infrared light via radio waves. I was talking about using the radio transmitter in cell phones to carry infrared light signals....obviously something that can not be done. If I shine a flashlight into my cell phone while I talk to you will you see the light come out of your speaker??

Dave