The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Wheels / Tires (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Wheels that fit..... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50128)

ninefourteener 05-04-2009 02:02 PM

Wheels that fit.....

Greetings.

Once again.... sorry if this is an already existing post... did a search, couldn't find anything.

I REALLY like the look of the 17x8 STI BBS' wheels on an SVX, but they are incredibly pricey.

Aftermarket wheels look ricey, unless you spend a fortune on them as well.

Is there a thread, or a list, or something that lists several different (non Subaru OEM) wheels that fit an SVX and look really good? I've heard there are some Nissan wheels out there... perhaps Mazda? Something.

I see slightly used wheel/tire sets on eBay all the time, but it's difficult to be sure if they will fit an SVX because often the owner doesn't know what the offset is.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mike621 05-04-2009 02:07 PM

Re: Wheels that fit.....

Check out Infiniti FX wheels, Nissan Murano, RX8, RX7, 300ZX, Lexus SC/GS Wheels.

I have RX8 wheels on my Claret.

PS, email on the way. :)

Green1995SVX 05-04-2009 03:14 PM

I have RX8 wheels on mine, and I personally think that they are the wheels the SVX should have come with. They fit the looks of the car so well.

WestCoastSVX 05-04-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 600045)
I have RX8 wheels on mine, and I personally think that they are the wheels the SVX should have come with. They fit the looks of the car so well.

Mike - I gotta say again I LOVE your Pearlie!

Are those just some really good condition standard RX8 wheels, or did you do something to them? They just look "shinier" than any I've seen on RX8's in real life. Maybe it's just that you cared enough to wash them up real good and it was picture day.

Also, I'm assuming the RX8 wheels have a really compatible offset for the SVX? I think your car's even lowered, no problems with these at all?

I love my 18's, but with no knowledge of the offset they have I fear they may not work if I ever did a suspension upgrade.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...dium/SVX22.JPG

Green1995SVX 05-04-2009 04:23 PM

Troy-

Here are the specs on the wheels:
  • 50mm offset
  • 18" x 8" Alloy
  • 2004-2007 Mazda RX8
  • Bolt Pattern 5x114.3
  • Lug centric mounting

I used proper hub rings. I used google to come up with the measurements on those. I may have the measurements in my SVX file. I'll look tonight. Centercaps from a 2000-2004 outback are plug-and-play. My car is lowered (a lot) and there are no clearance issues at all. Mine are the standard Mazda finish, as far as I know. I haven't done anything to them except wash and wax them. :)

Mike

ninefourteener 05-04-2009 04:50 PM

Those RX8 wheels look AMAZING.

I know if I go with 18s, the car will look funny unless I lower it.... which I don't want to do.

I am going to take a look at some of the other suggestions though... definitely. Thanks!!

processengr 05-04-2009 04:56 PM

Nice!!
Question: What size tires?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 600058)
Troy-

• 50mm offset
  • 18" x 8" Alloy
  • 2004-2007 Mazda RX8
  • Bolt Pattern 5x114.3
  • Lug centric mounting

I used proper hub rings. I used google to come up with the measurements on those. I may have the measurements in my SVX file. I'll look tonight. Centercaps from a 2000-2004 outback are plug-and-play. My car is lowered (a lot) and there are no clearance issues at all. Mine are the standard Mazda finish, as far as I know. I haven't done anything to them except wash and wax them. :)

Mike

Green1995SVX 05-04-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by processengr (Post 600066)
Nice!!

I have 225/40/18 Continental ContiSportContact 2 tires. Not all tires of that size are created equal, though. I noticed that Mike621 has installed Toyo tires of the same size on his RX8 wheels, and they have a 'stretched' look to them as if they're too narrow for the wheels. The Continentals on the other hand, look perfect.

Some people do like the stretched look, though.

processengr 05-04-2009 06:25 PM

Nice!!

Quote:

Troy-

• 50mm offset
  • 18" x 8" Alloy
  • 2004-2007 Mazda RX8
  • Bolt Pattern 5x114.3
  • Lug centric mounting

Mike

crazyhorse 05-04-2009 07:36 PM

Also, late model Mustang wheels are a bolt on. (05-up) Even the "Bullit" wheels. I'm seriously considering these. They're 16" so they'd be a direct swap.
http://www.factorywheel.ca/images/large/5.jpg
Add an SVX sticker to the knockoff & viola!

WestCoastSVX 05-05-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Troy-

• 50mm offset
  • 18" x 8" Alloy
  • 2004-2007 Mazda RX8
  • Bolt Pattern 5x114.3
  • Lug centric mounting

Mike

Thanks Mike! Best and clearest answer I've gotten on a subject here in a long time. Everything I needed to know. I think I'll start hunting a set of RX8 wheels down.....

Let me know if you find the specs for the proper hub rings as well.

Ownbot 05-05-2009 02:35 PM

Green 95 SVX, so are your wheels hub centric? or lug centric?
You stated that they were lug centric, but then said you used hub rings? Some people have told me that you can snap off you lugs if you don't use centering rings. I have always had aftermarket wheels which are never hub centric and I have never had a problem with them.

What do you think?

SVXRide 05-05-2009 02:40 PM

hubcentric....hubcentric....hubcentric ;):lol:
-Bill
p.s. Mike is such a showoff!:lol:

solarsvx 05-05-2009 03:03 PM

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...x/IMG_0323.jpg

19+8.5 fits great

Green1995SVX 05-05-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 600218)
hubcentric....hubcentric....hubcentric ;):lol:
-Bill
p.s. Mike is such a showoff!:lol:

Bill-

I resemble that remark. ;)

I read that these wheels are lugcentric, but just to be sure I used hub rings anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Mike