The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Bumper latest news (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3201)

Stevebsy 03-19-2002 03:41 PM

Bumper latest news

Well, if you've been wondering where I've been, I've been working away over the last weeks and the bumper is nearing completion (finally)

Here is a link to some pics which are somewhat recent.
http://stevebsy.crosswinds.net/bumper

I added a couple of pictures with a foglamp installed in the light hole. The foglamp pictured is a PIAA 1490 series lamp.

I'd say the max light you'd want to try to squeeze in the hole is 5x3, but I'd recommend something smaller like the PIAA one pictured.

It is my eternal hope that I can get production started in time to get one out the Reading meet so that those of you who go can see it in person.

Green1995SVX 03-19-2002 03:57 PM

Lookin good!!

-Mike

Zeppelin 03-19-2002 05:27 PM

Lookin great Steve! Can't wait to see the one at Reading.......... :D

suby_qa 03-20-2002 09:13 PM

Looks Good!

I like it Steve! Are you hoping to get a finished bumper for the Reading Meet? Or a more advanced prototype? Can I hope for a bumper by the end of April?:) Please say yes. Regardless I am still waiting patiently. Thanks for all of the hard work.

EverclearAtMSU 03-20-2002 09:40 PM

Re: Bumper latest news

wow, that's pretty impressive! What will the final one be made out of? and any out look on price? gotta start savin :)

cdigerlando 03-20-2002 10:37 PM

Hey. Got those dimentions on the opening? Also, would it be too much trouble to make my side openings larger. I wanted air to the fender for the engine on one side and the oil and tranny cooler on the other.

Stevebsy 03-21-2002 12:50 PM

Sorry about that.. in the center opening you should keep it to something in the 6x20" range. That is if it is rectangular and is to fit totally within the bumper. When I get one installed, it may be possible to fit a larger radiator behind the opening.

You could trim the openings if you wanted, but I don't know how it would wind up looking. The openings are about 3x6" at their smallest.

By next week I will have at least a prototype part, and by the end of the week a finished part if all looks good. I should be able to answer questions a little better then.

Quote:

Originally posted by cdigerlando
Hey. Got those dimentions on the opening? Also, would it be too much trouble to make my side openings larger. I wanted air to the fender for the engine on one side and the oil and tranny cooler on the other.

Stevebsy 03-21-2002 12:53 PM

Re: Re: Bumper latest news

$500 + shipping for a fiberglass bumper in primer finish. I'm not painting them (sorry) due to problems of color matching.

Depending on how it goes, I may or may not offer them in carbon fiber. (Those of you who ordered one already will get one in CF, don't worry) CF may be a PITA to make, so I'm not taking orders for them right now...

Shipping is via ground truck, and around $75-125 depending on location.

I should have the website up soon for more details

Quote:

Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU
wow, that's pretty impressive! What will the final one be made out of? and any out look on price? gotta start savin :)

deligeds 03-21-2002 04:48 PM

Looks very nice, Steve - a great match to the Japanese one-off. We've finally got something to get a little excited about now. Seems like we've had quite a few new members join the network since this whole bumper project started. You might want to give it a plug in the general forum.

BTW, did anything ever get settled on a grille for the big radiator opening?

Motorsport-SVX 03-21-2002 08:49 PM

Bumper latest news

Quote:

Originally posted by Stevebsy
$500 + shipping for a fiberglass bumper in primer finish. I'm not painting them (sorry) due to problems of color matching.

Depending on how it goes, I may or may not offer them in carbon fiber. (Those of you who ordered one already will get one in CF, don't worry) CF may be a PITA to make, so I'm not taking orders for them right now...

Shipping is via ground truck, and around $75-125 depending on location.

I should have the website up soon for more details

Looks good Steve.....Let me know when I should send
funds, Ill take one for sure....Ive set up a trucking company already to bring it to Az.

92_SVX_LSL 03-21-2002 10:00 PM

I want to see it finished and on a SVX then i will decide if i'm going to get one. But i do like what i do see

cdigerlando 03-22-2002 11:53 AM

Only 6"! That may be a problem. I will check and get back with you.

Motorsport-SVX 03-22-2002 01:37 PM

Re: Bumper latest news

Quote:

Originally posted by Stevebsy
Well, if you've been wondering where I've been, I've been working away over the last weeks and the bumper is nearing completion (finally)

Here is a link to some pics which are somewhat recent.
http://stevebsy.crosswinds.net/bumper

I added a couple of pictures with a foglamp installed in the light hole. The foglamp pictured is a PIAA 1490 series lamp.

I'd say the max light you'd want to try to squeeze in the hole is 5x3, but I'd recommend something smaller like the PIAA one pictured.

It is my eternal hope that I can get production started in time to get one out the Reading meet so that those of you who go can see it in person.

Steve...it looks great ! I could car less about the size of the outter openings, Im not sticking anything in there, but later may run some ducting to my brakes. Nice work....us beggers cant too choosey anyway.....thanks again......dg

Stevebsy 03-22-2002 04:18 PM

Well, don't panic yet...You could angle it forward and get a couple more inches. Anyway..I'll be making a mold next week and will have the first parts pulled and installed. Then we will know the final answer. Some creative trimming could also yield a bigger opening. Hang tight until next week. I want your project to work, and we'll make it work! I want a turbo too :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Quote:

Originally posted by cdigerlando
Only 6"! That may be a problem. I will check and get back with you.

Rev Hard 04-25-2002 12:58 PM

Nice f'n JOB!

Seriously i was reading all the old posts and the vote we took and now... there it is right before my eyes.... (sorta) I will be getting one as the SVX seems to have had a slight bump in the front and now the bumper looks trashy.... just lemme come up with the 500$.... (damn thats more than the bodykit for my honda) LOL J/K

again congrats on a job well done.....

PAUL! a.k.a Rev Hard