The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Christmas Request from the Admin (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47966)

Chris 12-21-2008 10:21 PM

Christmas Request from the Admin

Ok, this might be considered a mild case of power abuse, but here goes.

First off, my request is completely legitimate. We have three Italian Greyhounds as assistant administrators of the SVXWN (sort of):D. They validate new users, and represent the Italian styling of the SVX at nearly every race I attend. We order collars and sweaters (yes, we sometimes have to dress the less fat fortunate ones that get cold easily) from an online business that does exceptional work. They regularly hold a monthly competition called "Supermodel of the Month." This is the last month they are going to be doing this. The most popular voted animal gets $150 gift certificate to items she sells and provides.

The voting is EASY and can be done once an hour from any computer WITHOUT having to enter any information what so ever other than choise (no email address, no personal information, just 2 clicks). We would like to ask the members here to follow the link and vote for "George" the half-white/half-gray faced Italian Greyhound.

Visit: http://k9closet.com/supermodelofthemonth.htm
He looks like this:
http://k9closet.com/georged.JPG

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link that says "Click here to vote"
Shortcut to just the voting here: http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1121355

Choose the button for George and submit.
Bookmark and please vote often. It will allow entries once an hour and the submissions will be accepted thru the end of the month.

I think it would be great if George of the SVXWN was to win the last Christmas supermodel award (that he would generously share with his other two female Italian Greyhound companions) assisted by the members of the SVXWN.:D

BACKGROUND:
Several years ago, after much research, we purchased our first Italian Greyhound from a breeder. The name was almost fully chosen for our first before we even picked a puppy. Turbo almost instinctively grew into her name. Eight months later, we picked up a second from an Italian Greyhound rescue in Utah. Ivy was to become a companion and playmate to Turbo. Life was great with the two. Everyone was content. Then a couple of months ago a local Sighthound rescue took in an Italian Greyhound that had a very rough start in life. When his leg got broke in six places with his previous owner, the bills became too much and he was signed over to be euthanized. The local rescue picked him up and provided him with the necessary medical treatment for a second chance on life. After a metal plate was affixed to his leg bone, several bone grafts, 6 months in a cast, he was on his way to recovery. We previously have worked with the local rescue and after a brief introduction to our current two we evaluated social compatibility. Very little time passed before it was obvious that all of them were like three peas in a happy pod. We had no intentions of increasing our family size, but accidents happen, this time a happy one. George has now been with us for over two months and is fully enjoying his second chance at life.

With this being said, we ask just a few small things:
  • Please vote for George for the last Supermodel of the month competition
  • Please spay & neuter your animals that you do not intend to PROFESSIONALY breed
  • If you have pets, please look over the products that Heidi personally makes for cats and dogs, they are beautiful and of exceptional quality
  • Lastly, if you are looking to add a companion to your family, research the breed completely so there are no surprises and give an animal in rescue a second chance at life. Don't support the poor breeding and genetic practices of puppy mill dogs often sold in mall pet stores
And from all of us at the network operations center of the SVXWN, Merry Christmas & "woof, woof, bark"

SSSVX 12-21-2008 10:38 PM

Re: Christmas Request from the Admin

Done! :)

Merry Christmas!

SubaruSVXCrazy 12-21-2008 10:39 PM

LOL, not a bad way to use that power :D. I'd be glad to help out. I voted for him, Pretty cute. Good luck .:)

Chris 12-21-2008 10:52 PM

Thanks a bunch! And remember to vote often. The target voting system allows you to re-vote again every hour until the end of the selection period. :D

It is after all a popularity vote :rolleyes:

ensteele 12-21-2008 11:52 PM

Is he half white, or half gray? lol. I will vote and vote often. Sarah and Hanna want to vote too. :D :D :D

immortal_suby 12-22-2008 08:14 AM

bookmarked - I'll be voting often

TomsSVX 12-22-2008 08:57 AM

How did you get one to stay still to take a picture!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::lol:

Voting:)

Tom

ssnsltd 12-22-2008 11:28 AM

well I hope your happy, about wore my fingers and keyboard out to vote for George. . .

Freeman 12-22-2008 02:09 PM

Hm, from what I see, I can vote a LOT more than once every hour. Maybe it's my work computer? Do they count if I do? I'm going to set up a program to open a new window and click to vote every 20 seconds if so..

RSVX 12-22-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 578349)
Hm, from what I see, I can vote a LOT more than once every hour. Maybe it's my work computer? Do they count if I do? I'm going to set up a program to open a new window and click to vote every 20 seconds if so..

Rather than get him disqualified, why not write one that votes for him every hour and 3 to 13 minutes randomly.

Freeman 12-22-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 578358)
Rather than get him disqualified, why not write one that votes for him every hour and 3 to 13 minutes randomly.

Yeah that's a better idea..

Chris 12-22-2008 07:08 PM

new information

It appears as if a unique cookie stored allows the survey computer to determine if you have voted already or not. Microsoft Internet Exploder (Explorer) parses this correctly. Firefox and Opera appear to not handle this in a way that the survey computer expects and it looks like you can vote over and over. Just an observation, but you are welcome to confirm this :D.

Thanks to all who have been voting for George.

"George in '09"
(the Italian Greyhound, not Bush)

Wikedjuggalo 12-22-2008 07:23 PM

I noticed this last night :D but I felt the urge not to so as not to get you disqualified

Chris 12-22-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 578404)
I noticed this last night :D but I felt the urge not to so as not to get you disqualified

Well, there "WAS" rules posted that noted one vote per hour per PC. But, the rules went missing when the site was updated and all the contestants uploaded. Odd:confused:

So, I guess the rules are now, reasonable judgment?? :confused::eek::lol:

evilsvx 12-28-2008 11:04 PM

lol nice. i voted for him. good luck