The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ranting about the SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15583)

Javelinman 01-12-2004 01:52 PM

Ranting about the SVX

Ok everyone I have to rant about some stuff!
Now that I have owned my SVX for a whopping 2 weeks I have noticed some things about the SVX owning experience.
The first thing is If you own an SVX you don't belong to any group! We are not ricers! From what I can see is that most of the littlie ricers( not that I would ever want to be one) are afraid of us when they see us coming.
Next thing! Why is it that a car that once sold for 25 thousand plus are now going for practically nothing?
What I'm getting at is that you can go buy a 92-95 SVX with lower miles for under $6000 dollars. Or you can get a nice 92-95 with high miles for under $4000 What gives? Don't get me wrong I have seen some SVX's that were very high priced but still not that bad!
I would think that a car that is as nice, fast, fun to drive as an SVX would sell for more! Am I wrong for thinking that? It's not like there Honda CRX's that are a dime a dozen! the SVX is a rare car!

One more thing how is it that like No one knows what an SVX is? I was asked by like 6 people on saterday what kind of car it was.

Javelinman

MYgreen92 01-12-2004 01:54 PM

Welcome to hell...

just kidding, thats the all famous mk3 supra greeting. Welcome to SVXdom, and have fun with the car. I always get asked what kind of car it is, even after more than a year. And since no-one knows what the car is, it cant possibly be a ricer unless the owner makes it one.

Bobb 01-12-2004 02:28 PM

SVXs

Hi everyone, Think about a person in their mid twenties asking about our cars. They were little kids when our cars came out. Most people twelve years ago probably didn't know what a Subaru was. Except places like New England and CO. Most people don't buy a car for its engineering. They buy it because they like the way it looks. In those days a Subaru sedan didn't give you a thrill when you looked at it, unless you were going over a cliff when you saw it. In the last few years people have wised up about Subaru. Except for all the SVX owners I don't think they would do well with a new GT either. Car and Driver magazine raved about the SVX to the point that a couple of months after the review, they came out in the magazine and said " Hey weren't you people listening?" We loved this car and your not buying any. For myself, i'm not selling my SVX no matter what it's worth. Big money or little money, I'm not selling. I like this car a LOT. Take care, BOBB

Ron Mummert 01-12-2004 03:11 PM

Re: Ranting about the SVX

I was asked by like 6 people on saterday what kind of car it was.

To which I always reply, "Lamborghini, experimental model".

Ron.

mark10t 01-12-2004 04:23 PM

<<Why is it that a car that once sold for 25 thousand plus are now going for practically nothing? ........
.....I would think that a car that is as nice, fast, fun to drive as an SVX would sell for more! Am I wrong for thinking that? It's not like there Honda CRX's that are a dime a dozen! the SVX is a rare car!>>

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! ...

....Can't you keep your mouth shut?. Don't say that so loud, the secret will be out and we won't be able to buy such a sweet ride for such low bucks!!!!!!

So what if resale sux, just don't sell. I know I never will.

-Mark

ensteele 01-12-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark10t
So what if resale sux, just don't sell. I know I never will.

-Mark

I won't either. They will have to pry my dead cold hands from my keys before I will loose my cars! :rolleyes: :)

upnygimp 01-12-2004 06:02 PM

Dammit, the only rant I have about teh SVX is that I don't have one :mad: :p

Noir 01-12-2004 07:22 PM

welcome to the family Javelinman.

if that's your rant, you haven't seen nothing yet. :D

just wait a little while and you will be along the rest of us complaining about your tires, bearings, or crying about your tranny.

the amount of money spent into my previous svx was much more than what the value of the car was worth, but you know what, it's worth every penny. we have a very unique vehicle and i'm in until the very end. but instead of prying my fingers off of the steering wheel, i will take it off the cliff with me as my days come near the end. you know, i do need something to drive in hell :D.

i can imagine luci asking me, 'what kind of car is that?'

dunno, Ron told me that it's a 'Lamborghini Diablo, experimental model".

luci's reply, 'right on'

Bobb 01-12-2004 09:46 PM

Re: Re: Ranting about the SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
I was asked by like 6 people on saterday what kind of car it was.

To which I always reply, "Lamborghini, experimental model".

Ron.

Hi Ron, I rest my case. Take care, BOBB

shelfy 01-12-2004 10:26 PM

luci! lmao!

NapaBavarian 01-13-2004 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MYgreen92
And since no-one knows what the car is, it cant possibly be a ricer unless the owner makes it one.
I just got back from the hardware store, I'm using aluminum dryer duct for the exhaust and a couple of old 5 gallon cans instead of coffee cans for the exhaust, next I'll add a cold air intake that sucks from the engine compartment (where the air is HOT!) and slap silley stickers all over my SVX that I painted flat black from a rattle can:)

mikecg 01-13-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NapaBavarian

that I painted flat black from a rattle can:)

hehe....... I did that to by ex wifes 74 Chevelle.....But then again she only payed 500 for the car....... I had some rust and I used Rustolium Paint.

Javelinman 01-13-2004 09:54 AM

That's funny! But sick how many ricers actually do that here in Colorado! Makes me sick!
A guy who lives in the same community as me has a early 90's RX7 with a 9 inch exhaust tip! I'm not joking! A friend and I after a good night of beer drinking ran over to his car and measured it. the thing is So big that he had to cut his rear bumper ( his stock rear bumper )
http://www.heferito.com/stupidriceboys.asp