The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Question about tailshaft. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53480)

thissoan 03-16-2010 11:30 PM

Question about tailshaft.

GDay all.

I am looking to replace mid-tailshaft bearing/universal joint/bush (not sure what to call it) on my 92 SVX. Can somneone in the know inform me of the part number and a good parts supplier. I'm from downunder australia and have been having problems sourcing a replacement. This part makes my tailshaft sag and makes a clunking noise on take off.

Any infromation would be very very much appreciated and would ensure I could get the SVX back on the road.

Thissoan(Pete)

lhopp77 03-17-2010 09:30 AM

Re: Question about tailshaft.

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thissoan (Post 638542)
GDay all.

I am looking to replace mid-tailshaft bearing/universal joint/bush (not sure what to call it) on my 92 SVX. Can somneone in the know inform me of the part number and a good parts supplier. I'm from downunder australia and have been having problems sourcing a replacement. This part makes my tailshaft sag and makes a clunking noise on take off.

Any infromation would be very very much appreciated and would ensure I could get the SVX back on the road.

Thissoan(Pete)

Not sure of your terminology, but maybe the attached pic can help you out. If this is not what you are talking about, let me know.

Lee

thissoan 03-17-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77 (Post 638579)
Not sure of your terminology, but maybe the attached pic can help you out. If this is not what you are talking about, let me know.

Lee

Thanks you Lee for your reply. The pdf you attached has the part number that I was after.

Propeller shaft centre bearing 27037PA000.

Is the full part number guide book available on the internet or is it your own personal copy?
I found a US part supplier SubaruParts.com, have you heard of them? do they provide good service?

Pete.

Blacky 03-18-2010 06:42 AM

They are very good.

lhopp77 03-18-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thissoan (Post 638653)
Thanks you Lee for your reply. The pdf you attached has the part number that I was after.

Propeller shaft centre bearing 27037PA000.

Is the full part number guide book available on the internet or is it your own personal copy?
I found a US part supplier SubaruParts.com, have you heard of them? do they provide good service?

Pete.

It's my personal copy, but there are some pretty good diagrams at the site you found. You just can't find the part number until you actually put it in your cart.

They are a good supplier. (I just received an order today from them placed on 3/10) Not trememdously fast, but as fast as you can expect since they don't actually stock many of the parts in house. The parts usually come from a regional warehouse.

Lee

Freeman 03-18-2010 10:09 AM

You know what would be nice to have?

A carbon fiber or aluminum tailshaft/driveshaft.