The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Question about subaruparts.com gasket kit (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49039)

Psychosis5150 02-08-2009 12:05 PM

Question about subaruparts.com gasket kit

Anyone have experience withe this kit part# 10105AA060? My main question is does it come with items like valve cover gaskets, cam seals, main seals, oil pump, etc.. My car recently decided it want's to do it's best impression of the Exxon Valdez (lost 3 quarts in 200 miles:eek:) so it is time to pull the motor and reseal it. Most of the leaks seem to be valve covers and either rear main or oil seperator, but I figure on doing the seals, timing belt and water pump and being done with it for a while..

1986nate 02-08-2009 11:58 PM

Re: Question about subaruparts.com gasket kit

No oil pump but all gaskets and oil seals are included including the 20 washer gaskets for the valve covers. Timing belt and water pump are separate but a good idea to replace as well. Might want to do the thermostat as well while you have easy access and thats only a few bucks more.

Crazy_pilot 02-09-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 586630)
Might want to do the thermostat as well while you have easy access and thats only a few bucks more.

If you do, make sure you buy a thermostat gasket. The kit doesn't come with one. It also doesn't include the 4 half moon seals at the rear of the valve covers, which I had to buy separately.

1986nate 02-09-2009 12:46 PM

I figured the thermostat would come with a new gasket:o, however I forgot about those extra valve cover seals.

paulmeisterpk 02-10-2009 09:57 AM

I just got a subaru engine reseal kit from subaruparts.com, and it did NOT come with any valve cover gaskets. Might wanna check on that in this kit. I emailed the guys at subaruparts.com and got a parts list of the gaskets that came in the kit. They got me the list right away.

Psychosis5150 02-12-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulmeisterpk (Post 586861)
I just got a subaru engine reseal kit from subaruparts.com, and it did NOT come with any valve cover gaskets. Might wanna check on that in this kit. I emailed the guys at subaruparts.com and got a parts list of the gaskets that came in the kit. They got me the list right away.

Any chance you could share that list please?

Crazy_pilot 02-12-2009 08:46 PM

Mine came with all of the valve cover gaskets. :confused:

The full list of items is 50 different types of seals, many of which are multiple items. There are probably over 100 items in the kit all together.

paulmeisterpk 02-13-2009 07:44 AM

My kit was for a '99 Legacy 2.5 DOHC, and it did not come with the VC gaskets. I am not sure of the kit for the SVX. Here is a copy of what mine came with.
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/p...it-legdohc.jpg
Enjoy
Paul

paulmeisterpk 02-13-2009 07:46 AM

I would email subaruparts.com, and they will give you a list of what that kit contains. That's how I got the list I just posted for the Legacy.

Crazy_pilot 02-13-2009 08:16 AM

Your list says you should have recieved the valve cover gaskets, which would make me think someone screwed up while packaging it.

IceBlade 02-13-2009 08:26 AM

What do you do with a kit like this? Is this to rebuild an engine or something?

Crazy_pilot 02-13-2009 08:41 AM

Not a rebuild by itself, but if you've got a leaky motor (which most of us get with the age these cars are getting to) it has almost every single seal you need to keep oil in the engine where it belongs.

paulmeisterpk 02-13-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 587304)
Your list says you should have recieved the valve cover gaskets, which would make me think someone screwed up while packaging it.

I didn't even catch that. Good call. I just had the GF pick up a set at the dealer on the way home.