The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   race concepts business (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40831)

Crysis 09-20-2007 08:19 AM

race concepts business

Did RaceConcepts go out of business? I ordered a set of rotors from them the other day and they said they would email my shipping information, no word yet, so I gave them a call and it is no longer in service. Anyone know if they went out of business?

svxfiles 09-20-2007 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crysis (Post 494424)
Did RaceConcepts go out of business? I ordered a set of rotors from them the other day and they said they would email my shipping information, no word yet, so I gave them a call and it is no longer in service. Anyone know if they went out of business?

I just called for Bein, and got the same message that I usually get.
I will E-mail them toay to order a couple of dimpled/slotted/plated SVX rotor sets, with SS lines.:)
More later.

Crysis 09-20-2007 08:49 AM

what number did you use?

NiftySVX 09-20-2007 01:15 PM

I need a set of rotors, too. Do we/does anyone get any sort of discount?

Nomake Wan 09-20-2007 01:22 PM

Oh crap, these guys were my main source of rotors!!! Noooo!!!

svxfiles 09-20-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomake Wan (Post 494489)
Oh crap, these guys ARE my main source of rotors!!! Noooo!!!

Fixed it.;)

I just sent Bein an E-mail and an order.
I hope to hear from him soon.
:)

ensteele 09-20-2007 06:51 PM

Yes, they usually give us some kind of price break. :) Let them know you are a member here. :)

Shadabob 09-21-2007 12:13 AM

Same situation kinda happened to me a couple months ago. Ordered them, and no word. Called them and for some reason they didn't have a shipping number, but they said they shipped. He just said call back in 2-3 days if I didnt get them (It totalling about 10 days at this point since I ordered them).

Well I didnt get them, so he sent out another pair, and this time all the shipping info was sent. I tracked them as the arrived in Portland...and got them the following day :D

Great customer service by the way, he was very helpful.

Crysis 09-21-2007 11:39 AM

what number did you call because the one given on the website is no longer in service.

svxfiles 09-21-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crysis (Post 494751)
what number did you call because the one given on the website is no longer in service.

714-554-8223

WestCoastSVX 09-21-2007 01:31 PM

What's the going rate these days on a sets of rotors for the SVX from these guys?

You go to ebay and there's like 5 different sellers doing SVX rotors in various slotted/drilled configurations, with wide ranges of prices. One seller is even named "RC Concepts" is that related to "Race Concepts"? Or some kind of knock-off? :confused:

Sounds like Race Concepts is still the pick by those in the know, eh?

I've been running Race Concepts dimple drilled/slotted on all 4 corners for going on 5 years now, finally managed to warp the rears I think. :rolleyes:

Thinking of ordering some more. Or looking into some bigger brake options.

RSVX 09-21-2007 01:36 PM

I have been using ART Cryo Rotors for >5 years, and no warping... and its not like I havent tried.

WestCoastSVX 09-21-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 494778)
I have been using ART Cryo Rotors for >5 years, and no warping... and its not like I havent tried.

I remember those! If memory serves, back 5+ years ago those were the hot rotors to get for your SVX, if you were going aftermarket at all. They might have even been the only aftermarket rotors for the SVX, or at least the only ones anyone on here had tried. They were also quite expensive at the time. Then Race Concepts came onto the scene with the low prices and lots of SVX reviews, and we never heard much about ART again.

So they are working well for you? Are they slotted/drilled/both or is the cryo treating all they need?

RSVX 09-21-2007 11:31 PM

They are slotted/plated as well as Cryo.

I have had to literally stand on my brakes a few times... no warpage, no uneven wear... Love em to death.

Yes they were expensive, but the idea was to not have to buy rotors again.

And they still exist....

http://www.appliedrotortechnology.com/

techy101 09-22-2007 11:23 AM

The guys over at Frozen Rotors (Diversified Cryogenic Laboratories Inc) are wonderful. They're based out of Minneapolis area, and I've been down to see them on more than one occasion.

They too are expensive, but well worth it. I have a set of PowerSlot Frozen rotors and Hawk HPS pads on my Forester XT. I warped two sets of factory rotors in one winter ice racing. These have held up like a champ.

They don't seem to list a slotted rotor for the SVX, but I know they do custom orders for people (engine bits, etc...) so I'm sure they'd be willing to work with you.

Again, great people. John there is one of the head instructors for the local BMW club's car control clinics, and their racing school.