The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Police experience (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13095)

petesvx2 09-10-2003 10:34 AM

Police experience

On my way to school yesterday evening, I was driving maybe a little faster than I should have been. Then from oncoming traffic I see a police car coming towards me, then as we pass eachother i see his brake lights come on ...this is the point where i got scared (never had a ticket/accident) *knock on fake wood...anyway, so i see him waaaaay down the road kick his flashy lights on and now i know im screwed so i pull over...and wait...he finally gets up behind me and sits in his car for a good minute before getting out. as he approaches my window i see him with a confused look on his face like what the hell kinda car is this? haha well to make a long story short, he had another emergency he had to attend, so he told me to keep the speed down for him. Not only did that happen last night, but I got out of class 2 hours early :) professor was really cool!:cool:

svx_commuter 09-10-2003 01:06 PM

So did you get to do a little speeding on the way home???? :D

Maybe you'll run into him again and be able to tell him about the SVX. You know, at the donut shop or gas station but not on the road. :D

SHISVX 09-10-2003 01:37 PM

i got stopped once with the svx...and the officer and i had about a 20 minute convo about the car...then he told me i should get home, because it was late and i still had about 30 minutes to get home. i asked him if he wanted my liscence or anything...and he just asked me if i had one...

Kelli

Subafreak 09-10-2003 08:17 PM

I think you have a little something else on your side Kelli. My wife has flirted her way out of like 5 tickets since I'v known her and now one of her freinds works dispatch at the local police station so whenever she hears the name come over the radio she tells the cop to let her go, plus my wife works at the donut shop so she knows half the cops anyway. I don't think she'll ever get a ticket around here. As for me, well my dad works for the CT. state police, that was good for getting out of one serious ticket so far.

petesvx2 09-10-2003 08:50 PM

He was a CT trooper :) Thats what im gonna be after school's all done and over with, for now working on the EMT so i can work doing that.

Subafreak 09-10-2003 08:53 PM

Sounds like a good carear path, at least you can speed "legaly".
You think they'l let you throw a light bar on the SVX and use it for patrol.

petesvx2 09-10-2003 09:12 PM

idk lol but that would be SWEET!:D

Jamsvx 09-11-2003 09:43 PM

Like the second series of photos on this page??

http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx2/futuresvx.html

Nee naaa neee naaa nee naaaa

:D

Motorsport-SVX 09-12-2003 12:14 AM

doh

I had an almost similar situation last sunday early
morning...
treated it a little different, I sorta took off a little faster
(he had to wait for a bunch of cars to pass before he could make the U turn)
so I took the opportunity to take the next left turn thru
a neighborhood and not look back.
I few lefts and rights and I was in the clear.......whew!
he never had his lights on, but I had a pretty good feeling
I was the reason for his abrupt U turn.....
so kids, never run from the cops....
I just took a longer way home......haha

ou2mame 09-12-2003 12:41 AM

i got pulled over for doing 90 in a 30, in a construction zone... the cop came to the window and asked for my license... first thing i said was please don't give me a ticket, i know i'm a ****up. anyway, me and my friend brennen were sitting there, and i said "you think i should cry?" he was like "dunno, you'll make an ass out of yourself.." so when the cop came back i made myself cry, and he let us go with just a ticket for my cracked windshield...