The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   what model do I have? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106)

249SVX 03-15-2001 11:42 PM

Hello, i have a question about my 92 SVX. It's AWD, has leather interior, cruise, power seat, window,mirrors(which are heated), doorlock, moonroof, antenae(i guess they all have that though). It has the factory radio and cd player(works awesome!!). it also has ABS.
Which package do I have?

thanks

wasions 03-15-2001 11:56 PM

I'm guessing Lsi

If they went back that far.

Steve

nubs 03-16-2001 03:06 AM

From Lebanon PA

Hi 249SVX, your 92 is probably an lsl like mine,I see you live in Lebanon Pa, so do I, lets hook up sometime.Did you just get your SVX? I see a few of them around here every once in a while.

Mike

svxxx26 03-16-2001 06:44 AM

From your description, you have an LS-L.

Aredubjay 03-16-2001 08:18 AM

Confirmed. LS-L. Which indicates the "Touring Package." The absolute "tells" (among others) are the CD player and Moonroof -- also, some things you did not mention: The leather wrapped steering wheel and e-brake lever.

joeaux 03-16-2001 03:59 PM

Look under the right hand seat. If there is a tray (or if the tray is missing, the track for it) it's definitely an LS-L. Means it has the "Touring Package". Later models were called LSi (leather, sunroof, tray, steering is different among other things).
-joe-

Rev Hard 03-16-2001 04:11 PM

Ooooooooooh....

Glad i got in early on the LS-L ...

Know the reason for the name change?

PAUL!

Aredubjay 03-16-2001 04:16 PM

No, tell us, oh wise one. But, if eddycat joins us, be ready to produce some documentation. :)

Rev Hard 03-16-2001 04:26 PM

AreDub...

That was a question. as in "Does anyone know" ok?

PAUL!

Aredubjay 03-16-2001 06:08 PM

Oh, ha!

Oh, I thought you were playing Alex Travek and asking, like, a Jeopardy question. No - I dunno -- Joeaux?

joeaux 03-17-2001 12:45 PM

Well Subaru went through a name changing scheme around this time. Originally most cars had just a letter/number designator (i.e. L, GL, GL-10, etc). Some special cars had a kind of name (in the U.S.) (i.e. I had an XT GL-10 TurboTraction). SVX always had some sort of letter designator to go with it's name. In Japan the original cars were an "E" and "L" model. That's it. More were added later (i.e. S4). In this country they were called LS, LSl (that's a little ell). Whenever you got all the 'goodies' (sunroof, leather, right seat tray, speed sensitive steering, etc), it was called an SVX whatever (LS or LSl) with the "Touring Package". Later Subaru just got tired of all the different setups you could get with the car and made only a couple of models. An LSi (which is what I've got) is bascially SVX with everything you could get. The only options were the wheel locks and the oil sump heater. Everything else was standard on mine (sunroof, leather everything, tray, speed sensitive steering, etc). There is a LOT of debate on all of this. Since there is no one authority on all this you've just got to take all the info and put it together.
-joe-

joeaux 03-17-2001 12:48 PM

As an addendum to that last post of mine. I've had Subaru cars since 1985. Been through many different models (XT, XT GL-10 TurboTraction, 2 Loyale wagons, Legacy, SVX and one of these days WRX). I went through the darn name changing times. It was strange. If you look closely at wagons you see, an 89 GL-10 wagon will have the word "Subaru" in white in the black trim on the side and the "GL-10" in chrome on the back. If you look at a '91 it'll have "Loyale" in white in the black trim on the side and something (a name or number or both) on the back. It was a pain.
-joe-

249SVX 03-17-2001 02:08 PM

Re: From Lebanon PA

Quote:

Originally posted by nubsjr
Hi 249SVX, your 92 is probably an lsl like mine,I see you live in Lebanon Pa, so do I, lets hook up sometime.Did you just get your SVX? I see a few of them around here every once in a while.

Mike

I got mine in August of last year and promptly put 2 trannies in it.:) The only thing it needs now is rear brakes and a cat. I think I might have seen your car at the Waypoint bank at the LVM. A woman was driving it . I work second shift so it will have to be a weekend sometime. Or, maybe we'll catch each other hunting Honda's:)j/k

I read the other replies, and yes I have the tray under the seat. This is the coolest car I've owned since my Galant VR4. Now, if only I could find some way of getting a manual tranny stuffed in it.;)

tober76b 03-21-2001 12:13 AM

tray

<< Look under the right hand seat. If there is a tray (or if the tray is missing, the track for it) it's definitely an LS-L. >>

i've got the tray and the spoiler, but don't have the full leather seats, heated seats/mirrors, or sunroof AND don't think i have the speed sensitive steering.

i'm guessing i have a '92 pearl/black LS (with tray added)
toby

LarryIII 03-21-2001 05:41 AM

I believe you have an LS-L with the touring package. I do not have a '92 so I don't know for sure.

Larry III