The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's September 11th, 2002. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5858)

CopsodyX 09-10-2002 10:04 PM

It's September 11th, 2002.

I ask everyone who reads this to stop what you're doing and just take a minute of silence to mourn the loss of all the people who were brutally murdered that day by the biggest scum in the universe, and pray it doesn't happen again.

Ca$h 09-11-2002 08:33 AM

instead of just remaining silent and praying blindly; I choose to be productive. I'm going to work extremely hard at everything I do today, be extra courteous, and be a better person. I'll try to do that from now on. I think that's a bit more 'useful' way of paying homage.

- Ca$h

Seraph 09-11-2002 08:37 AM

Good call boys.

Aredubjay 09-11-2002 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ca$h
instead of just remaining silent and praying blindly; I choose to be productive. I'm going to work extremely hard at everything I do today, be extra courteous, and be a better person. I'll try to do that from now on. I think that's a bit more 'useful' way of paying homage.

- Ca$h

Words to live by, my man. Words to live by. Thank you for reminding us all. One caveat, I don't pray "blindly." :)

Ca$h 09-11-2002 09:00 AM

Yeah you do. Anyone who prays sorta prays blindly, unless you can somehow 'see' your god. In that case, quit taking acid. :P

- Ca$h

Aredubjay 09-11-2002 09:05 AM

Quote:

Yeah you do. Anyone who prays sorta prays blindly, unless you can somehow 'see' your god. In that case, quit taking acid. :P

- Ca$h

This type of debate needs to remain personal. Let's not waste other people's time with this. Thanks.

Ca$h 09-11-2002 09:25 AM

I see god everytime I walk towards my SVX.

Aredubjay 09-11-2002 10:21 AM

Quote:

- Ca$h

Y'know. Maybe you're right. I've been saying the "Serenity Prayer" for the past few days and it doesn't seem to be working. :D

CopsodyX 09-11-2002 02:46 PM

Ca$h, not to be rude, but you seem very aggressive and arrogant to just about everyone. I know everyone has a right to express their opinion, and I respect that, but, it's an opinion, not fact, and it's not necessary to try to make others feel wrong about their opinions.

Like in a previous board, you expressed your opinion as fact, and someone said something else, and you changed your opinion, then got aggressive about your NEW opinion.

This is totally inappropriate for this thread. I shouldn't have posted this. Just thought maybe it would help in some way.

Anyway, I prayed "blindly" to my god today for a few minutes, and spent the day with my Mom. Tonight, i'm going to a play about Janice Joplin in Manhattan. Then, i'll pray again for a few minutes, and go to sleep. Productive for me, considering...

One more thing, Ca$h...did you lose anyone in those buildings?

Ca$h 09-11-2002 02:55 PM

How was I being rude? Let me ask you one thing: When you 'pray' what do you see? Exactly. You're praying blindly. Like all who pray, and have ever prayed. That's all I'm saying. I think you're trying to take a simple adjective a little too deeply.

- Ca$h

Seraph 09-11-2002 03:06 PM

I am going to be gone for the rest of the day.

Before I leave, thake doug's advice. Don't heat anything up.

Quote:

As we approach a day that will run emotions high, I ask that everyone be extra slow when posting tomorrow.

Read and re-read your responses before you post or better yet, walk away and come back and read again before you post.

Aredubjay 09-11-2002 03:20 PM

Quote:

How was I being rude? Let me ask you one thing: When you 'pray' what do you see? Exactly. You're praying blindly. Like all who pray, and have ever prayed. That's all I'm saying. I think you're trying to take a simple adjective a little too deeply.

- Ca$h

Just because you, personally, don't "see" anything when you pray, doesn't mean "all who pray, and have ever prayed" don't see something. You, one individual, cannot speak for "all who pray, and have ever prayed." Prayer is obviously something you don't like . . . something you don't do . . . and something you know absolutely nothing about, so, why even comment on it. Please, stick with octane and walk away from this thread. I'd really appreciate it.

cxt2001 09-11-2002 03:23 PM

Ca$h were u on the debate team in HS?

I'm just wondering because I have a friend that was in the debate team in my highschool, and from what I read in your post you seem like you'd be in that sort of thing. Don't get me wrong you dont seem like a bad guy at all. But I think that you just come off like a person that likes to argue. Such as when you said "instead of just remaining silent and praying blindly; I choose to be productive." I think that you said that wrong and people took offense to that inferring that we all pray wrong or something. Thats all, but hey...i totally agree with you about the whole octane thing...

Ca$h 09-11-2002 04:44 PM

Look, all I'm saying is that if you want to cry, cry. If you want to pray, pray (blindly I might add, because you aren't SEEING whatever you're praying to). If you feel like doing nothing, do nothing. I feel like contributing a little bit.

Anyway.

:rolleyes:

- Ca$h

PS: No, I wasn't on the debate team in HS, but somehow our math team got away with the name "Math Debators". :)

SVXphile 09-11-2002 05:44 PM

Not seeing

Come to think of it, prayer is a lot like when I use the telephone...

....I don't see the party on the other end, but I know that someone is listening.

;) Don