The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Aftermarket engine parts forsale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46511)

mikecg 10-08-2008 01:54 PM

Aftermarket engine parts forsale

Selling various aftermarket parts.

Forged Eagle Rods = $600.00
Forged CP 8.5:1 Pistons w/ rings = $1000.00
Custom Ground CAMS/Valves/Springs = $1500.00
ECUTune Stage 3 supercharger kit = $5500 (still needs to be removed from car)(includes)
a. Whipple 1600x Supercharger
b. Custom intake manifold
c. Alternator relocation kit
d. 300Z MAF
e. 720cc injectors
f. Belts
g. Aluminum Pulleys
h. ECU With code to run E-85

I dont have the time or money for my project anymore. Everything is up for sale. Pictures coming soon.

SVXRide 10-08-2008 03:10 PM

Re: Aftermarket engine parts forsale

Mike,
are you sure about the CR on those pistons? If they're the ECUTune pistons, I thought they were 8.5:1
-Bill

mikecg 10-09-2008 09:16 AM

I'd have to call mike to make sure. You could be right. For some reason I had 6.5 stuck in my head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 567680)
Mike,
are you sure about the CR on those pistons? If they're the ECUTune pistons, I thought they were 8.5:1
-Bill

TomsSVX 10-09-2008 10:00 AM

yea, they are 8.5

Tom

mikecg 10-16-2008 03:24 PM

bippity bump

mikecg 10-22-2008 01:23 PM

Bumpin it again. Make me offers.

zavikan 10-22-2008 09:11 PM

Forged CP 6.5:1 Pistons w/ rings = $1000.00

I'm sorry, not exactly the post to write this in, but explain me the 'built' concept here (btw, I am in the price market here). Are these needed, or important, for the super charger?

What exactly are the pros/cons of each?

I'm sorry for my ignorance. I think there are probably others who don't know either, but have the cash, and might be convinced, if its explained.

James

mikecg 10-24-2008 09:32 AM

You don't need the pistons,Cams and rods for the supercharger kit. Currently the kit is installed on my car running 9lbs of boost. However, that is the max the factory engine can handle without risking damaging it. The rods and pistons are much stronger than the factory ones. The cams and valves will allow for better flow and increase power.Lowering the compression ratio with the aftermarket pistons also allows you to increase the amount of boost you can run the supercharger at. this will increase the amount of fuel and air you can put into the engine increasing power. My plan was to put together an engine using the new parts and put it into my car. After that I was going to increase the boost of the supercharger from 9lbs to 15lbs and also add a NOS kit. All that said, you could just by the supercharger kit alone and not worry about the rest. The CAMS and valves can be used by them selves also, however if you loose the timimg belt while running them they will get damaged. The rods and pistons I'd recommend using together, however the lowered compression ratio means that the are designed to be used in a boost application. If your not going to use a supercharger or turbo these pistons are not for you. I hope that helps. If you want anymore information please feel free to contact me. Also, all the parts listed here I got from ECUTune.com.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavikan (Post 569928)
Forged CP 6.5:1 Pistons w/ rings = $1000.00

I'm sorry, not exactly the post to write this in, but explain me the 'built' concept here (btw, I am in the price market here). Are these needed, or important, for the super charger?

What exactly are the pros/cons of each?

I'm sorry for my ignorance. I think there are probably others who don't know either, but have the cash, and might be convinced, if its explained.

James

Jefus 10-24-2008 09:40 AM

Actually interestingly enough, I did install the cams and valves but not the pistons and through the timing belt due to a pulley bolt that was torqued wrong. But to the important part. The valves came out of it fine.

mikecg 10-24-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jefus (Post 570058)
Actually interestingly enough, I did install the cams and valves but not the pistons and through the timing belt due to a pulley bolt that was torqued wrong. But to the important part. The valves came out of it fine.

From talking to Mike at ECUTune, you got really lucky. There isnt alot of clearance with the new CAM profiles and valve lengths.

YourConfused 10-26-2008 03:47 PM

What are the specs on the cams and valves? Are the cams re-grinds, valves swirl polished and undercut? And finally are they designed for turbo or super charger applications.

odepaj 10-26-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 570231)
What are the specs on the cams and valves? Are the cams re-grinds, valves swirl polished and undercut? And finally are they designed for turbo or super charger applications.

I dont know the exact specs, but they are designed for FI.

You should be able to find the specs in the old Cam thread.

Dustin

Johnybeas 10-30-2008 10:22 PM

do you still have these?? how many miles were put on them after being installed? or were they installed???

Nevin 10-31-2008 04:41 PM

Mike, just letme know if you'd be interested in this, but any chance you'dbe up for parting out all the stuff for 2v7? So, injectors, MAF, computer... Um, just curious, if you don't want to I understand, but I figure it never hurts to ask!

Johnybeas 11-06-2008 08:04 PM

I think Mike died... jk but i'd really love see about the parts....