The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Interior Mods (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Reverse Glow Gauges Install (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26705)

SilverSpear 06-10-2005 07:42 AM

Reverse Glow Gauges Install

hey guys i just installed them today, but i don't know where to plug the red/black wires for it to glow when the lights are on. any help with pics/comments/instructions guys? pls?

n00b on demand 06-10-2005 08:22 AM

Which ones did you get?

scoobymal 06-11-2005 03:54 AM

I took the live from the red wire on the heated seat switch,this is 12 volts when the lights are on,and is not affected by the dimmer or bright switch,the black wire can go to any earth/bolt mounting.

Mal :)

SilVerXtc 06-12-2005 02:16 PM

I connected my hot wire to the parking light button. I think it was a white wire with red stripe. but not sure. I hooked up the ground to a screw on the metal body behind the steering column. I think it was pretty much straight back behind the parking light button. So both my wires are in the same area. For the hot wire I tested with the lights on and/or parking light on and I took the red wire touched it to each wire on the back of the parking light buttom until my glow gauges lit up when the headlights were turned on or either when the parking light button was pushed. Then I just spliced it into that wire.

SilverSpear 06-12-2005 11:47 PM

i got the one sold currently by MakotoAuto... the thing is great, especially during the night, but when i switch to blue, i hear a low whining noise coming out from the gauges, is that normal guys??? what might be the cause of it?

SilVerXtc 06-13-2005 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
i got the one sold currently by MakotoAuto... the thing is great, especially during the night, but when i switch to blue, i hear a low whining noise coming out from the gauges, is that normal guys??? what might be the cause of it?

I noticed mine whined too when I test fitted them. I don't even notice it now.

SilverSpear 06-13-2005 11:39 PM

mmm, can it be related somehow to Wattage or something.... statics....I dunno :confused:

SilVerXtc 06-14-2005 04:09 AM

I think it is normal. even when I first got them and tested it with a 9v battery they lit up and buzzed.

SilverSpear 06-14-2005 04:30 AM

but the buzzing, oh God, even though when windows are closed and you are cruising during night time, you can hear it very loud... (don't tell me switch on the radio and incease the volume, because i really hate that...)

SilVerXtc 06-14-2005 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
but the buzzing, oh God, even though when windows are closed and you are cruising during night time, you can hear it very loud... (don't tell me switch on the radio and incease the volume, because i really hate that...)

Mine came from dayle at motorsports warehouse. I forget what brand they where. but it was something like auto otto. Yours must be louder than mine because the buzzing doesn't bother me. I don't even notice it unless I try and listen to them.

SilverSpear 06-14-2005 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilVerXtc
Mine came from dayle at motorsports warehouse. I forget what brand they where. but it was something like auto otto. Yours must be louder than mine because the buzzing doesn't bother me. I don't even notice it unless I try and listen to them.

No i guess we have the same brand... but i have younger ears... :D :D , j/k..