The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Codes (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2916)

svxcess 02-27-2002 09:46 AM

Codes

I started up my car last night and for the first time got the "16 blinks of the power light".

I ran the self diagnosis on the tranny for current problems: NONE FOUND. I ran the test for previous problems and got codes 25 (Engine torque control signal) and 31 (throttle sensor)

After completing the checks, starting up was normal, no blinking power light. I started up this morning (cold engine) and all was normal but I stopped to get coffee on the way into work and once again got the blinking power light. Ran the checks once again nd the same code 25 and 31 showed up as "previous problems."

Anyone out there have any info on whay may be the cause of these codes. The most confusing thing is they at one time had to be an EXISTING problem before they became a PREVIOUS problem. This is my first set of tranny codes and as I have said I have no existing problems, according to the test.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Beav 02-27-2002 10:56 AM

If you haven't recently been under the dash fiddling with the wiring I'd disconnect the battery overnight and see if the problem comes back. Sounds like the ECM & TCU may have caught a glitch. Is the alternator been o.k.? Battery terminals clean?

Beav

svxcess 02-27-2002 11:32 AM

I have never been under my dash to fiddle with anything. As far as I know I have the original ECU (without the bead crush)

Alternator is functioning exceptionally well. I have the alternator wiring upgrade and run about 14.1 volts most of the time. All of the battery terminals and connections are immaculate and tight.(Ready for Reading...

Car runs fine; I get about 23.5 mpg so I guess the computer will have to learn my driving style all over again if I disconnect the battery.

Aredubjay 02-27-2002 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
I have never been under my dash to fiddle with anything.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

svxcess 02-27-2002 12:14 PM

Not even to wire the heated seat switch...:p

Beav 02-27-2002 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
I have never been under my dash to fiddle with anything. As far as I know I have the original ECU (without the bead crush)

Alternator is functioning exceptionally well. I have the alternator wiring upgrade and run about 14.1 volts most of the time. All of the battery terminals and connections are immaculate and tight.(Ready for Reading...

Car runs fine; I get about 23.5 mpg so I guess the computer will have to learn my driving style all over again if I disconnect the battery.

Methinks everyone regards 'learning' computers with some vast awe. It's really not that big of a deal and the car will relearn in short order.

Beav