The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reading X dates? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44470)

SVX-FF 04-25-2008 10:45 AM

Reading X dates?

Is there a definite dates on Reading X? John' s hotel are for the 16th, 17th, & 18th. Are these dates set in stone.

If not I would like it to be on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th. That way Reading X starts on my Birthday :D

Steve

svxcess 04-25-2008 11:21 AM

Thursday, April 16th
Friday, April 17th
Saturday, April 18th

These dates were pretty much unanimously agreed upon by most of those attending Reading IX,
as well as expanding it to be a special 3-day event.
Contract initiated and negotiated using this information, so it is essentially
SET IN STONE!

Besides, there would be so much going on, we wouldn't have much time to celebrate your birthday if we changed the date. :lol:

Have your own celebration a week later... just another reason to party! (Of course we could ignite 38 road flares in your honor and not let you have any Asti until you blew them all out.)

Plus, There has already been initial communications with SOA, using these dates, for their possible involvement...:rolleyes:

ensteele 04-25-2008 05:24 PM

We can celebrate it even if it isn't that weekend. ;) :rolleyes: :)

svxfiles 04-25-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 544084)

Thursday, April 16th
Friday, April 17th
Saturday, April 18th

These dates were pretty much unanimously agreed upon by most of those attending Reading IX,
as well as expanding it to be a special 3-day event.
Contract initiated and negotiated using this information, so it is essentially
SET IN STONE!

Besides, there would be so much going on, we wouldn't have much time to celebrate your birthday if we changed the date. :lol:

Have your own celebration a week later... just another reason to party! (Of course we could ignite 38 road flares in your honor and not let you have any Asti until you blew them all out.)

Plus, There has already been initial communications with SOA, using these dates, for their possible involvement...:rolleyes:

Di says,
Its easier to change your birthday, than to change Reading!:p

SVX-FF 04-25-2008 08:08 PM

Due to the importance of Reading X why not make it back to back weekends.

Just think people could have two vacations and not just one. Those that could not make the first weekend can make the second.

I mean let think about OT. If he runs out of Asti on the first weekend he will have time to restock before the second weekend. <-- I'm look'n out for you Tom.

Reading X.1 on the 16th - 18th
Reading x.2 on the 23rd - 25th

WOW NOW I'M EXCITED!!!!

Steve

It's Just Eric 04-25-2008 10:53 PM

My memory is a bit fuzzy, so perhaps why its a thursday -ssunday thing instead of a friday-monday thing has been gone over already, but if not..um..why?:confused:

not like I wont come or anything because of it, but Im just curious

Speedklix 04-25-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 544084)
Thursday, April 16th
Friday, April 17th
Saturday, April 18th

....added to time off calender!

green_eyed_lady 04-26-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric (Post 544210)
My memory is a bit fuzzy, so perhaps why its a thursday -sunday thing instead of a friday-monday thing has been gone over already, but if not..um..why?:confused:

not like I wont come or anything because of it, but Im just curious

I had the same thought. I remember the discussion about 2 days vs. 3, but not thursday-friday-saturday vs. friday-saturday-sunday. I would have preferred to take Monday off.

Maybe I'll just make it FOUR days......:rolleyes:

It will be my longest vacation in 5 years! :D

svxcess 04-26-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady (Post 544276)
I remember the discussion about 2 days vs. 3, but not thursday-friday-saturday vs. friday-saturday-sunday. I would have preferred to take Monday off.

Most of those I talked to seemed to think it would be more difficult to take off at the beginning if the week. and preferred to start a long weekend after only working three days. :)

However, I am sure that I can post a poll and if necessary can have the Holiday Inn change the contract. The poll will be public and should only be open to those who were actually at the last Reading or considering Reading X.

svxcess 04-26-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX-FF (Post 544168)
Due to the importance of Reading X why not make it back to back weekends?

Better yet, a FIVE-DAY READING MEET (Monday through Friday) with weekends at each end. That way you have two whole days to get there so you wont' miss anything, and two days to get home and recover (looking forward to a looooong week ahead) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

600 bottles of Asti, 100 gallons of OJ,... and a $500 hotel bill!

green_eyed_lady 04-26-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 544294)
600 bottles of Asti, 100 gallons of OJ...

Sounds like a Cumberland Autocross mini-meet! :lol:

svxfiles 04-26-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady (Post 544305)
Sounds like a Cumberland Autocross mini-meet! :lol:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!:D

Pushi is awesome!!!

SVX-FF 04-27-2008 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 544294)
Better yet, a FIVE-DAY READING MEET (Monday through Friday) with weekends at each end. That way you have two whole days to get there so you wont' miss anything, and two days to get home and recover (looking forward to a looooong week ahead) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

600 bottles of Asti, 100 gallons of OJ,... and a $500 hotel bill!

Good call old chap. A five day Reading it is!!!!

I will order the tanker truck of Asti and OJ. Premixed

Steve

rvnmaniac 04-27-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 544284)
Most of those I talked to seemed to think it would be more difficult to take off at the beginning if the week. and preferred to start a long weekend after only working three days. :)

However, I am sure that I can post a poll and if necessary can have the Holiday Inn change the contract. The poll will be public and should only be open to those who were actually at the last Reading or considering Reading X.

The Poll sounds like a good idea.....When 3 days were mentioned my thoughts were Fri, Sat, Sun and wake up Monday.......

svxcess 04-27-2008 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX-FF (Post 544413)
Good call old chap. A five day Reading it is!!!!

I will order the tanker truck of Asti and OJ. Premixed

Steve

We're gonna need a lot more than that!