The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Political Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Who would you want for our next president? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33814)

demonsvx 06-21-2006 07:31 PM

Who would you want for our next president?

Ive asked this question at work and got some funny responses. Ill start off with Willie Nelson for President:D You can include V.P. on down to the cabinet if you want just for fun

SubaSteevo 06-21-2006 08:00 PM

Chuck Norris!

With Mickey Mouse as VP

Suby Fan 06-21-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
Chuck Norris!

With Mickey Mouse as VP

Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer... to bad he has never cried

but seriously... I want to go with Michel Moore's old idea... Ophra!

Electrophil 06-22-2006 11:29 PM

Lucille Ball.

No wait... We have the male version as president now.

George Carlin, with Chris Rock as Secretary of Defense. That would be good for a laugh, and they can't do any worse than what's going on now.

Royal Tiger 06-23-2006 09:05 AM

I can see this thread as a futile effort. I'm assuming then you weren't looking for real answers. And mentioning michael moore means you have to trade your SVX for a ride in the little yellow bus.

Suby Fan 06-23-2006 10:31 AM

why do you have to attack me? i had the best idea on this thread and i was giving credit where credit is due... i mean who wouldnt vote for ophra?

SubaSteevo 06-23-2006 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suby Fan
why do you have to attack me? i had the best idea on this thread and i was giving credit where credit is due... i mean who wouldnt vote for ophra?

Me!

That would be one more step towards a dictatorship. I mean she already tells half the US what books to read, if she was president she'd be telling everyone what books they can't read.

Suby Fan 06-23-2006 10:55 AM

oh yeah we all know she is such a commi

Royal Tiger 06-23-2006 12:13 PM

You violated rule #2, you're not allowed to mention michael "I make up things up as I go" moore. Rule #1 is you can't use the 'F" word; ford.

demonsvx 06-23-2006 12:30 PM

Anybody would be better than what we have now. Even Al Gore doesnt look as bad as our current president. Watch Bush at any speech and he jumbles phrases to where HE doesnt even understand what he is saying:rolleyes: Also why does he DICTATE what he can do to the rest of the world and expects every country to bow down to him and they refuse?

dcarrb 06-23-2006 12:42 PM

Here's hoping it comes down to Hillary Clinton versus Condoleeza Rice for president. I chuckle just thinking what a bug-up-the-butt that would be for the arch-right, lily-white good ol' boys.

dcb

lhopp77 06-23-2006 12:48 PM

Really??

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb
Here's hoping it comes down to Hillary Clinton versus Condoleeza Rice for president. I chuckle just thinking what a bug-up-the-butt that would be for the arch-right, lily-white good ol' boys.

dcb

I seriously doubt that they would think twice about it. It would be no contest. I think you do not understand the right or even far right--Rice would win easily. You seem to confuse Right Conservatives with Skinhead/Nazis--which is a total misconception. It would be the same as me saying that the far left liberals are all commies--not that they miss it by much, but it is still not a correct characterization.

Oh, before you assume that I know nothing about the South---I lived in GA for 20 years off and on.

Lee

dcarrb 06-23-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77
I think you do not understand the right or even far right--Rice would win easily. You seem to confuse Right Conservatives with Skinhead/Nazis--which is a total misconception.

Fact is, I was raised in an exceedingly conservative environment and still come down on the right side of many issues. And I know of none into ugly extremism but plenty who would be worked into quite a foamy lather if they had to choose between a liberal white and conservative black woman for president. And I guarantee such sentiment would defy regional boundaries.

dcb

Suby Fan 06-23-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger
You violated rule #2, you're not allowed to mention michael "I make up things up as I go" moore. Rule #1 is you can't use the 'F" word; ford.

here is one link read though it...
http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-fi...ndex.php?id=16

SubaSteevo 06-23-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger

Michael Moore does not make his information up. Is he deceptive? Yes. Is he sneaky? Yes. Does he manipulate information and take it out of context? Yes. But he doesn't make it up.

Noone who supports Bush should be calling him a liar, because Bush does the same thing and just as often (if not more so), and both have made careers of it.

I personally don't like either of them.