The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Oh No!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12224)

elninoalex 07-26-2003 11:25 AM

Oh No!!!

My brother, who lives like 10 minutes from me, said he saw my car parked outside his house. So he went out to find me when he saw a huge yellow spoiler on the back. THERE'S ANOTHER FRICKIN YELLOW SVX IN BEAVERTON!!! I only see about one SVX a month on the road, and there has to be another yellow one around. LAME! Oh well, that's just another reason to have it painted.

Stephen(digging through garage looking for paint gun)

ensteele 07-26-2003 11:31 AM

That's why the police have been watching you so close! :D

Pure_Insanity8 07-26-2003 12:35 PM

That's pretty weird, dude. Someone is trying to copy you! Find out who the guy is, and watch to see if he changes color after you do.:D :D :D

-edit: Color chnage in reference to the SVXi... not you.:D

elninoalex 07-26-2003 02:20 PM

I have a feeling it was a guy who works at the paint shop that painted my car. He was enamored with it and had to hear all the details from me about it. He used to have a yellow Civic hatchback. My brother's description of the guy even fits. At least he didn't steal mine.:D

I was pondering holding off until next fall to paint it, but I don't think that's a possibility anymore, in light of recent events. Probably the teal, but I still haven't ruled out a burgundy or Metallic charcoal gray. I really like the color of Dayle's Soarer.

Stephen

Subafreak 07-26-2003 06:04 PM

Do the grey, I would like to see an SVX that color, I think it would look awsome.

Rotorflyr 07-27-2003 02:04 AM

Out of curiosity, does any one have or has anyone seen an SVX in the Mystichrome paint?

NomadTW 07-27-2003 02:10 AM

ewwww multichromatic paint, that stuff is horrible
and if somethign happens to part of it you have to repaint the ENTIRE car cause it won't match...

anyway

what abotu electric green metalic the ford mustang color it's beautiful, perhaps the most beautiful car color i've ever seen, but i'm kinda partial to green

Rotorflyr 07-27-2003 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NomadTW
ewwww multichromatic paint, that stuff is horrible
and if somethign happens to part of it you have to repaint the ENTIRE

Didn't say I'd want it, just curious if anyone has it or has seen it;) , I have seen it on a few "show" cars and on some it looked pretty cool........:D

grnSVX96 07-27-2003 05:03 AM

colour change

I wonder which colour SVX car has been resprayed over the most..I currently have a Green Mica which I luuvv but after owning it for a couple of weeks [if I had the bling bling..] it would be great to pick up a tired beast that was mechanically sound and do the colour change as i think Stephen/Elnino's yellow SVX looks awesome...nearly gives the car a compltetly different look...and with gull wing doors ..Crikey !!

Just a thought ..on your 'Yella" Stephen did you consider with yellow doing the black roof boot spoiler...with the glasshouse the car would nearly look at first glance like a convertible:eek:

Just a thouht

David [check my locker for Teal/Green Mica/er Polo ..ok green];)

elninoalex 07-27-2003 09:02 AM

Electric Green Metallic? I can't do that. My buddy had his RX-7 painted that color. That and it doesn't really turn me on. I like the British Racing Green, which is almost the same thing. Go figure. Must be the Ford thing.

I actually considered painting it black from the bumpers down. I don't like the black roofs on any color SVX except black.

As for multichromatic, it sounds difficult. And I will probably be shooting it myself.

Stephen

Zeppelin 07-27-2003 09:50 AM

If I was keeping my SVX, I was planning on painting it Ford "grabber blue".. Now that's a sweet color!

Aredubjay 07-27-2003 12:25 PM

Check out Jamsvx locker for his charcoal car. Since it's a *stock* color in Europe, I'd recommend it . . . as soon as possible. Not that I have anything against YELLOW --- AAARRRGGGHHH! ;) :D

ensteele 07-27-2003 04:12 PM

No, but do you have Anything Good to say about Yellow? :)

Aredubjay 07-28-2003 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
No, but do you have Anything Good to say about Yellow? :)

It looks good on bananas and lemons. :D:D:D

elninoalex 07-28-2003 09:44 AM

Jams charcoal looks a little too dark for me, almost like black.

BTW Randy, after I sand off the yellow paint, would you like me to ship the dust to you so you can torture it?:D

Stephen