The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX hauling capacity / extra downforce (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15268)

Landshark 12-27-2003 12:25 PM

SVX hauling capacity / extra downforce

1 Attachment(s)
who says the SVX can't haul big loads?

i may be a knucklehead, but i'm a crafty knucklehead. :rolleyes: :D

Landshark 12-27-2003 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another angle of the aerodynamic hauler. :D

NikFu S. 12-27-2003 01:36 PM

awesome. do i hold the record for hauling a crappy dodge stealth? i pushed a baretta up a hill recently too. ;)

Landshark 12-27-2003 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.
awesome. do i hold the record for hauling a crappy dodge stealth? i pushed a baretta up a hill recently too. ;)
your transmission will be jumping out of the car any minute now.....

NikFu S. 12-27-2003 04:10 PM

trust me ill be ready.

tho i dont think it will.
F.A.T.S says it just needs a flush.

Green1995SVX 12-27-2003 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
another angle of the aerodynamic hauler. :D
UMM... Alan... maybe you should be spending your time washing that car and not shopping at Sears... :(

Mike

JLittell 12-27-2003 04:22 PM

Oh yeah!!

I can get at least 30 bodies in my trunk! :D

Landshark 12-27-2003 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

UMM... Alan... maybe you should be spending your time washing that car and not shopping at Sears... :(

Mike

i knew i'd get that. cars get dirty when they aren't GARAGE QUEENS! it gets a bath tomorrow. 45 degrees - i'll be wearing shorts! :)

GreenMarine 12-29-2003 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.
Hehehe, two years ago I pulled a Toyoya Tacoma outta a ditch:D :D :cool: :p :cool: It was great... All the guys there thought I was on crack, " Common man, a sports car isn't gonna help here" is what they were saying... I said give me a chance... They hooked it up and I pulled him right out!!!! Hehehehe, There were so many open mouths after that... They were amazed that a sports car could do that... HEhehe It was great!!!

mikecg 12-29-2003 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Hehehe, two years ago I pulled a Toyoya Tacoma outta a ditch:D :D :cool: :p :cool: It was great... All the guys there thought I was on crack, " Common man, a sports car isn't gonna help here" is what they were saying... I said give me a chance... They hooked it up and I pulled him right out!!!! Hehehehe, There were so many open mouths after that... They were amazed that a sports car could do that... HEhehe It was great!!!

Now if you went through the ditch after pulling him out, then I'd be impressed.

svxfiles 12-31-2003 11:11 PM

aerodynamics

Alan, is that a Tennessee air brake?

seasvx 01-01-2004 09:34 AM

...another case against the need for suv's. congratulations on your new.. umm.. tablesaw. (or whatever)

mark10t 01-01-2004 11:22 AM

After having built a new house over the past two years, (I played general contractor), I can truthfully state that you can carry 16 10' 2x6's inside the SVX with the rear seat(s) folded down and still close the trunk lid (!!)

It was my trusty 'default' 'truck' during construction. (Helped to have the all-wheel-drive during the 'muddy driveway' stage, too.) Since then, though, we've 'inherited' my deceased father-in-law's 'beaten' '95 Ford F150, so the SVX doesn't have to do 'double-duty' anymore.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS (AND GALS)!!

-Mark

SubaSteevo 01-01-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
Oh yeah!!

I can get at least 30 bodies in my trunk! :D

So can I, that's what wood chippers are for :D

Landshark 01-01-2004 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by seasvx
...another case against the need for suv's. congratulations on your new.. umm.. tablesaw. (or whatever)
that was a rolling tool cart with a built in power strip and a place to put battery chargers for cordless tools. :) toys are cool.