The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   MOD Mania (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   would they work? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18093)

phlash 04-19-2004 01:26 PM

would they work?

alright a guy around be is selling some rims along with tires. i wanted youu guys to tell me if they would fit...
18 x 7.5 Exel Daytona wheels with 225/40/18 Ventus HRII Tires
Offset is 45

they are for $750 and the tires that are included have 85% tred left.

so would they work?

AFBeefcake 04-19-2004 01:40 PM

I think the off set is a little low for a 7.5" wide rim.

I have 18 X 7 with a 43 off set and there close to the fender in the rear.

SVX10 04-20-2004 08:51 AM

They'll be fine

I'm running 18x8 Konigs with a 45mm offset and 225/40 tires all around. Also have K&B springs that drop the car about 1" I believe. Not much room in there, but no problems at all. I also had to get some adapter rings (thanks Todd ;)) to match the wheel's center bore to the SVX's hub diameter. You might look into those if you haven't yet.

-Mat

phlash 04-20-2004 09:32 AM

Re: They'll be fine

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX10
I'm running 18x8 Konigs with a 45mm offset and 225/40 tires all around. Also have K&B springs that drop the car about 1" I believe. Not much room in there, but no problems at all. I also had to get some adapter rings (thanks Todd ;)) to match the wheel's center bore to the SVX's hub diameter. You might look into those if you haven't yet.

-Mat

i am a nub so what the hell are adapter rings

SVX10 04-20-2004 01:46 PM

I'll give it my best shot

At the center of the wheel you will buy, there is a hole where the hub (small domed protrusion from the center of your rotor) sits. In most aftermarket wheels, the diameter of this hole is larger than the diameter of the SVX hub. So, when the wheel is mounted onto the car and the hub goes into the hole, there is no contact between the hub and the wheel. To fix this, you buy a small ring that has an inner diameter equal to the diameter of the hub, and an outer diamter equal to the diameter of the hole in the center of the wheel. You put the ring on the hub, and then when you put the wheel on, it locates itself by sitting on the ring. This is called a hub-centric wheel. Hub-centric wheels are usually smoother riding (I think) than lug-centric wheels (wheels that don't contact the hub in any way and are located only by the lugs). That's what the adapter rings do.

wawazat?? 04-20-2004 03:01 PM

What Mat said

and here's a picture of one on my wheel.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...3F%3F/1843.jpg

Todd

phlash 04-20-2004 07:39 PM

thanks alot wawazat?? and SVX10...i think im a little less of an aftermarket rim virgin.

jklmnopqrst 04-20-2004 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Phlash: Yes, those rims that you described will fit the SVX like a glove (or a sock). Try looking on eBay for rim and tire packages and you will find some great deals. However, before you purchase anything, be sure you know all the specs on the wheels.

I just bought a set of 18x8 rims mounted on 245/40 tires off of eBay and they may or may not fit my SVX. The reason I think they will not fit is because the rims have a 38 mm offset. They will arive at my door on Friday and I'm just praying that I may be able to squeeze them onto my car (I'm sure it'll be a tight fit). I've attached a pic of my wheels. what do you think?

NomadTW 04-20-2004 11:27 PM

jklmnopqrst: wow those are REALLY nice, how much do they weigh?
i could see those looking really sharp on an svx

phlash 04-21-2004 07:58 AM

nice

jklmnopqrst: those look pretty damn nice. i am trying to get some rims through one of my bosses because he said that he has a hook up for wheels, however when i told him that i wanted some that were gunmetal or hyperblack he was wondering why the heck i didnt want to have some chrome wheels. but we will see. and one of my friends is going to be working at a tire place this summer so i am hopping to get some discounted tires.
so i wish you and your wheels luck.

SVX10 04-21-2004 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by phlash
and SVX10...i think im a little less of an aftermarket rim virgin.
ummmm, whatever that means, I hope it's a good thing :D

jklmnopqrst 04-21-2004 02:24 PM

I don't know how much the rims weigh specifically, but I do know that the rims AND tires weigh 55 lbs collectively. I'll post some more pics of the wheels on my car (assuming they fit) when they arrive this weekend.

I appreciate the compliments, guys. I like them too!!

phlash 04-21-2004 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX10

ummmm, whatever that means, I hope it's a good thing :D

oh i hope so too;) ;) :D

drivemusicnow 04-21-2004 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jklmnopqrst
I don't know how much the rims weigh specifically, but I do know that the rims AND tires weigh 55 lbs collectively. I'll post some more pics of the wheels on my car (assuming they fit) when they arrive this weekend.

I appreciate the compliments, guys. I like them too!!

are you serious???? thats rediculously light... good find if those fit

Subafreak 04-23-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by drivemusicnow

are you serious???? thats rediculously light... good find if those fit

I agree, very cool, I love thoes wheels what are they?