The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The GOVENATOR (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13635)

svx_commuter 10-08-2003 09:33 AM

The GOVENATOR

:D

Landshark 10-08-2003 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"Ahl be bahk to pump California up!" :D

MartyMcFly 10-08-2003 10:38 AM

hmmm...crazy, isn't it?

The Terminator = Govenator!

I live about 30 km away of his hometown :)

Schwarzenegger was on TV nearly every day in Austria last time.

I wish him all the best with his "new" job.

mfg hrc

SHISVX 10-08-2003 12:33 PM

he told us he'd be back

Mr. Pockets 10-08-2003 12:36 PM

Has anybody here seen 'Demolition Man?' It's one of my guilty pleasure movies. I just think it's really funny.

Anyway, this movie was released in 1993. In it, they talk about Arnold becoming president after being California's governor and the passing of a constitutional amendment allowing naturlized citizens the right to run for the office.

Now all we need is for Taco Bell to win 'the franchise wars.' :D

Anyway, I have Demolition Man on disc...I'll have to watch it... :D

Chicane 10-08-2003 01:17 PM

I have a soft spot for that movie also. Something about Stallone wanting to start 'knitting' just makes it so funny. That and "Enhance your calm". Bhahahahaha.

Mr. Pockets, if you really like that movie, you should purchase an old 3DO entertainment system. They had a demolition man game, and it was actually, surprisingly, quite good.

You started out and it was like a shoot em pu game, kinda like Time Cop or Duck Hunter, and you blew your way into where Wesley Snipes was. Then, it was a side view fighting game, and you had to beat up Snipes and put him in jail. Then it showed some clips from the movie, and you were in the future. It's a really cool game just because it has so many different types of games in it, at one point, its a FPS, and you're int he tunnels/sewers trying to find him. At another point, you're driving that Old 442 through the streets at high speed. And at the end... oh man. :)

- Rob

JLittell 10-08-2003 02:42 PM

California...The only place where a movie star would be governor. Great! More exciting stuff to read about in People Magazine!:(

I really hope he makes a big difference...What a joke if he doesn't!

JLittell 10-08-2003 02:43 PM

Would he need his own bodyguard??:D

Aredubjay 10-08-2003 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Has anybody here seen 'Demolition Man?' It's one of my guilty pleasure movies. I just think it's really funny.

Anyway, this movie was released in 1993. In it, they talk about Arnold becoming president after being California's governor and the passing of a constitutional amendment allowing naturlized citizens the right to run for the office.

Now all we need is for Taco Bell to win 'the franchise wars.' :D

Anyway, I have Demolition Man on disc...I'll have to watch it... :D

I love it when Sandra Bullock answers the phone and goes through the usuall stuff, then says, "If you'd like to hear an automated voice, press one." :D

Mr. Pockets 10-08-2003 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I love it when Sandra Bullock answers the phone and goes through the usuall stuff, then says, "If you'd like to hear an automated voice, press one." :D

I don't remember that one...now I'll have to watch it...

thumper_svx 10-08-2003 05:12 PM

That wasn't the lovely Ms. Bullock... that was Rob Schneider who did that... sort of as an aside. That movie was full of little classics like that... little jabs and comments that just made that movie for me. The actual movie itself was enjoyable, and though not the best was definitely one of Sly's best (with the possible exception of Oscar...)

I have lots of these movies I consider guilty pleasures... :)