The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stolen parts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60811)

bishop 10-30-2012 12:47 AM

Stolen parts

My QC was delivered on the 26th while i was on vacation unfortunately, i've already talked to the post office to make sure it was delivered to the right address and thats all correct.

I'm here to ask my fellow suby lovers to keep an eye out on Craigslist and Ebay for the QC in question, its not to common so if you see it and know its not someone on here its probably mine.

Just a note is that i live in Salem, OR so hopefully it hasnt gone to far from that area.

Wikedjuggalo 11-02-2012 08:18 AM

Re: Stolen parts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop (Post 714821)
My QC was delivered on the 26th while i was on vacation unfortunately, i've already talked to the post office to make sure it was delivered to the right address and thats all correct.

I'm here to ask my fellow suby lovers to keep an eye out on Craigslist and Ebay for the QC in question, its not to common so if you see it and know its not someone on here its probably mine.

Just a note is that i live in Salem, OR so hopefully it hasnt gone to far from that area.

I'll keep an eye out for it.

svxcess 11-02-2012 09:57 AM

Don't always believe the post office.

I ordered an oil filler cap from ebay last month, with a tracking number fom the seller.

When I checked online, it said my package was delivered, but I never received it. Checked with the neighbors for a mis-delivery, no luck.

I called the post office and they also showed it as being delivered, but would check further with my carrier. They found it the next day on the truck. It was a small package and somehow was overlooked or got lost. The box only measured about 4" square

I still don't know what they scanned and marked as "delivered". I had another item "delivered", that showed up a week late and was at the post office.

Was the QC kit in a small package? Has there been a history of mail theft in your area?

bishop 11-02-2012 10:57 AM

i live out in the country so its rare but there have been a few cases of things being stolen, we even had someone in out front yard looking into our car while we were home. I've spoken with the post office but out here all mail delivery is done in peoples own cars and the driver described where she dropped it off.

thanks wikedjuggalo.

dannmarr 11-02-2012 01:31 PM

Sometimes carriers scan it delivered when they load it on the truck. But if the day gets busy, it may still be on the truck. Call them to check.

bishop 11-02-2012 10:52 PM

ill check again.

bwb3 11-03-2012 07:18 AM

Same experience with me. Scanned when it went on the truck but, was delivered 2 days late after I inquired. They said delivered only means to the post office in your area.
Gene

dannmarr 11-03-2012 10:12 AM

UPS automatically adds insurance to their packages. USPS does not. You have to request it. I always add it because I've been burned too many times.
Hope you find it!

bwb3 11-04-2012 07:09 AM

Another thought. Was it shipped from Australia? In my business, I import from Australia and the post office requires that I sign for the package. If I am not home, they take it back to the P.O. but usually leave a notice.
Gene

smc 11-04-2012 09:46 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a QC exactly so I can keep an eye out for it?

svxcess 11-04-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smc (Post 715056)
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a QC exactly so I can keep an eye out for it?

It's a small electronic module that taps into the TCU wiring and eliminates the slow shifts and loss of power between shifts that are part of the tuning associated with our SVX.

Looks like this:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/a21e2301.jpg

More information HERE

Green1995SVX 11-05-2012 06:57 PM

I have had several rough experiences with our country's amazing postal service, but here are a couple which may pertain to your situation.

I was expecting a package. It never showed up, and I tracked it. It was marked as delivered, however I was sitting at home waiting for it all day. The mail man even came and i specifically asked him if he had any parcels for me. Nothing. Then it showed up two days later.

The other story is almost exactly the same, but instead of it showing up 2 days later, it showed up over a year later! Extremely beat up and in a zip-lock bag with a photo copied note from the post office that they found it somewhere.

bishop 11-05-2012 08:01 PM

I'll talk to them again tomorrow, i actually wouldnt be to surprised about this, our small town post office isnt the best as far as customer service.

bishop 11-24-2012 04:49 PM

I worked out a deal with oab_au for a replacement unit, he and Budfreak are great guys to work with and i cant recommend them enough, everybody go get your quick change from these guys.

dannmarr 11-24-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop (Post 716172)
I worked out a deal with oab_au for a replacement unit, he and Budfreak are great guys to work with and i cant recommend them enough, everybody go get your quick change from these guys.

Best thing I've done to my SVX - I got my 4.44 trans from Budfreak and the quick change from Oab-au. They are very nice guys!