The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ****ing thieves. :( (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48594)

intellibomb 01-12-2009 11:46 AM

****ing thieves. :(

well folks,
i am sad to report that my 92 pearlie has been stolen.

parked overnight in a "safe" parking lot in the my small hometown in Auburn, CA.

FRUCKERS!

the car was locked.

no glass was on the ground.
professionals,,, it is probably long stripped of her fresh engine, 2002 wrx transmission + stage 1 clutch, AllWellDrive sti mounts, (less than 1 month installed, all work by me:() and other goodies (including my subs, stereo, SKATEBOARD AND SHOES AND VIDEO CAMERA!
****!

well, sucks for me, but im not losing any sleep. and while i am very disturbed about being ripped off, the bottome line is that nowhere is truly "safe" and that it IS worth investing into full coverage for our babies (which i did not have),

do not worry, fellow svxers, i will be back... :)

GET A LOWJACK!

bheinen74 01-12-2009 11:50 AM

Re: ****ing thieves. :(

sad.
maybe it got towed and not stolen
either way, hope it gets found, and the person responsible gets beaten on with a few tire irons,

Wikedjuggalo 01-12-2009 12:08 PM

Man that sucks... I hope somehow ya get it back. We can keep an eye out for SVX parts showing up on ebay in California.

evilsvx 01-12-2009 12:37 PM

that sucks man. hope they get cought

intellibomb 01-12-2009 01:47 PM

ya i hope they catch the bastards.

i got a police report and everything... but that doesnt mean much, other than i know that they didnt tow it :(.

keep an eye out for these on ebay out of the sacramento area:

17" koenig rims w/nankang tires (7 spoke gunmetal)
silver-painted engine (spraypaint)
2002 wrx tranny
3" exhaust
exedy stage 1 clutch (less than 2K miles)
used front rotors (drilled)
sti motor mounts

the part that sucks the most is that i just got it running tits .... new motor, new clutch new motor mounts... new kick in the pants....
i didnt even get to thrash it :(
ohhhh well... it happened the night of saturday 1/10........
we shall see if anything turns up.

ya it sucks but its a lesson for sure: dont believe that just because its a small town that bad things wont happen.

Freeman 01-12-2009 02:19 PM

How would one get lojack anyway? Are there payments?

SoCal LS-L 01-12-2009 02:32 PM

Well we will all just have to keep an eye out, and keep updating this post so we can keep refreshed on those parts you listed. We'll get em!! You cant hide an SVX for too long....

tiv0 01-12-2009 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=SoCal You cant hide an SVX for too long....[/QUOTE]

isnt that the truth...

very sorry to hear
hope that somehow this can all work out for you

mysvxrocks 01-12-2009 03:15 PM

Im sorry man... :(:(

I hope everything turns out ok, and that your baby isnt torn to pieces... Best of luck to you, and I hope someone gets those bastards!!!

SubaruSVXCrazy 01-12-2009 03:20 PM

Ohh man sorry to hear that. That sucks, good luck finding it. :(

intellibomb 01-13-2009 03:41 AM

im hoping that it was just some drunk ****s.... cuz like you said, they cant hide an svx for too long, and most parts are only useful for an svx......

im not counting on seeing her again, but i dearly hope she turns up....

thanks for the support....

ironically, i am not even that mad about this. im definitely not happy, it sucks for sure,
but at this point getting upset is useless, and would let the jackers really win...

i have opted to just let the universe decide what is gonna happen and not worry too much. luckily i am in a position where i am not totally dependent on my car to live... so life goes on. i just hope i get my baby back in one piece, or at least the killers of her get justice. as for me, if i dont get her back, i will stil aquire another svx and get on with my life :)

thanks again for the support, and take it from me, dont just park your baby in some parking lot :)

subbieatnz 01-13-2009 04:08 AM

Thats horrible to find out :mad:
I hope it gets recorved soon all complete and not to damaged...
I hate it when people steal stuff that does not belong to them.

SilverSpear 01-13-2009 04:16 AM

Tough luck man, hope you get her back :(

I also got robbed a week ago, someone stole my 1 month old $500 Samsung Omnia :(

Hondasucks 01-14-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intellibomb (Post 581789)
well folks,
i am sad to report that my 92 pearlie has been stolen.

parked overnight in a "safe" parking lot in the my small hometown in Auburn, CA.

How old are you? I lived in Auburn from 87-95... Haven't been back there since 2001, would be some wild crap if you and I went to school together or something.

I sure hope they find it! We Subaru people are a tight knit bunch, you might want to post this w/ some pics on Nasioc and over at the USMB, people off both of those boards have had cars recovered via other forum members, etc... would be worth a try. SVXes are rare enough, rarer still with a 5 speed, I'm surprised it got stolen...

stiguy 01-14-2009 02:17 AM

you got any pic's of it?? i'll really keep my eye out for it as i live in citrus heights / roseville, and if i do see one i'll follow it and see if its a manuel... any more features from the out side of the car??