The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   For Sale: 92 LS-L in NJ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40488)

SubaSteevo 08-27-2007 11:52 AM

For Sale: 92 LS-L in NJ

Now that I have the new car I don't really have the space or need for the SVX. I purchased the car back in 2002 from the original owner. It runs just fine, but has a few easily fixed imperfections (I say they add character!). I am flexible on the price, but low-ballers won't get the extra parts.

State SVX is in: New Jersey

Year: 1992

Model: SVX LS-L

Color: Blue

Miles: ~115k

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: Aluminum dash kit. Clarion MP3 head unit with componet front speakers & kicker 6x9s. Has ECU Tune Stage 1v4 & K&N filter, but not currently installed.

Maintenance Records: Most are available. I can verify repairs for the records I don't have, but lost the mileage and date records in a computer failure.

Transmission condition: Rebuilt approximately 5yrs/35k ago, still shifts fine

Glass condition: Excellent

Type of tire and remaining tread: Two sets: Yokohama Avid V4's w/about 70% tread on stock wheels (one tire has been plugged), Dunlop SP Sport A2s w/about 5% tread on black-painted stock wheels

Interior condition: Great

Body condition: Poor/Fair: no dents, no rust, and only a handful of door dings, but the paint is about what you would expect from an amatuer

Known defects or problems: Rotors and wheel bearings need to be replaced, minor leak from cam seals, a few interior rattles

Asking price: $2700

Other: Has full set of factory service manuals, various spare parts (calipers, interior bits, TCU&ECU, etc), upgraded stereo&speakers, and other random goodies

Pictures to follow

SubaSteevo 08-27-2007 12:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic taken right after I finished the paint job and a picture of the dash. It still looks pretty much the same but I will be taking new pictures in a couple of days.

SVXyGirl 08-27-2007 01:19 PM

I love the dash. Good luck with the sale.:)

ensteele 08-27-2007 05:57 PM

That is a nice blue. What color is it? Laguna? :)

Nomake Wan 08-27-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
That is a nice blue. What color is it? Laguna? :)

Custom blue. :)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...850#post308850

SubaSteevo 08-27-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomake Wan

Yup, the official name of it is "Ultra Blue." It's most similar to the bright blue used on the Subaru Rally car, but it has a metallic flake to the paint.

The color is beautiful, and had it been a professional job, I'd say it'd be the nicest SVX I've seen. Unfortunately it was my first attempt at painting so there are differences in the reflectiveness of the clear coat, a few minor paint runs, and slight variance in the shades of blue. I also did not paint the door jambs or under the hood.

If you are looking for something that will will make people say "Wow!", this is not the car for you (at least not without a little work). However, if you are looking for a relatively low mileage 92 that runs well at a fair price, this car would be perfect.

94SubieSVX 08-27-2007 10:50 PM

You don't need to sell it, you need to bring it to the shore meet:p :cool:

SubaSteevo 08-28-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94SubieSVX
You don't need to sell it, you need to bring it to the shore meet:p :cool:

It'll be there (and maybe the new owner too if all goes well!)

SVXtacy 08-28-2007 11:43 AM

Where were you 2 weeks ago :confused: I gave up on finding an SVX and just ordered a few parts for my All-Trac. How far away are you from Clifton/Paterson?

SubaSteevo 08-28-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXtacy
Where were you 2 weeks ago :confused: I gave up on finding an SVX and just ordered a few parts for my All-Trac. How far away are you from Clifton/Paterson?

Two weeks ago I was replacing the o2 and knock sensors to make sure it was running perfectly for the next owner :p

I'm located about an hour west (if I'm in Clinton), or an hour and 15 minutes south if I'm in Lawrenceville (I'm usually in Lawrenceville). I'll actually be in Denville this evening or tomorrow night, so if you'd like to see it let me know asap and I'll try to work my schedule around.

SubaSteevo 08-28-2007 06:10 PM

For those who are interested:

Here are more pics

SubaSteevo 08-31-2007 07:08 AM

Still available, if you are interested let me know soon before I post it on Craigslist so you have first dibs.

SubaSteevo 09-05-2007 01:20 PM

Bump for price drop

AlcyoneDaze 09-05-2007 02:24 PM

Will you take $2400? I have a friend who is up my ass about buying my SVX but I wont let her go for that much - PM me maybe we can work something out, he has the cash right now

SubaSteevo 09-05-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze (Post 491446)
Will you take $2400? I have a friend who is up my ass about buying my SVX but I wont let her go for that much - PM me maybe we can work something out, he has the cash right now

PM sent :)