The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why not street race. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=616)

jscorse 06-15-2001 04:53 AM

Why not street race.

1 Attachment(s)
This is somewhat off SVX topic, but the pictures where amazing. A friend loves his VW and their forum. So check out this thread and the news story that is linked to it. I've also attached some picts (I hope) for interest. Well it looks like I can only attach one file. So here's the front of the Integra.

It flew off of a bridge and mid-air'd a pole.

here's the link to their forum:

ttp://forums.vwvortex.com/vwbb/Forum3/HTML/021328.html

tat2skullz 06-15-2001 07:16 AM

I saw this a few days ago... that was an Acura Integra, driven by a 19yr old drunk kid, approx 100MPH when it hit the gaurd rail and flew off the ramp, down into an intersection and through a sign. He is now a corpse, and the other car was a VW jetta. I don't think they've caught him yet.....

Sad, but I guess he got what he asked for and fortunately, no one else was hurt (save for the drunk kid's poor family and friends).

Seth

jscorse 06-15-2001 07:28 AM

Yep on the drunk

Ya, I suppose I forgot that part to. He was drunk. So let me edit my thread header with "Why not street race - DRUNK." Not that I don't love to "kill" those little Civics whenever I can, but flying off of highways I try to avoid.

I don't image the SVX would break up like that. hmmmm?

Any takers on a test?

Aredubjay 06-15-2001 08:06 AM

Jeff, thanks for that "wake-up call." My heart sinks every time I see something like that, mostly, because it very well could've been me, at one time. I was telling a friend of mine the other day, I've had so many "wonderful opportunities to be dead." I am still trying to figure out why God chose to save me from my stupidity. I'm hoping he has a plan for my life to where I can "make a difference" in other people's. I know it sounds corny and cliche, but, that has been my prayer for many years now. I'm still waiting for Him to answer it.

Mr. Pockets 06-15-2001 09:25 AM

I should tape that picture to the dash of my car. No, I don't street race, and it's been months since I had my car over 100. But the point is that I have had my own opprtunities to make myself dead, too.

On the other hand, I thank Subaru for building a car that tries to keep me safe when I *am* stupid and reckless or just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

...cut in HALF...man...I've never sen that before...and I lived in Florida for awhile, so I've seen some pretty horrifying stuff...

nvrmore100 06-15-2001 09:32 AM

Worst I've ever seen was a bike accident....strangely not much of an accident at all.

This actually happened on the road ride after my bike course. One of the punks who got his license to "be cool".

Poor guy was coming into a hard right turn...and there was a pole too close to inside of the turn. Took his head clean off....and his bike took out the two other guys behind him (they made it out with a couple broken bones). Fortunately I was ahead of him (so I didn't throw up from seeing it, as a couple people did). But, seeing a helmet with blood coming out of the bottom was purely horrifying. :(

1994SubaruSVX 06-15-2001 10:50 AM

almost scared to even post.....

as you all know from my earlier thread i nearly had an experience like this the other day. i do occassionally street race, it is stupid, but lately i actually have been trying to take it easy. the thing is that most of the time i dont even initiate the race. some ricer in a honda will challenge me and then off we go. i need to take it easy.....

nvrmore100 06-15-2001 11:03 AM

I still race whenever I can. Only thing that keeps me from really doing it...is the last couple speeding tickets I've had the luxery to get.

Stupid or not...speed kills....but its killer too! :D

1994SubaruSVX 06-15-2001 11:08 AM

there definitely is......

an awesome adrenaline rush from racing. i am going to try and limit mine to some local scca events and pca events. in otherwords either an autocross or a roadcourse. but you have to occasionally take a dirtass trying to challenge you in a ragged out nova dont you??

BTW: i drove all over the dirtass in the nova!:cool:

jscorse 06-15-2001 11:16 AM

Yep, on the racing "need"

Actually, it's more like I want to get away from "them" and I'll be danged if it means I end up beHIND them. :)

These pictures DO keep my head a little cooler though.

As for aredub's coments. I understand the need to make a difference. You've got kids right? There you have it. They're here where before they were not. If they have your genes, then the world is a happier place. The world needs more good people.

How's that for corny? :))

1994SubaruSVX 06-15-2001 11:18 AM

ok that works for me.....

honestly when i was in my moment of stupidity i thought about how my wife would feel coming to the hosipital or hell even being without me. in fact when i told her about the near accident she got really upset. not wanting to upset her is what will keep me grounded...most of the time anyway!

jscorse 06-15-2001 11:33 AM

Try that guilt trip with babies at home

To further that thought I have two kids that think I am everything. I just can't bare to think what they would have to go through. These thoughts keep me in check.

Last night I had another "parental guilt nightmare". Kept me up from 2-3am. I let Shelby ride her bicycle off a bridge. Just one night not playing with her and add those pictures and you have the ingredients for a BAD DREAM.

That said, it's still fun to move fast and have fun, but you won't see me trying to cut off that car ahead of me to beat out another ricer.

For me it's mostly a patience thing, which thankfully I have plenty.

1994SubaruSVX 06-15-2001 02:39 PM

sniffle.....sniffle.....damn that was touching.

damn joe you got all serious on me, i almost lost it sitting her man. i know exactly where you are coming from on that.

Seraph 06-16-2001 11:16 AM

I used to race a lot when I own the camaro(even with under cover cop cars). Now, I am keeping it down a bit. I am only 23 and I still have a decent life left to live I think -- and there are others who keeps telling me to slow down (like my mom and my GFs and friends).

It kind of reminds me of lyrics from an old song by an old band.
the price by twisted sisters:

Oh it's the price we gotta pay
and all the games we gotta play
makes me wonder if it's worth it to carry on
'cause it's the game we gonna lose,
though it's a life we gonna choose
and the price is our own life until it's gone.

lwin

Aredubjay 06-16-2001 11:39 AM

Re: Yep, on the racing "need"

Quote:

Originally posted by jscorse
Actually, it's more like I want to get away from "them" and I'll be danged if it means I end up beHIND them. :)

These pictures DO keep my head a little cooler though.

As for aredub's coments. I understand the need to make a difference. You've got kids right? There you have it. They're here where before they were not. If they have your genes, then the world is a happier place. The world needs more good people.

How's that for corny? :))

Man, I didn't respond to this yesterday because I couldn't see to type after I read it. Uh, I got something in my eye . . . yeah, that's it.

Yep, it was darned corny, but, thanks for reminding me. :)